| Chapter Five |

| Wicked |

| What Did You Just Say? |

As Hana made it home, she noticed the door was cracked open and the lock was broken.

She held her breathe as she slowly opened the door and peaked inside, scared at what she might find.

She threw the door open as she saw the place was destroyed.
"Mom!" Hana shouted as she started to frantically look around.
She entered her bedroom to see an envelope folded neatly on the edge of her bed. It seemed like her room was the only one that wasn't touched.

She picked up the envelope and opened it. It was a letter.
'If you want your mother alive, I want all of my money.'

"Shit!" Hana shouted as she read it over and over again.
"Damn it!" She punched a hole in the wall. "What the hell do I do...I don't have even half of what I took!" she ran her hands through her hair. "This is too messy. It's gone too far. I should've killed that bastard." She mumbled to herself.

"I'm gonna kill that bastard."
She held her breathe as she heard a knock at the door she left wide open.

She peaked her head out of her room to see a familiar card laying on the ground.
"You sick sons of bitches." She huffed as she rushed forward to pick up the card.

|

Hana paced back and forth in front of the hospital. She went to the office to find it empty and she had just left the hospital, hoping that for some reason, Chin-Hae would've taken her mother there, but he didn't.

Hana had no clue where her mother was or what that man had done to her. She didn't know what else to do besides play in those stupid games and take the money back to the office.
So she could lure boss in and slit his throat wide open.

Hana inhaled deeply to calm herself down, knowing the anger wouldn't help her mom, she thought of something she could do.

If there was one thing that made Hana feel something besides fear, anger, or sorrow...it was the orphanage. She found this park that was right beside it during her week of watching Sae, where she could watch the kids play and listen to their laughter.
They make everything feel so simple.
Hana always wished she had siblings. Someone to grow up with, learn from, and be protected by.

Before she knew it, her feet had carried her to the park. She'd always thought about volunteering at the orphanage but in good conscious, she couldn't spend time with kids knowing she would go kill someone for money right after.

As she took her usual seat on a bench, taking off her jacket and tying her hair up to enjoy the sun, she spotted Sae Byeok sitting on the sidewalk with her little brother.
Though, Hana couldn't hear their conversation, she saw the girl hug the little boy comfortingly and she smiled.

Not a smirk, a real smile. Her internal world seemed to be ever changing with all the crap she recently had been facing but she sat and breathed in this moment.
Taking in the good emotions and the sunshine before everything falls apart.

"What are you doing?" Hana quickly opened her eyes to see Sae Byeok standing in front of her. "Are you following me?" Sae asked.

"Don't flatter yourself." Hana chuckled. "You're not the only one who goes to parks." She tried to make it seem as if she didn't know about the orphanage.

Sae Byeok sighed and turned to walk away. "You're welcome to join me." Hana called after her. "The bench fits two."

The short haired girl stood still and Hana thought she'd walk off so she went back to resting her eyes in the sun.
She was pleasantly surprised when she felt someone sit next to her.

"Are you going back to the game?" Hana asked suddenly.
"...I don't have a choice."
Hana looked at her confused. "Everyone has a choice."
"Well are you going back?" Sae looked back at her.
Hana sighed. "I see what you mean."

Sae Byeok chuckled sarcastically as she looked at her hands.
"Something funny?" Hana asked.
"You think I don't recognize you?" Sae asked, almost defensively.
"What do you mean?" Hana replied instantly, not liking where this was going.

"I used to work for Deoksu. Everyone has heard of 'Hana'." Sae smiled as she used her fingers for quotation.
Hana internally let out a breathe of relief...kinda. "So you've heard of my work." She smiled. "Is that why you're scared of me?" She asked teasingly.

"I'm not scared-"
"No? Intimidated then."
"No. I'm not."
"Attracted? It's okay to admit it if you are. I'm very attracted to you, Sae."

The conversation stopped.
Hana almost held her breathe as she realized her mistake.

"What did you just say?" Sae Byeok asked looking at the girl in surprise.
"I'll see you in the games." Hana smirked and started to walk away.

Sae wanted to follow her and ask her how she knew her name, but she was scared.

|

Hana stood at the stop, waiting for her ride. Thoughts of her mother ran through her mind. As well as Sae Byeok.
She was nervous to see if Sae would even look her way. She wanted to reassure her that she wasn't after her...anymore...in that way.

She also has to make sure Sae Byeok survived.
She'd find a way to get the both of them out alive and with the money the world owes them.

It was 12:00 o'clock on the dot and the familiar van was coming speedily, the tires almost screeching as it stopped next to Hana and opened it's door.

She rolled her eyes as she got in a creepy van for the second time in four days, but this time she came prepared. As the chemicals entered the air she stuffed her nose in her turtle neck and pretended to sleep.
This is how she snuck in her ninja stars.

|

Hana waited until she knew they had placed her in that damned bunk bed and left to open her eyes and look around. She didn't want to move yet because she knew they'd be watching.
But after 10 minutes, music started playing and she watched one person sit up before she decided to do the same.

Hana rose up and stretched her arms, pretending to be a little groggy from her 'nap.'

She still had her hair wrapped up in the bun she'd made around the ninja stars and knew she had to get them out and put them in her pocket, for easy grabbing.

She saw a side door and chuckled to herself as a plan started forming in her head. She got up from the bunk and marched over to the door, through the people that had awoken.

"I have to go to the bathroom!" She knocked on the door. "I know you're out there...please?" She crossed her arms, waiting.
A red jumpsuit man opened the door and said nothing. He only stood to the side to let her by, someone watching her the whole time.

|