Chapter Five

Everea's POV

My classes had been pre picked by myself and I had gotten two classes that I had absolutely wanted. A dance class, and a creative writing class. My writing class was on opposite days as my dance class. Today, I was lucky. I had dance class.

Grabbing my duffle bag, I packed my workout clothes inside. My sneakers, and my sweatpants and crop top. Zipping the bag the rest of the way, I heard a knock on my door. "Coming~" I called out happily.

My good mood was shattered when I opened the door to find Ichijo, a night class student, standing at my door. I slammed it in his face, but he just knocked again. I frowned, cracking the door open and peaking out, "What do you want?"

"I came by to give you this. You seemed to have forgotten it when you visited the Moon Dormitory." He explained calmly, a stunning smile on his face. I was surprised I could have forgotten something and opened the door.

"I don't usually forget stuff..." I said softly, taking the package from his hands. It looked like whatever I had forgotten was well taken care of, "Uhm... thank you." I opened the package to see what I had forgotten, but I found a pair of brand new jazz slippers. "Wait- these aren't mi-" My voice faltered when I looked up and found the night class student gone. 

Where did these come from...? These aren't mine. They must have made a mistake. I'll have to return them at some point.

My gaze drifted to my alarm clock. I was going to run late if I lingered any longer. I shoved the box into my bag, slipping on my knee high combat boots, and running to my dance class. Yes, I was very happy about having a dance class. I was so distracted that I didn't notice the pair of eyes following me, and the person who went with the eyes. 

Time Skip/Halfway through dance class

My body was well adept to dancing, I had not done ballet, but jazz and hip hop were my specialty. Dancing made me feel free, made me forget life's daily grievances. There were only about five students in my dance class and that made me feel better about how I would be dressing. 

There were two boys, and three girls. I had expected to see a bigger class of students, but I liked the small class. We all went off on our own and changed into our dance gear. Before long, we were lined up by a bar, and our instructor was checking our posture and posing. I knew all of these instructions and knew how to place my body just right. Dancing came naturally to me. 

"It seems we have a student who has practice already?" I heard the teacher say confidently. I gave him a bow of my head, letting him know he was correct. With this knowledge he called me to the front of the class to show off what I already knew.

"May I play a song I already have choreography too?" I asked. When he agreed, I put the music on a loud speaker, getting into position, and then dancing my heart out when play was clicked.

The music ended, my body curled and my arms gently caressing my legs, as I ended my dance, slightly out of breath. The newfound silence made me feel out of place, and as I lifted my head, I stood slowly, but was then surprised by an encore of applause. 

"Wow, Everea! We never knew you were such a good dancer!" One of my classmates exclaimed.

I gave them a smile and felt my cheeks turn a little hot, "I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've been dancing since I was about six." I explained, telling them about how I started dancing.

The class was almost over, and I hadn't realized it because the teacher had let me lead some of the class, showing my fellow students basic foot work and how to be fluid with their moves. When the bell rang, I jumped, snapping out of my revelry, dancing really put me into my own little world.

"Ah. Have a good day everyone." I bowed to them all, grabbing my bag, and rushing out of the classroom. I hadn't gotten time to change and rushed to get back to my dorm so that I could change out of my crop top and sweatpants, and back into my school uniform. 

"I do hope you don't walk around like that on the normal." I heard a familiar voice taunt me. I stopped in my tracks, turning to face half of the night class now standing in behind me. It was indeed Hanabusa who had spoken out to me. 

I shot a razor sharp glare in his direction, holding my bag to my stomach, hiding the exposed skin, as my face went a bit red, "Leave me alone, Hanabusa." I turned away, making to continue my journey back to my classroom, but was stopped by Hanabusa's sudden presence in front of me. I reached for my gun, but had forgotten it was replaced with the Litchren Rod. 

"Awww, is someone missing their weapon?" He teased, only causing me to become even more enraged.

I reached into my bag, where I had stashed the rod, and activated it. It was a hair's breath away from his nose. I could see the fear that lit his eyes, "I'm not missing it. I exchanged it." I answered coldly, feeling one of the others come behind me. In response, I swung the extended weapon and just nearly missed Ichijo's head, the staff being caught by his hand, the crackling noise of the weapon being heard, the blue sparks lighting the space up.

"Please put this away, Miss Yasui." Ichijo gave me a serious look, unlike the look he had this morning when he handed me the jazz slippers. Speaking of... 

"Fine." I huffed and put the Litchren Rod back, pulling the box I had received this morning, throwing it to Ichijo. "These aren't mine, take them back. Now leave me alone, I have a class to get too." I glared at them all before I left them behind and went back to my dorm.

"Why do they keep bothering me. I hate all of them." I pouted. All my thoughts were interrupted when I heard my door open and a loud thud ring out. I ran out into the main part of my dorm room and found Zero collapsed on my floor, panting heavily as he leaned against my door. I wasn't fully dressed, my skirt and tank top were on, but that was it.

"Zero?! Are you okay?!" I rushed over, kneeling in front of him. He yelled for me to go away, but I refused to move. "Let's get you to your dorm, come on." I helped him to his feet, holding him tightly. My Litchren Rod was strapped beneath my skirt, but I didn't care about that. Helping Zero to the staircase, I helped walk down, and we made it to the boys dormitory, the stairwell was empty. Everyone else were in classes.

The silence between us was nearly unbearable, and Zero kept collapsing from the pain he was feeling. "We're almost there..." I reassured him. I let him sit for a moment, his breathing more ragged than before. His eyes were a deep red, no longer his normal violet. I turned my back on him for no more than a few seconds, not realizing Zero was struggling so far.

I felt his long arms wrap around my body, one hand holding my cheeks tightly, the other pinning my arms in his arm and my hand with his hand. "Zero..?" My eyes were wide, my pulse quickening. I knew he was struggling with being turned, but why would he attack me? Before I could ask him anything else, I felt his tongue drag up my neck, my red hair pushed away, "Zero wait-!" My voice was cut off as his fangs sank into my neck, causing me to let out a scream, my back arching and my eyes squeezing shut.

It hurts. Zero... it hurts. My vision was blurring and my body felt heavy, like I was turning to stone. With Zero's fangs sunk into my neck, I could hear him sucking on my skin, drinking the blood from my pale neck. Before my eyes completely shut, I saw a tall figure rushing towards me. I could feel myself being pulled away from my best friend's grasp, and the momentum caused me to gain a bit of an adrenaline boost.

"Devouring a human girl with no mercy. How repulsive." The voice was so familiar that I tensed up, looking up to find myself in Kaname Kuran's embrace as he shielded me from my silver haired friend. My eyes drifted to Zero's face, my body too weak to resist Kaname's hold on my waist and arms. I could see my blood smearing Zero's lips, chin, and shirt, but I wasn't terrified of him, he did not scare me.

As Kaname raised his arm, I realized what was about to happen and pushed myself out of Kaname's embrace, rushing to protect Zero. It didn't do anything, seeming as I collapsed, being caught by my waist once again. Before I lost consciousness, I saw Zero's sad face, my arm hanging from Kaname's grasp, as he carried me to an unknown place, my vision going black.