□PROLOGUE□

Suguru Daishou has had a crush on his childhood best friend, Tetsuro Kuroo, for as long as he could remember. It all started at a sleepover when they were six.

"Shou.." a little voice called, shaking his arm.

Daishou opened his eyes and looked to the side of his bed to see spiky hair and cat-like hazel eyes staring at him. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Hey, Tetsu. What's up?" he asked in a sleepy voice.

Kuroo stood up and hugged the stuffed animal he was holding. "I had a bad dream. Can I sleep with you tonight?" Daishou smiled and pat the space next to him.

"Come on." Kuroo smiled brightly and climbed into the queen-sized bed, laying down next to Daishou. He snuggled into his chest as Daishou put a hand on his head and rubbed his back with the other. "Sweet dreams, Tetsu," then Daishou kissed his forehead.

Sadly, everything came crashing down in university when Daishou finally had another chance to see the one he loved. Only. . . he had a new best friend, Kotaro Bokuto.

Animosity rose between Daishou and Bokuto as they competed for Kuroo's affection. However, this competition seems to have made them grow closer. . . in more ways than one.

They pretended to tolerate each other when Kuroo was around but, as soon as he left, their hatred immediately surfaced and Daishou was always the one against the wall.