| Chapter Eight |

| Wicked |

| Stop Talking |

Hana was in her own world as she sang a tune in her head to keep herself from thinking too much. She had chipped off one side, leaving two more. She was extremely nervous for this round, considering she was absolute shit at this game.

She looked up to see Sae Byeok was scraping away at the honeycomb. She had already broken off two sides and had just picked off the last piece.
Hana was proud.

Hana's breathe hitched as she looked at her triangle.
It had broken.
"Sae Byeok."

Sae looked up to Hana and became concerned once she saw the sad look in her eyes. Sae Byeok looked at her triangle to see it was broken in half.
"No." Sae breathed out.
"I'm sorry." Hana's eyes teared up. "You can do this." She whispered, looking fiercely into the girl's eyes.

Sae Byeok started shaking her head. "No we can fix it." She looked at the broken triangle and cursed under her breathe.
"I told you I never won." Hana felt a tear drop down her cheek.

"No Hana." Sae Byeok didn't know what else to say as she put her head on Hana's shoulder, letting a tear slip herself.

The girl figured the footsteps behind her was a red jumpsuit man, ready to take her life, but a perfectly cut out triangle was put in her lap and her tin, with the broken triangle, was taken.

She looked up to see an old woman, smiling. "Why are you doing this?" Hana asked as she held the triangle carefully.
"For love. For life." She smiled and said simply and walked off towards a guard.

"Wait no-" Hana wanted to go after her but Sae Byeok kept her on the ground, her arms wrapped around Hana tightly.
"Wait!" The woman was shot.

Hana held her breathe as she watched her fall to the ground.
"Player 067 passed. Player 008 passed."

|

After the game, Hana sat in her bunk staring at the boiled egg and Sae Byeok sat across from her, staring at her. She was trying to figure out what she may be thinking.

"Are we going to talk about how you cried over my death?" Hana chuckled.
Sae Byeok gave her a look. "I didn't cry." She tried to deny it.
"Oh right your eyes were sweating." Hana said more to herself, before getting quiet again.
"For love...for life." She mumbled.

"What?" Sae asked, confused.
"The woman said she was...doing that for love and for life...what does that even mean?" Hana finally looked at Sae Byeok.

This is where Hana decided to stop ignoring a serious situation with flirty remarks and death threats. She was nervous to do so in front of Sae Byeok,
but she trusted her.

"I-I don't know." Sae shook her head. She wanted to say something comforting but she wasn't the comforting type.
"I'm happy she did it." She admitted.

Hana held her gaze. "I was supposed to die in there." Tears forming in her eyes, as she looked to her fiddling hands.
"But you didn't." Sae Byeok scooted closer and wrapped her arms around Hana, who gladly accepted the hug.

"I didn't know I was scared to die until I was that close to it." Hana's voice was shaky. "Everyone here is going to die. I don't know what happens after you die - That woman went in my place, but where?" Sae Byeok held onto Hana, a few tears falling on her shoulder.

"Stop talking, Hana." Sae held her tightly, tears in her own eyes. "Cry if you need to but please, stop talking."

218 glanced over at the two girls, clinging to each other, and sadly smiled. He was happy they had made it.
He was happy with his decision.

"Five meals are missing sir!" The woman's voice caught the girl's attention.

Hana quickly wiped her wet cheeks and turned to see the commotion.
"Please sir we need to eat!" The man shouted and a gun was pointed at his face.

"Excuse me." A woman called, standing up. "It was them." She pointed to 101 and his band of babbling baboons.
"I saw them skip the line and get seconds. I saw it." She says.

Everyone looked their way as they ate their eggs...or other people's eggs.
"Hey, why is everybody staring? You've never seen a guy eat before? Jeez." He ignored the accusation.

A man in line for food made his way to the group. Sae Byeok grabbed Hana's hand and they shared a look.
"Who do you think you are? That's my food you just ate." The man yelled.

"Oh so this is yours?" Deukso held up the soda. "Is your name on it? Cause I sure don't see anything." His team laughed.

The man rushed forward to try and take the drink from Deukso. "Give it! It's mine!" The bottle smashed on the ground and there was silence.

Deukso gripped 271 in anger. "Why did you do that? You idiot. How's this, huh?" Deukso punched him in the face.
"How come a scrawny guy like you is so greedy with his food? You piece of shit!"
Deukso kicked him in the stomach.

"You should learn to share." He kicked him again.
And again.
And again.
And again.
And again.

Hana so badly wanted to get up and beat the shit out of this man but by the tight grip Sae Byeok had on her hand, she knew she was needed right where she was.

Deukso finally stopped his kicking and left the man on the floor, unmoving. 218 stepped forward with 456 by his side and they checked his pulse.
"He's gone." 218 looked up to his friend and then looked to Hana.

"...hello, guards!" 456 shouted. "Can somebody do something?" The men in red didn't respond.
"Hey didn't you hear that? That man just died! That bastard just killed him!" He shouted more. "He just killed someone over there! He just died! Can't you hear me? Help us now! We shouldn't be killing each other like this."

"Player 271 eliminated."
The number of players went down to 107 and the money went up to 34.9 billion won.
Then the lights dimmed and the money was added to the glowing pig.

Hana looked at Sae Byeok to see her almost shaking in fear. The man who was most definitely after her, just beat a man to death and earned a shit ton of money for it.

More men in red came in carrying a black box with a pink ribbon on top. They placed the man's body inside and left with him.

|

It was 30 minutes till lights out and Hana sat in her bunk across from Sae Byeok, who refused to make eye contact.
Hana already had a partial plan in mind in case anything happens after the lights go out. Which, she knew was inevitable.

Hana sighed as she scooted to sit by the girl and interlocked their hands.
"What are you doing?" Sae asked.
"Comforting you." Hana responded, looking at her primary target.
But, the girl pulled her hand away. "I don't need comforting."

Hana wanted to respond but she could tell that the withdrawn and cautious girl beside her still had walls put up. She didn't want to try and break them down before Sae Byeok was ready to take them down herself.
She needed time.

"What are you thinking?" Sae Byeok asked, now trying to get Hana's attention.
"Shh." Hana shushed her. "It's hard to plan murder with a hot girl breathing down my neck."

The short haired girl knew Hana was trying to deflect the question by getting her flustered, but she wouldn't let it work...completely.

Sae Byeok sighed. "Hana-"
"Whatever you have to say, don't." Hana finally looked at her. "We're not dying tonight."
Sae only nodded in reply. She didn't know what was going to happen but she knew Hana would be just fine defending herself.

"I'll be back." Hana started getting up.
"Where are you going?" Sae Byeok asks.
"I'm going to try and listen in on what those idiots are saying." She slyly nodded her head towards Deukso.

"That doesn't sound like a good idea." Sae told her.
"Please." Hana chuckled. "All my ideas are good." She winked and stood up, making her way towards 101.

|