nine: crashing down

Yeonjun's POV:

"Ok, so what are the witches saying will happen when they talk to Macbeth?..." I asked, waiting for a few seconds, but nobody raised their hand. I sighed, "Guys, I know Shakespeare is annoying to read, and if it was my choice, we would absolutely be reading something else, but it's in the curriculum. I know this makes no sense and it's hard to understand, so I'm not gonna judge you if you get it wrong. That's why we stop and talk about it to make sure everyone's on the same page... pun definitely intended."

Everyone laughed lightly at my joke, and I waited a few more seconds before one of my student's raised her hand. I instantly pointed to her, "Yes, Brianna?"

"Are they saying Macbeth will become king of Scotland?" She shyly asked.

I smiled, "Yes! That's one of the three prophecies that they make! Very good!..." I looked back at everyone else, "What are the other two things that they say?"

Someone in the back was quick to raise their hand, "Yes, Yeri?"

"He'll be thane of Cawdor...?"

"Yes! Awesome! And does anyone know the third prophecy?"

Another student raised their hand in the front, "Yes, Jason?"

"Umm... Banquo's heirs will be king?"

I pursed my lips, holding the book in my hand open with my thumb and placing my other hand on my hip, "You guys knew the answers and weren't raising your hand!..." I whined a bit, making everyone laugh, "Have some more confidence in yourselves, ok? Lemme just write these on the board because going forward, almost every action that Macbeth takes is because of at least one of these three prophecies." I said, walking around my desk to the whiteboard and grabbing one of the markers.

I was in the middle of writing the first one when my phone started ringing. I scrambled to turn it off, but paused for a moment when I saw Soobin on the caller ID. I hesitated and then just decided to turn it off. He must be thinking he could talk to me during lunch since the bell rings in about ten minutes. I looked back at my students and smiled, "Sorry, it was my husband. Knowing him, he's probably just excited about some new bakery or something." I said, knowing he was going out to lunch with Tae.

A few people laughed, and then I turned around to continue writing on the board. As soon as I put the marker to the whiteboard, my phone started going off again. I scrunched my eyebrows, turning my head to see Soobin calling me again. It made me fear the worst for a moment, knowing he wouldn't call twice in a row unless he really needed to talk to me. I pursed my lips, putting the marker and the book down on my desk before picking up the phone, "Hey, I'm in a class. Can I call you in like ten minutes?"

He was quiet for a few seconds, just hearing him breathe before he said, "I-I just wanted to hear your voice."

I furrowed my eyebrows more from what he said, and he didn't sound like he was ok. I put my finger up to my students, telling them to wait as I went out into the hallway, "Soob, what do you mean? Did something happen?"

"S-Someone ran a red-light a-and hit me really hard."

My eyes widened, "You got into a car accident?! Oh my god, are you ok? Did you call an ambulance?!"

"Y-Yeah, I did... E-Everything hurts."

My heart was beating fast, bringing a hand up to slide my fingers through my hair, "O-Ok... Binnie, just keep talking to me, ok? What hurts?..." I asked, going next door to my colleague. I took the microphone away for a moment when I suddenly opened the door. She barely turned her head to me as I quickly said, "C-Can you watch my students for me please?"