THE SCARRED BASTARD (PART I)

WELCOME BACK TO THE WORLD WHERE INCEST IS A MAIN PLOT POINT.

ANYWAY, THIS IS JUST PART 1 OF A Y/N CENTRIC SECTION (CLEARLY).

AGAIN, THE MAIN PROTAGONISTS ARE Y/N, ASLAN AND BJORN.

__________

Y/N

Y/N Snow, if he could be blunt, is already scared shitless.

Why? Because he was invited to witness the execution of a sworn Brother of the Night's Watch for desertion by Ned Stark. And Y/N knew the consequences of deserting from the brotherhood. It was law, and he was about to see it carried through for the first time.

It doesn't take long, Eddard gathers his men along with Robb, Theon, Jon, Bran and Y/N. There is also Ser Rodrik Cassel and the Captain of the Guards Jory Cassel riding with them.

"A deserter was caught?" Bran says to Robb, his eldest brother.

"Aye, the punishment for desertion is beheading." Robb answers as they get closer and closer to the site. "It's a law that has been passed down for centuries."

"This isn't going to be pleasant but it must be done." Jon adds. Y/N clutches the reins on his horse a bit tighter from that proclamation. He's never seen someone die up close. Although, due to his mother, he has gotten a little too close to it a few times.

"If he is going to get beheaded, why is father going?" Bran asks.

"Father believes a man who gives the sentence, should carry out the sentence." Robb answers gently. "You'll understand soon enough Bran." The eldest Stark siblings turns towards Y/N. "You too."

Y/N gulps as he gives out a nod. Jon looks at his friend with worry. It's clear Y/N is scared. The Harclay boy is trying his hardest not to show it, but Jon has known the boy long enough to tell.

Riding near Y/N, Jon sends him a small smile, silently assuring him that this is a necessary act, no matter how brutal it seems.

Y/N's mother's voice passes by his ears like a gentle wind. "You're too weak to amount to anything less than-" But he closes his eyes and forces it out of his brain. He's with the Stark's..they'll protect him from anything outside Winterfell...right?

_______

The area surrounding the execution block is too hilly. Good for keeping the scene private but awful to get to. The Stark party arrive and quickly dismount, forming an audience around the block. Standing in between Robb and Bran, Y/N looks ahead and hears a trembling voice mumbling.

".... Saw the White Walkers. White Walkers. The White Walkers. I saw the White Walkers."

They spot a man being dragged towards the block in the middle by two guardsman, this was the deserter, being escorted to his death.