Chapter Ten

As Everea sat on the soft covers of the bed, she blinked a few times and ran her fingertips over the files cover. If she opened this she would know the truth about everything. Including if Kaname Kuran was right about her lineage. She couldn't make sense of it, but if he was, by some miracle, correct... No. He was wrong.

Pushing a stray lock of hair behind her ear, the red head tried to ignore the feeling of the purebloods piercing gaze, her heart thundering with fear on what was inside this file. Swallowing a thickness in her throat, her frail hands now shaking, she opened the file and saw the first word... 'Alive' underlined three times in red ink. That one word had her feeling ill.

Forcing her blue eyes to roam down the page, Everea felt like she couldn't breathe. She didn't recognize a lot of the names on the page, but all the scribbles and notes and timelines were adding up... This wasn't true! With shaking hands, her gaze finally landed on a small section that had notes on her life. A human mother taking care of her, disguised as a hunter to protect her identity, and more. Staring at the paper, she was amazed he only had one page with all this discovered on it. How long had he been looking for her? How long had she been being watched? Did he only take action after she had come to Cross Academy, or had he pushed her into making this decision by forcing Albert to mention the school? Had her 'mother' been in on this?

What was going to happen to her now? She was... utterly human. Despite all these records and discoveries proving what he had been saying all along, she wasn't a vampire. She was human. No fangs, no powers, nothing. She had run away before, she could do it again! He was just fabricating evidence! All these notes were just to trick her into thinking he had been looking for her all this time!

Staring at the paper, lost in thought, she hadn't noticed the man come closer until it was too late. By the time she even thought about moving her legs to run, he had grabbed her wrist and blocked her exit. Shocked, she looked up at him, her eyes still as wide as saucers and her mind racing. How did he always know what she was going to do before her?!

Trying to pull away from him, she was panting, fear taking over her training. This wasn't possible... It wasn't. Feeling a deep sense of rage that she didn't know even existed, she slammed her fist into his cheek, knocking him off balance enough to remove herself from the equation. Even though her chance of escape was lower than two percent at this rate, she still had to try.

With her emotions running ramped, she didn't even try to grab a coat before rushing through the moon dormitories' hallways. It seemed that everyone was in bed since the sun was up. Perfect timing for her. Still in her nightgown, Everea ran as fast as she could, her bare feet almost slipping on the tiled floors that seemed freshly cleaned. Hearing a door slam open, she flinched, but didn't stop; afraid of how Kaname would react to her hitting him. He deserves it for everything he's put me through! Even as she thought this, she did feel the slightest bit of guilt about hitting him.

Reaching the moon dorms front door, she pushed her whole body against them, managing to open them just enough to squeeze out through a small crack before they fell shut once more: not that that would stop HIM from catching her. Panting frantically, she tried to make it to the fountain, only to be grabbed from behind; Kaname's strong arms embracing her around the mid section to hold her back from leaving him. 

"You can't run away from your lineage, Everea." Despite his voice being so calm and neutral, it only infuriated Everea even further, her face flushed from running in the chilly day with only a night gown on.

"Yes, I can! Let me go!" She screamed, trying to wiggle away from him as he held her steady. Even as she tried her best, he held her there with no troubles. Luckily, they were covered by the shrubbery, so none of the day class students who were in class right now could see them. Even though she realized it was useless, the red head continued to fight against his hold, her nails leaving small marks on his skin, but not drawing blood from how dull they were; her face as red as her hair as she cried.

How was this all possible?...