Chapter 13

Kindly click on the tiny star at the end.

(Unedited)

*********
It's funny how life can turn within seconds, Just the other day when everyone was rejoicing how the pleasant the climate is, A fierce rain had to come and spoil the entire evening. Just when a student finally got her powerpoint ready, found courage to present the presentation; The laptop would face some technical issues. Just when the hardworking employee was about to get a hike, The manager would find minute mistakes and pull him down. We, humans can't stay without planning; we had even planned what should happen today, tomorrow and even in the next ten years. We plan, schedule , circle the important dates on the calender, have plenty of reminders to do things on our own accord.
We dream with no certainty of tomorrow, but can this unforgotten truth restrict us from our aspirations? No.

Sanjeev had planned to take his wife,kriti out for dinner and he was very excited, planned the evening and made sure everything was perfect - the food, the ambience , the drive and he even lit her favourite scented candles. They had an wonderful evening, Little did they know about the tragic accident that would follow.

Sanjeev and Kriti were jamming and vibing to their playlist, The night was calm except for their loud laughters echoing into the rooms of their car. Out of the blue, A truck crashed into their car; apparently the driver was drunk. Luckily, Few youngsters were having a late night road trip, spotted the accident ;informed the police and admitted them to the hospital.

"En ponnu enga da?" Sanjeev asked, rubbing his eyes; wearing a blue gown.

"Avanga ippo than thoonguranga. Na thookitu varava?" Ashwin asked his aching friend.

"Illa irukattum. Kriti epdi iruka, Na eppo avala parka porathu?" Sanjeev asked with hollow eyes.

"Kriti is doing good. Amma vanthurukanga, avanga kooda than irukanga. Nee edhuvum yosikkatha. The doctor said you are doing better da Machan." Ashwin pacified.

"Tell me , Ashwin ; how does it feel when you live for your family, wants only the best things to happen to everyone in the world yet you become so unlucky that you couldn't be there for your wife's delivery, couldn't hold your newborn daughter even for a microsecond? How does it feel, Ashwin? Do you feel like you want the earth to swallow you up? Do you feel miserable? Do you feel like you have failed as a father and a husband?" Sanjeev cracked, with tears flowing through his eye rims.

The Accident was so brutal , The doctors informed for a C- section immediately for kriti, Sanjeev had been unconscious throughout, He had badly broken his arms, ribs and had a concussion in his head. He was adviced for a bedrest for two weeks, though he has been showing great progress;
Sanjeev was devastated that he wasn't there,beside kriti, soothing her, comforting her, praying for her safety, while she gave birth to their daughter. It is even more painful for Sanjeev that he couldn't hold his newly born daughter in his arms, cocoon her, craddle her, Hug her close to his chest and pepper her with kisses. It's heart wrenching.

"Machan, Machan....Dei..." Ashwin hugged his bestfriend, shedding tears.
"There are times; times where life will be extremely miserable, You will feel useless, You will feel helpless, You will hate yourself, you will even question your existence; It's in those moments, In those moments ; Think of all the people who loves you, Those who still love you despite your weakest moments, your stupidest decision and your darkest moments. Nee ippo soldratha ketta , krithi epdi feel pannuvanga, Un paiyyan epdi edhuthuppan, Riya epdi yosippa and namma kutty thanga ponnu ku enna theriyum.. Macha, Evlo periya porkalam ah irunthaalum, namma epdi react panrom; epdi antha situation ah handle panrom , athu romba romba mukiyam. Naanga Ellam illaya unaku? Enna unaku unaku ippo, innum two weeks la nee than un ponna thooki vechi sutha pora, athuvaraikum aachum naanga avala vechi velayaduromey da?" Ashwin pacified his best friend.