41"

Hazel's P.O.V.

I looked over at my phone that had just signaled I had a new message and laid on the coffee table while I was sitting behind the drums. Ashton wasn't at home; however, he had made clear that I could always go practice my drumming, and here I was. I spent a long time searching for tutorials on YouTube until I found drumeo's free lessons and finally got started. 

I knew I never wanted to become truly good at it, but being a drummer's girlfriend, I thought it wouldn't be the worst idea, to get the basics down. But half an hour in, the ringing of my phone seemed oddly important, also because I didn't make any progress at all. Sighing, I got up and left the drums behind, taking my phone with me upstairs. Let's face the truth, drumming just wasn't for me.

Arriving upstairs, I read the message from Luke, telling me he'd be over here soon. I didn't know he had this planned, but maybe it was spontaneous anyway. I knew he'd want to know about the talk with my mother, even though I'm sure Ashton had told him all of it. Still, I enjoyed Luke's presence, we got along great, and I loved talking to him. A few minutes later the doorbell rang, and I walked over, letting Luke inside. 

"Lukey, what's up, why are you here and not out with the boys?", I asked, while we walked over to the piano, instead of downstairs. 

"They're writing alone today, I wanted to talk to you, and maybe we can write some lyrics too. I've actually got a melody stuck in my head, maybe you can come up with something.", he replied, sitting down, and motioning for me to sit down next to him. 

"Yeah, show me that melody, no promises though.", I answered laughing. I've started writing some lyrics with them after their last tour, and I gotta say I've gotten better at coming up with them. Even though I never could help out with melodies, but I'd like to think I had a way with words that helped sometimes. 

"But first, tell me about Ashton as your knight in shining armor.", he said, smirking, but I just shook my head, smiling at the memory of Ashton saying these things about me. 

"He told you already, I know he did." 

"He didn't tell me the details.", he quickly replied, and I considered telling him all of it, because I still had Ashton's words imprinted in my mind. I decided to keep that moment to myself though and settled with: "He said some beautiful things that I won't forget anytime soon.". Luke just smiled, and I knew he understood. If anyone would've understood, I knew it was him. 

"I'm glad you're alright though, I don't like seeing you sad.", he admitted, his fingers gently touching the keys in front of him, pressing down on the C. 

"I'm sorry, also that I went to you when I should've gone to Ashton. He should be the one I rely on, and I realized too late that he is. I should've never doubted him.", I explained, still feeling so bad about it, even though Ashton insisted that he understood. 

"Hazel it's fine, trust me. I'm glad to help, you're my friend as well. And I know Ashton isn't mad or anything, he's far more understanding than you could ever imagine. Sometimes too much for his own good, but he loves you a lot, and whatever fear you had of his reaction, trust me, it wasn't necessary.", he assured, and I knew he was right, so I just nodded, and encouraged him to show me the melody he had been working on. 

We kept playing around with lyrics for a while, trying to come up with something, but my mind seemed blank. Sometimes that just happened, and I haven't found a real solution yet, but before we could dwell on it too long, the door opened, and Ashton walked into the house, greeting both of us, pecking my lips shortly, to which Luke only whined.