Chapter Six

Everea's POV

Feeling a cool breeze on my face, I stirred slightly, my body feeling heavy and weird. Groaning softly, I pushed myself up from my lying position, my neck throbbing. What the hell happened? Before I could answer my question, I realized I wasn't in my bed, my hands running over the dark sheets, barely able to see through the room with the moonlight shining through the curtains. How long have I been asleep? Even as my thoughts were swimming, I heard a shuffle in the corner, my attention snapping towards the sound, sitting up a bit straighter. I wasn't in my clothing either! I was in a shirt three times too big and a skirt that was white instead of black.

Watching as someone came into view from the shadows, I slowly scooted towards the edge of the bed, my limbs still feeling shaky, as I wondered what the hell was going on. Finally, the person came into view, and it was no other than Kaname Kuran. The fuck?! Internally panicking, I stared at him, my hair such a mess that it was blocking half my view, but I was too nervous to move it. What the hell was happening? Why am I with him? Where did Zero go? My eyes darted around the room, looking for an escape, but there were only two. The window and the door that Kuran was blocking me from accessing.

"You're finally awake. I was worried you would sleep forever." Even though his voice was the same as always, Everea felt like he was just being a smartass, and she shot him a glare. How long had she been sleeping for him to say she was 'finally awake'? A few hours? A day? Getting out from under the blankets, Everea held onto the bedpost to support herself until she was sure she could stand without help. Looking to her side, she saw her things there. Her uniform, her weapon, and her holster. Looks like everything was here.

Without a word, she began gathering her things in one hand, sliding her socks and shoes on. It wasn't like he wanted anything from her besides to tease and make fun of her. "I'm leaving." Her voice sounded tired but strong, and her red hair was frizzy from sleeping. Normally her hair was straight, but with the friz it was a bit bouncy with small curls. "And next time, don't bother helping me... I can handle mysel-" Before she could finish her sentence, Kaname had appeared before her, his hand under her chin, and making her look up at him. 

With widened eyes, Everea stared at him, her hands still gripping her things, as she pressed her lips into thin lines. "You're not leaving yet, Everea." Feeling a surge of anger, she shoved his hand away, only to be caught by his other and pulled to her feet. With her cheeks growing warm, she snarled at him, her eyebrows pinning together as she dropped her things, trying to pull away.

"Let go of me, Kaname. You're letting me leave. Now." Her voice sounded strained as she fought against his hold, her mind reeling with possibilities of what he wanted with her. Despite her words and struggle against him, she couldn't break free and was led out of the bedroom he had placed her in, seemingly his room. As they walked the hallway, Everea pushed against his hand, trying to get her wrist out of his grip to no avail. Why the hell wasn't he letting her go?! "Kuran! Let go!" She yelled.

Without a word, the vampire led her to another room. This room looked similar to the one they had gone to when she almost shot him. Why are we here? Even though she was questioning everything, she couldn't voice her concerns, having been dragged here. It was preposterous and she hoped she could clock him over the head with her staff soon. Being sat down in a chair, she glared at him, annoyed that she didn't have a say in any of this. Finally finding the courage to speak up, Kaname's back to her, her voice worried, "Why are we here?"

As Kaname grabbed a book from the shelf, the spine looking worn and tattered, the book itself so large it seemed to be too big to hold, he just opened it to a page and sat it down on her lap. "What?" Looking down at the page when he didn't answer, she scanned the words and saw that it was the history of a pureblooded family. "So? What the hell does this have anything to do with me? I'm human. I don't need to know about your stupid lineages." Putting the book on the table in front of her, Everea glared at Kaname, daring him to challenge her on this.