Chapter Nine

As Everea washed her hair, she relished in the warmth of the shower. It wasn't like she took long showers on the normal, which cost money that she didn't have. But since Kuran had decided to take her hostage, she decided she would take an hour-long shower to try and get all her tenseness out.

Not twenty minutes into her shower, Everea had a splitting headache, and she felt like she needed to sit down. Fighting against the feeling of dizziness, the redhead sighed and placed her hand against the shower wall, placing a hand against her eyes. That last time she had a headache in the shower she saw blood everywhere... Shaking her head, she refused to open her blue eyes, keeping them tightly shut, as she blindly shut the shower off.

Even though it was difficult, her hands fumbling for the knobs and then her towel, she couldn't make herself open her eyes, knowing that she would be seeing another hallucination. Once she was wrapped in her towel, Everea found a corner and slumped against the wall, holding her head in her hands, her knees pulled up to her chest, as she tried to breathe through the pain without opening her eyes.

After nearly five minutes, the doorknob sounded as if someone was trying to open the door. Growing irritated, Everea snapped, her voice demanding, "Leave me alone!" Yelling at him, she kept her head down, hugging her knees, as she was barely covered by the towel. If he came in here, she would beat the ever-living hell out of the man.

Hearing the knob stop rattling, Everea almost sighed in relief, running a hand through her hair as she rested her forehead on her knees. How annoying. She couldn't be left alone for more than twenty minutes without this psycho checking in on her somehow.

Before he could have the chance to try and enter again, Everea got up from her spot on the floor, finally daring to open her eyes. Despite her headache having subsided slightly, she was still greeted by the sight of blood everywhere; even covering her own body. Despite having these hallucinations for the past week or so, she could never get used to it, her breath catching in her throat as she froze in her spot against the wall.

Whimpering slightly, the redhead couldn't wrap her mind around why she started having them all of a sudden. It must be something Kuran did to her. It has to be. There's no other explanation besides that. Shaking her head, Everea held her towel tighter around her, her hands shaking, as she made her way to the door and poked her head out. 

When she finally did have her head out the door, half of her body as well, she immediately saw Kuran sitting on the large bed she had gotten out of, a book in his hand. If he knew she was there, he made no indication of it, and she took that as a good sign.

After watching him intensely for a moment, she came out of the bathroom and went to the coffee table where a white uniform had been laid out for her. Of course... Her inner voice screamed at her to stay in her towel just to spite him, but she already felt vulnerable enough just being here and decided it would be best to get dressed properly. 

Snatching the clothes from the coffee table, Everea made a quick getaway, not wanting to be near him any more than she had to be. It was as if he just didn't care anymore now that she was within his grasp. Wonderful... He gets to ruin my life and I'm just some play toy for him. With her negative thoughts overwhelming her, she locks the bathroom door once again. Even though she knew it was a false security since he could easily break the door, she still felt a bit better with it locked.

⊱—————— ✧——————⊰

By the time classes were supposed to start, Everea had yet to leave the bathroom, refusing to go with him to class. Even though she was in her uniform, the redhead didn't want to be surrounded by the night class for such a long time... or at all.