Chapter 8.

"I need to look presentable, okay? Not like a club singer who is desperate for someone to take her to a bedroom!" Melek was yelling at asu out of frustration and nervousness

Asu rolled her eyes "Tamam then wear this ." She holded out the outfit and Melek agreed.

Asu went to work after her classes and Melek went to meet Cihan Karaçay.

Cihan was sitting in the coffee restaurant waiting for the painter. He truly liked the piece and wanted to meet its creator.

Melek walked in and asked the waitress to show her Mr. Karaçay's table.

"Merhaba, I'm Melek." Melek shyly said trying not to sound so nervous.
"Hello there, my name is Cihan Karaçay." The man replied while standing up to shake her hand. He motioned for her to sit down across from him. Melek was nervous because the man looked intimidating, and he scared her. He had a frowny face.
"So Melek, how was your day?" He asked making a small talk with the obviously nervous girl.
"It was good, I want to say, that I'm very grateful for what you did for my schools charity, it means so much to all of us."  She said sincerely.
"It was no problem , because I got something that's worth all the money I payed. You are very talented Melek. "
"Thank you so much."  She smiled.
"The reason I wanted to meet you here, is that I wanted to get to know the author if such an interesting painting. Tell me Melek, what brought you to create this painting ? What was your inspiration ?"  He asked her showing he is truly interested.

"I was trying to express my feelings."  She replied without hesitation.

"What feelings ? How do you feel about ?"

" well, the painting is... sorry.... I um... when I look at it, I see someone who is trying to hide from the world around them, who suffers anxiety of what people will say about them, that they are not enough. And so all they can do is hide. Trying to drown in water because the people, the world, very bad world, that we live in is killing them. " Melek explained her feelings, she felt happy when she could talk openly about art. It really was her passion. "I see water and ocean as a sign of peace, and so my painting is showing that a person is hiding under water from all the bad that is happening in their lives." She concluded. All her nervousness gone while she talked.

"Interesting explanation. " he smiled. "My opinion is quite same."

They continued their conversation a bit longer. He asked about her job and life.

"Melek, I have a little party, to show of the newest piece  of my collection. You painting. I would want to invite you. "  he said smiling. He had an interesting suspicion about the girl, with this he could find an answer.
"Oh, uh, yes of course  I would love to come thank you."  She politely said. She didn't want to turn the man down after he's been so kind to her.
"Very well, you can bring a friend or a boyfriend whoever you want. And get ready people will ask you questions I'm sure everyone will be mesmerized by your work." He smiled at her.

With that they said goodbyes and Melek headed to work.

Asu was called to Mert's bey office.
"Come in" she heard her boss say when she knocked. She walked in to see the man from yesterday again.
"You wanted to see me Mert bey?"
"Yes, come sit down." He said smirking slightly. His friend, Serkan, told him found a liking to the girl.
"Hello." Serkan said.
"Hello." She said smiling politely even tho she felt quit nervous because she didn't know why she was called.
"Asu, my friend here will be having a business meeting in our hotel, and he wanted to know if you can help him with arrangements." Mert asked straight to the point.
"Arrangements ? What kind?" Asu asked not knowing why she would do something like that, it wasn't her thing after all.
"Serkan" Mert motioned for him to explain.
"I want you to help me with making a sitting plan, and that kind of stuff, now I know it's not your position to do so, but I would really be grateful if you helped me. Also Mert here told me you study law?" He explained and asked.
"Yes I do."
"Great. I wanted to know if you could go through a contract with me. My lawyer is out of town and I couldn't get anyone to come so quick. Is that okay with you?"  He asked her. It's not like he couldn't get anyone, he just wanted to spend time with her and this was a good way to do just that.
"I um... I'm just in my first year. I'm sorry but I don't think I would be able to help with something this big yet." She said not  trusting  herself enough.
"Don't worry, it's nothing to complicated, I'm sure you will be able to help." He smiled reassuringly at her .
"Asu I believe in you as well. And I as well would be thankful if you helped my friend. Serkan is my good friend from university." Mert tried to persuade her. She didn't really wanted to but she didn't want to sound like someone who is scared of things. Also she didn't want to turn her boss down after he did so much for her and Melek, helped them to balance school and work.
"Uh... sure . It would be my pleasure to help." She smiled.

ꨄꨄꨄ

"So you will be helping him with contract?" Melek asked one more time, after Asu was done at her boss's office she went down and met Melek. Melek told her about her meeting with Cihan and Asu explained what they needed from her.
"Evet. I don't know why me but I didn't want to make Mert bey look awkward in front of his friend so I said yes. The meeting is tomorrow afternoon and he will come in the morning to go through the contract." Asu concluded.
"Wow. Well good luck."  They were at lunch in the hotel kitchen where, Nihat, their grandmothers friend worked as a  chef. 
"Sweethearts is everything alright?" He asked then sweetly.
"Evet everything is alright Nihat abicim" Melek smiled at him. (Uncle Nihat )
"Yes everything is okay. And you how are you and your wife? Daughter ?" Asu asked sweetly.
"All good hamdallah." He smiled at them.

They ate their lunch and went back to work.

Time went quickly by. Nothing interesting happened anymore. When they were done they went home watched a movie ordered  kebab. And went to sleep.

———————

So it's like nothing happening yet, but just hold on it's coming.

Also this is the painting Melek painted and talked about.

I just found it on google it's not mine

Tell me what you think when you look at it. Bye 😘