7.who am i

2 months later
I stared into the mirror. Me and hope we're in another empty house but this was better. There was heat and lights which we used rarely. What I looked at disgusted me. I took of my contacts revealing light brown eyes that didn't show no trace of peace. Only fear. Fear of getting caught.

" who am I?!" My thoughts was rushed and the next thing I know I smashed the mirror fist bleeding and in hopes arms like a baby. She tried her best to comfort me and I tried my best to comfort her. She's a I got. I'm all she's got. Ever since her twin brother went missing she never talked. I missed the sound of her voice but who am I to judge. Hope not talking is like me smashing everything.

Hope got up and turned on the tv. " There's still no evidence of what happened to those kids. Their families are very saddened at this time. If anyone has information please call. There only kids. Government officials believe these kids- hope shut the tv off.

I went to the sink and washed the blood off my right hand. It burned. I felt worse. The pain of the heart. A wound that would never be healed. I looked up to see hope watching me.

" what are we doing hope. Two kids on the run. A girl that doesn't talk and a boy with anger problems. Not much of a team there."

She opened her mouth like she was gonna say something. My heart raced. Then she shook her head and walked away.

Later that day I went out to get us some food. I'm not proud of what I do but I have to. I went up to a house and checked the windows. Unlocked. It was pitched black and that means two things. Everyone is sleep and I better be extremely careful. I slipped in and to my surprise landed in the kitchen.

"Yes I'm coming now." I heard footsteps coming towards me and the lights turned on. I hid underneath a table.

" Niko my parents are sleep relax baby I'm coming." There was a thud and keys dropped right in front of me.

The next thing I know I was carrying a knocked out girl in my arms. I know it's not right to hit a girl then kidnap her but she would've told.

I knocked in a pattern and the door opened. Hope gasped and pointed.

Hopes p.o.v
That's not food. This means more trouble. More running. I better get used to it because it's my life. If you call this living.

I walked over to were jake placed the girl. She was interesting. Red hair. I'm assuming blue eyes. Her stomach rised and fell with every breath she took. So innocent. I pitied her. Her life was over all because our stupid actions.

Most people wonder why I don't talk. The answer is simple. The answer is because I simply choose not to be apart of this "life." Jake sat next to her on the couch. His question ringing in my head. " what are we doing hope?"I knew I had to do this. My first words in months.

"We're surviving."