Chapter 11

Kindly click on the tiny star at the bottom

(unedited)

Ashwin is a charmer. He would impress you by the way he dress, the positive smile he carries and most importantly, By his never compromising manners. There are his fans, still waiting for him to begin a podcast so that they can listen to his talks for hours and hours. He sure has a way with words; The way he articulate all the pearls of his wisdom and strings it into a beautiful art, is something that leaves people in awe. Yet, Ashwin is Ashwin. He is a flawed human behind that perfect aura. Ashwin is an enigma, An enigma that enthralled and ignited a fire of curiosity to the people around him. And Sivaangi was no exception.

Sivaangi was caught off guard by his kind eyes, enlightening words and above all, the undivided attention he gave her. Ashwin would drop all his work just to hear Sivaangi's lame jokes, her quirky question and her rants. A gesture that can melt anyone's heart. A 20 year old Sivaangi, would have never imagined how drastically her life would turn because the person she welcomed into the cookery show with a rose. Ironically, with or without her knowing ; she had dragged him to her tedious life ; Just Like the  Mani Ratnam's famous Alaipayuthey dialogue; " Appo sirika vecha, ippo azha veikura"...

Sivaangi kept fidgeting her fork, while her chilli garlic vegetable noodles fell prey to her swirling and rolling fork. She glared at Vinayak who was busy pulling their mother's leg and KrishnaKumar was busy discussing about all the healthy food routine that Annie has to follow. Her gaze slowly fell over Ashwin. If there was anyone who feels exactly how Sivaangi does, It is Ashwin. An awkwardly smiling Ashwin was seated beside Taara, nodding his head aimlessly to everything taara says ; But Sivaangi knew his mind is wandering and piled up with various thoughts.

Sensing Sivaangi's stare, Ashwin's chocolate brown eyes met Sivaangi's doe eyes; pleading her to do something and ease the thick tension. If it was anyone else, Sivaangi would have easily burst the bubble of awkward tension, however how can she burst the bubble; even it was her who had the created the bubble in the first place.

Sivaangi vividly remember numerous occasions where Ashwin would come unannounced, March into kitchen, cook for the family; roasts Sivaangi along with her mother ; discuss politics with her father and run numerous video game sessions with vinayak. Her family had placed Ashwin in the highest rank; they adored him, stood by him and supported him in everything he did ; But they were Sivaangi's family after all. They were shattered ,when Ashwin gave divorce to Sivaangi without stating any valid reason. Sivaangi's family stood for her while she stood for Ashwin.

Ashwin recalls the dreadful day with a sour face. His family and Sivaangi's family had gathered in their home ; to resolve their issue and demanded the reason for his 'stupid' decision. But how can they resolve their issue, when there was no issue between them ; in the first place. The argument went on and intensed to a stage where Binni started throwing hurtful words at Ashwin. It was then, the mute Sivaangi voiced that she is okay with Ashwin's decision , asked them all  to leave and declared she can manage her life on her own.

"Avan ah nambi , nambi than nee ipdi iruka, Sivu. Unna Avan kashta paduthuran nu enaku theriyuthu di. Amma solren, un nallathuku than Solren. Enga kooda vanthuru ma." Binni pleaded to her daughter, unable to see her lifeless eyes.

"Ama na avara nambi nambi than ipdi iruken. Neenga yaarumey ennala onnum panna mudiyathu nu nenacha appo, Avaru than kooda ninnu support pannaru. Neenga yaarumey ennala cook panna mudiyathu nu sonna appo, avaru than enna guide pannaaru, Neenga yaarumey enkooda illatha appo, avaru than en kooda innum nikkuraaru.
Engalukkulla aayiram irukum ; Avaru edhuvum en nallathuku than pannuvaaru. Naa namburen . Intha ulagamey avaruku against ah ninnalum parava illa; Na, Sivaangi Ashwinkumar avaru kooda than nippen. Neenga ellarum polam." Sivaangi firmly stated, signalling the end of discussion.