Chapter 5: A Country's Interests

Note: This is rose. It will be a while till the next one and there was supposed to be a map included with this release but it isn't ready yet so it will be updated once the next release is out! Have a rose ✿

EDIT: Map released!

As of April 25, 2022, this chapter has been revised

・・・

Cent

Cent. Calendar 4th Day of the 5th Month of the Year 1639, Tokyo, Japan, 10:30

Hot on the heels of a monumental, history-changing revelation, the National Diet of Japan has proceeded to do what it did best in times of crisis: do nothing and fight. As the tension in the chamber continued to escalate, the Qua-Toyne delegation could only watch in silence as, despite the language barrier, the shouts of Japan's top lawmakers began to unnerve them.

"Shut up, all of you!"

Catching the attention of everyone in the room was one Masakage, an outspoken conservative of the Liberal Democratic Party, the ruling party of Japan.

"In what seems to be an unprecedented crisis befalling Japan in this age, why do we resist in accepting an opportunity for us to be united? A looming threat over the horizon is precisely the best chance for Japan to show the people that we are united in our response!"

Masakage ended his remark to the tune of other conservatives cheering for him and repeating his remarks. The prospect of Japan uniting together, facing the unknown, was attractive and gained traction within even the moderates and the opposition, especially since most of them have already been afflicted by the crisis brought due to sudden transfer. However, the staunchest of the opposition did not give in, proceeding to instead go against Masakage's call for unity, which they assumed was riddled with hidden intent.

"I disapprove of you using the good intentions behind a call for unity in furthering your outdated thirst for war!"

Standing up and speaking in an equally outspoken voice was Yukino Tadao, leader of the Constitutional Democratic Party, the second biggest political party behind the Liberal Democratic Party and the primary opposition party. Having caught the attention of everyone, Yukino continued.

"Pushing for such a drastic response this early in the new world–Asherah–would leave a bad impression on its natives! We must carry out this response with diplomacy and with as much care as possible! Japan, in this current state, cannot sustain a military response!"

With some reasoning, the idea of a diplomatic solution in lieu of an armed one was convincing. Having been severed so abruptly from Earth, Japan was now in a downward spiral economically, and a sustained military conflict in this state was nothing but suicide. If Japan can avoid such an exhaustive economic drain, wouldn't that be beneficial for all, possibly including the aggressors? They may also be a potential trade partner.