seven: cookies

Yeonjun's POV:

I was a little surprised when Jochan hadn't woken up yet. He usually wakes up on his own right after I do and then rushes to come find me since he wants breakfast, but he hasn't. Soob was still in bed, but he should be waking up soon for work. He leaves a little later than us since he has a regular nine-to-five job, but Channie and I have to wake up earlier for school. And Soob wakes up earlier so he can eat breakfast with us, which is honestly the cutest thing ever. It makes me realize that he was telling the truth about what he said. I remember how he wished he could eat breakfast with us every morning, and now he does without a second thought.

I smiled at him sleeping, and then quietly walked out of our room. I went to Channie's room, knocking on the door as I said, "Jochan? Bud, it's time to wake up..." I didn't hear a reply back, so I got worried and opened the door. The light was still off, so I flipped it on. He was still in bed, but I scrunched my eyebrows when I noticed he was shivering. I rushed over to him as I asked, "Hey, what's wrong?"

I knelt down so I could see him, and his face was pale. He slowly opened his eyes as I rubbed his shoulder, hearing him quietly say, "I-I'm cold."

I quickly reached up and placed my palm on his forehead, "You're burning up..." I took my hand away as I asked, "What else? Does anything hurt?"

"My t-tummy hurts..." He said, breaking my heart, "I-I don't feel good."

"Ok, it's alright..." I whispered, not wanting him to freak out, "I'm gonna go get you some water and we'll figure it out, ok?"

Jochan nodded against the pillow, and I quickly stood up and walked out of his room. I went straight to our room, seeing Soobin still in the same position on the bed with his eyes closed. I hurried to climb onto the bed and rub his chest while shaking his arm, "Soob, wake up."

He groaned, squinting as he slightly opened his eyes. It took him a second to realize I had woken him up harsher than normal, "D-Did I sleep in too late?" He asked, his voice raspy from just waking up.

"No, Channie's sick. H-He can't go to school." I replied, standing up from the bed.

Soobin scrunched his eyebrows and sat up, bringing his hands up to rub his face, "O-Ok umm... Did you take his temperature?"

I shook my head as he took his hands away from his face, able to open his eyes all the way, "Not yet, but if you touch his forehead, he's burning up. A-And he's shaking, and he said he was cold."

Soobin pulled the covers off him and stood up, "Ok, don't panic. I know what you're thinking..." He calmly said, I think because he could hear the worry in my voice, "I'll call the school and tell them he's sick, and then I'll call the doctor's office and make an appointment. I'll stay home with him."

I pouted, "Bin, I can stay home—"

"You have students to worry about..." He replied, cutting me off, "I'll stay home, ok?"

I huffed and eventually complied with what he said, "O-Ok... I'll go take his temperature." I replied, and Soobin nodded in response while reaching for his phone and unplugging it from the charger.

I walked out of our room and rushed down the stairs to fill his sippy cup up with water. I ran back up the stairs after that, going into our medicine cabinet to grab the thermometer. I could hear Soobin on the phone with the school as I hurried back into Jochan's room, still in the same spot on the bed as before. I walked over to him, placing his water down on the table next to his bed, "Hey, Channie..." I softly said, trying to be as comforting as possible. His eyes looked so heavy, and it broke my heart, "I need to take your temperature, ok?"