34"

If you asked me to describe the past hours, I would say: it felt like burning in hell. I had absolutely no ounce of talent for surfing, which surprised me, because I usually pick up quickly on watersports. I was in the water more than on the board and at one point I got so frustrated, I actually yelled at Ashton. He had looked a bit scared as he had never seen me angry before. However, he had let me try a few more times, not saying anything, only holding the board and assisting me when I had to get back on it and eventually, I just grew tired of trying and told him I would wait at the beach, so they could all actually surf. 

He had pulled me close, not letting me leave without a short kiss, which lifted my mood immediately and made me regret snapping at him. I had sat down close to the shore and watched them fall down and get back up, actually surfing, and I honestly didn't see myself doing that again anytime soon. But I took some pictures of them, or tried to, as I only had my phone with me. I did record some videos to post on my Instagram stories later, the scenery just was too beautiful.

As the sun was slowly setting, we all gathered around a small fire someone had started, which I didn't even know was allowed, but I didn't care as it made everything even more perfect. Forgotten were my failed attempts of surfing and the anger I had felt, mostly at myself. I cuddled up into Ashton's side and Andrew started playing a beautiful picking pattern on guitar, that he had gotten from his car, making me think they've done this a few times already. 

Ashton hummed along and I felt his chest vibrate, enjoying the random lyrics he was creating. Sitting there on the beach like this made it feel like I was in a movie, and it took everything in me to resist the urge to take videos and pictures all the time. I wanted to enjoy this moment to the fullest, and something told me, this wouldn't be the last time, even though I'd skip the surfing in the future. Andrew kept playing, Ashton kept singing and I just kept thinking over and over again, if this was real life or a dream I had yet to wake up from.

It was already pitch-black outside and way past 10pm when we arrived back at his house and I knew I had another short night to look forward to, because I definitely had to go the store tomorrow as I had to prepare everything for the evening. So, when we walked inside, I wasted no time getting ready for bed and before I knew it, we were both lying in bed, and I was already half asleep.

I spent the morning and early afternoon trying to make everything as close to perfection as possible. I wanted people to get the best impression of our store and I wanted the artists to feel valued. I could tell my uncle didn't deem it necessary to go all out, to him music was enough, but I knew people expected the whole package. Sav had called earlier, telling me she would get to the store in about an hour and Calum would just arrive with Ashton as soon as the evening officially started. I looked over at the clock and saw that Sav would be here any minute and I was glad about that. I needed someone to stop me from checking everything for the fifth time. Just as I thought that I heard the door open and saw Sav walking in. 

"Hey, you haven't pulled all of your hair out yet, better than expected.", she greeted, and I stuck my tongue out at her, not in the mood for jokes even though she was partly right. 

"Ashton told Calum to tell me that I should tell you that you need to stop trying to make it perfect and it will be an amazing evening because you did everything you could. And I agree with him.", she added, and smiled slightly, just hearing that Ashton had thought of me and told her to deliver this message made my heart beat a bit faster. I nodded and decided I would really stop with the preparations now and just let it be.

An hour later people started occupying the store and I felt myself relax for the first time today, when I overheard them saying how cool everything looked. However, I didn't relax fully until I saw Ashton and Calum walk through the door. He looked around shortly until he found my eyes and smiled, mirroring my expression. They made their way over to us and I ignored Calum's and Sav's comments about how whipped we both were, when I finally felt his arms wrap around me, making me realize how much I had missed him throughout this stressful day. 

"Everything alright?", he whispered in my ear, keeping his arm around my waist. I turned to smile at him. "Now it is.", I replied, and the smile on his face was one of my favorites.

Listening to these new undiscovered artists giving their all on stage as if they were performing for thousands of people instead of 20 was an amazing experience and I was a bit proud of myself that I put this together and gave them the chance. I could tell Ashton and Calum were impressed as well, when I saw them capturing some of the artists, posting stories to Instagram, but making sure to not say where they were. I knew that it was still risky because chances are one of the fans who had been here recognize the store, but I couldn't find it in me to care in this moment. 

I was happy to be experiencing this moment with my best friends, because that's what they have become. I couldn't imagine life without them and even though I still had a few things to do that I didn't look forward to, I also thought of the moment this morning, when Ashton told me they would start working on a new album, which meant a new tour eventually. He didn't say it, but I knew he wanted me to join them again, as a photographer or his girlfriend, he probably didn't care. And while we were standing there, arms around each other, listening to a singer-songwriter strum away on his guitar and sing his heart out, it felt like I could even take on talking to my mother and swallow every bad thing she'd have to say, just because of the happiness I felt.