two: stay

Soobin's POV:

"D-Do you think we cleaned well enough?" Yeonjun asked.

I turned to him, feeling the anxiety coming off him, "Yeah... Junie, our house looks great."

"A-Are you sure? Ugh... I knew I should've gotten flowers for the dining table... A-And what about—"

"Yeonjun..." I said softly, cutting him off as I moved closer to him. I gently held his hands, "It looks perfect, I promise... We're gonna pass the inspection."

Yeonjun took a deep breath before saying, "S-Sorry... I'm just nervous."

"Hey... It's ok..." I said before leaning forward, giving him a chaste kiss, "We're gonna be fine—"

I was cut off when the doorbell rang. I gave Yeonjun one last kiss before saying, "I love you..." And walking towards the door. I opened it, seeing Felix and another man standing next to him. I gave them both a smile, "Hey... Please, come in."

I moved away from the door and opened it wider so they could both come in. Felix shook my hand and bowed, "Nice to see you again."

I bowed back and reached my hand out to the other man, both of us bowing as he shook my hand, "Woah... Lix, you're right. They're super tall..." We all giggled at his comment, "I'm Changbin... I'm gonna be doing the inspection."

I looked at his outfit, his work boots and paint-stained pants now making sense to me, "Choi Soobin... Nice to meet you."

He scrunched his eyebrows, "Have we met before? You look really familiar."

I scrunched my eyebrows too, "Umm... I don't think so."

He pondered for a moment, "Sorry... You must just be reminding me of someone."

I lightly chuckled, "No worries."

He walked over to Yeonjun and introduced himself again. I don't think I realized how nervous I was until now, when the inspector and Felix were both here at our house. I really hope we pass. Gosh, all Junie and I want is be parents and make Jochan the happiest little boy in the world.

Yeonjun and Felix were already chatting away, so Changbin came over to me, "I just have a few questions before I start with the inspection."

I nodded, "Yeah, no problem."

"Ok, so my report says your house is twenty-one hundred square feet. Is that correct?"

"Yeah."

"How many rooms are on the first and second floor?"

"The kitchen and living room are both this main room here and then there's an office and a bathroom down that hallway. And then the second floor has three bedrooms and two bathrooms."

Changbin was writing all the information down on his clipboard for a moment before asking, "No basement?"

I shook my head, "Nope, just an attic."

He kept writing as he asked, "And do you have access to the attic?"

"Yeah... But we just use if for storage."

He finished writing and looked up at me with a little smile, "Can I see that first please?"

"Yeah, of course." I said before leading him up the stairs.

We were halfway up before Felix stopped us, "Bin? You starting?"

He nodded. I smiled since I thought Yeonjun was talking to me at first, "Soobin-ssi's showing me the attic first."