14"

"Dinner's almost ready.", Ashton called, and Sav and the boys in the pool screamed and got out.

 "I feel like a dad with them sometimes. Preparing dinner and calling them to stop playing around.", he said laughing, and he was probably right. We all gathered around the table and enjoyed dinner, talking about the day and that we all enjoyed it a lot and should repeat it. We agreed to get some wine and just stay the night at Luke's. And thus, the evening continued with lots of laughter and stories about their time back in Sydney, when the band had just started. In return Sav and I told them about the start of our friendship in school and the adventures we've already went through.

"The evening was amazing, thanks for inviting me. They're all so great people.", Sav said, while she got ready for bed in the guest bathroom, and I changed into tights and a t-shirt. 

"I'm glad you all get along, makes things so much easier." 

"Yeah, but you'll still sneak away with Ashton every time we all meet up. You're both like that.", she mentioned, and I knew she was right. We got into the queen size bed and turned off the light, both turning to one side.

1 hour later and I was still lying awake, not tired at all. I decided to get up and go downstairs to get some water at least. Maybe I could watch the stars and get tired while doing so. I opened the cabinet, got a glass, and filled it with water at the sink, slightly jumping when I heard something behind me. 

"Sorry, I didn't want to scare you.", Ashton whispered, and I couldn't help but smile at the coincidence of seeing him out of all people in the middle of the night. 

"Couldn't sleep as well?" 

"Not really. I have those phases where I fall asleep badly.", I replied, and we walked over to the living room, him opening the door that led to the backyard and let me walk outside first. 

"Same, I've always thought it may have to do something with the moon phases but it's always at different times, so that doesn't really fit. But at least I have someone to stay awake with now.", he replied, and we both sat down outside. There weren't too many stars visible, but I loved that it always became more the longer you looked up. I shivered, still only wearing my shirt because I hadn't intended to go outside. 

Ashton noticed, and scooted closer, putting an arm around me, and pulling me into his side to keep me at least a bit warmer. I felt his body heat radiate from him and eventually just cuddled into him, not caring anymore. Friends do things like that as well. He's just trying to keep me warm, that's all. I focused back on the stars, thinking that watching the stars might become our thing.

I yawned, resting my head back on his chest, and feeling the vibrations when he chuckled. 

"You tired?", he whispered, and I shook my head, trying to suppress another yawn and keep my eyes open. 

"Come on, we can stay on the couch, and watch a movie until you fall asleep.", he added quietly, and I nodded, still not wanting to miss his warmth. He pulled me up with him and we went back inside. He placed the pillows so we could lay down comfortably and turned on the tv quietly. He took the blanket, laying down, and pulled me with him, making me lay down next to him with my head on his chest, his arm around my waist, and the blanket covering both of us. He hummed along quietly when the theme of friends came on and I don't remember much after that. I have never fell asleep quicker than I did laying there with him, singing to me.

"If you don't want everyone second-guessing your friendship you should get up and pretend you've already been awake.", a quiet voice said, but I kept my eyes closed, not wanting to get up from this comfortable position. 

"I know, but Sav knows she wasn't there, and I don't want to wake her, she sleeps just as bad as I do and I've finally slept through the night.", another voice, which I deciphered as Ashton's, replied. The first voice sighed, and it seemed like he left. I fluttered my eyes open, turning my head to look at Ashton. 

"G'morning." 

"G'Day. Did you sleep well?" 

"I did, but we should get up, Luke was right.", I whispered, knowing it was better this way, but still not wanting to leave his side. 

"I know he was, but I don't want to get up just yet.", he replied, and pulled me closer into him again. What are we doing...

We eventually got up, when I heard hustling upstairs, and went into the kitchen to go make some coffee. I knew I had to talk to Sav about this later, but I wanted to, as well. I needed someone to tell me that this is also what friends do. That this is normal, just something I wasn't used to.  

While we were making coffee, one after the other piled into the kitchen, wishing us a good morning and taking their cups. Sav shot me a knowing look and I dodged it, going to the other side of the room, standing next to Luke. Michael and Calum soon left, saying they had important things to do. I don't know what Calum is up to, but I know Michael only wants to go back to his computer, playing some video game. Sav left to, telling me to call her as soon as I got home, and I nodded, telling her, I would. This left Luke, Ashton, and me, standing in the kitchen with our coffee cups. 

"I still haven't showed you all the pictures I took at rehearsals, have I?", I asked, and they shook their heads, so I went to my bag and got my computer, turning it on while walking back to them. We sat down at the kitchen isle, and I started showing them the edited and final pictures. It still were around 150 even though I sorted them out already.

"Oh, I like that one a lot.", Luke exclaimed, making me stop. Luke was standing there with his favorite acoustic guitar, the Gibson, eyes almost closed, a half-smile playing around his lips, dimples already visible. The focus was on him, in the background, blurry, were Michael, Calum and Ashton. 

"I like it too.", I agreed, and Luke took his phone out, posting a story of us sitting there, the computer in front of us. 

"You should focus on the screen, that way, they'll see the picture, but us blurry.", I suggested. We kept looking through the pictures, deciding on a few which the boys or myself could post. It made me really happy that they liked them as much. While editing I've fallen in love with some of them too. I even made one of all of them getting lost in the music my wallpaper, which both of them laughed at later, when they saw it after I closed Lightroom. 

"Even though I love spending the day with you, we should get going.", I said, and looked at Ashton questioningly. He nodded and agreed, and soon after we were back in his car. While hugging goodbye, Luke whispered to call him as well, and I knew he wanted to talk about Ash, because that's all we ever seemed to do...not that I was complaining. 

We arrived back at my appartement, and I hugged Ash goodbye, maybe lingering on a little longer, still remembering the feeling of warmth and comfort I felt wrapped in his arms.