Chapter 9.

When Melek and Asu got to work Serkan was already waiting at the reception for Asu

When Melek and Asu got to work Serkan was already waiting at the reception for Asu. Impatient much? Asu thought.

" günaydın Serkan bey." Asu smiled trying to look extremely energetic even tho she was tired.

Melek also greeted him and went to change. 

" günaydın Asu. So can we start?" He asked her with a smile.
"Sure."

They went to the conference room that the hotel  had.

They went through all the papers together and Asu was surprised when she was able to understand all that was in the contract.

"Are you sure you want to sign it? Because they are asking you to sell them the land, under price. If you want to sell them it you have to ask for a higher price so you can benefit from it." Asu explained to Serkan after she finished reading the entire contract.

"So you say that I shouldn't sell it to them?" He asked her.

"No I'm saying that you have to increase the price. If they don't agree then you tell them you will rather keep it. Because honestly anyone will give you the right price for it it's a very good location for this types of work." She concluded. But the thing is Asu didn't noticed who Serkan is having the meeting with.

Serkan hummed and they went through it and talked of how he can get them to give him what he wanted.

In that the room door opened. Asu looked up and froze on her spot.
"Merhaba." Said Ozan while walking to them. He was the one Serkan was selling the land to. Well his father.
"Hello Ozan." Serkan greeted standing up to shake his hand.
"Aren't you gonna greet me?" Ozan smirked at Asu who gave him a hard glare. "Selam Ozan bey." She gritted though clenched teeth. He nodded his head at her.

More people came inside them room, Cihan Karaçay as well.

"I'm gonna get back to the reception Serkan bey" Asu quietly told Serkan.
"Please stay with me. I'm gonna need your service a bit more." He pleased her. And she hesitantly nodded her head. "Tamam"

They sat down  around the table Asu sitting beside Serkan and Ozan opposite them.

——

Melek was in the kitchen eating her lunch when Mert bey came in.

"Merhaba Melek " he greeted her.
She greeted back and he sat opposite her.
"Nihat abim can you bring me tea please." He asked politely the old man.
He brought him the tea and he focused his gaze on Melek.

"I want to ask you something." He said looking serious.
"Mhm?" She hummed.
"Would you want to come to dinner with me?" He blurted out. She choked on the water she was currently drinking.
"Pardon?" She managed to ask.
"Dinner. Will go to dinner with me?" He asked again.
"You? Me? Dinner?" She looked so confused it amused him.
"Evet Melek that's what I asked ."
"Why?"
"I fancy you."
"Fancy me?" She started laughing. He looked at her confused as to why she's laughing.
"Mert bey. Stop making fun of me please." She tried to compose her laughter.
"I'm not making fun of you. I want to take you to dinner." He stated.

"Well I'm sorry but I have a lot of work to do right now. So have a good day Mert bey." She blurted and almost ran out of the kitchen.

Mert stayed there shaking his head amused. He liked her and she was very pretty. He thought they could become closed and he could get to know them. It didn't have to be serious right away. He hoped he could persuade her to go out with him.

————

Asu and Serkan were walking out of the conference room.
"I don't even know to thank you Asu. You helped me a lot today. And most likely saved my company." He was genuinely thankful.

"It was not a problem. It was nice to play a real lawyer for a bit." She chuckled.

They were walking when Ozan came to them.
"Serkan. I really thin you made a huge mistake by not selling us the land. It would be beneficial for you." He stated.

"I don't think so Ozan. Asu here said that I would not benefit from this at all. And I trust her judgement. " Serkan told him feeling proud of his and Asu's work.

"Asu? Hm. Very nice and Asu you are what specialized for?" Ozan looked amused at her and she glared him.

"Law. I study law." She replied not trying to hide her annoyance.

"Hmm. study? Serkan you put your entire trust and your company into the hands of a student?"

"Yes and I did the right thing with that. I'm sorry but I have to go now. See you later Asu." He turned to her and smirked at her.
" görüşürüz Serkan bey." (See you later)

"Serkan bey." Ozan mocked her in a high pitched tone.
"I do not talk like that"
"If you say so" he shrugged.

"Since when are you not a receptionist and you are a lawyer ? Better yet Serkan's lawyer." He looked amused at her.

"If you are trying to look down upon me for being a receptionist don't waste your time. I'm proud of who I am and what I do." She glared at him.

"I never said anything like that." He rolled his eyes at her.

"What did you say then?"

"Nothing" he glared at her. He was fond of her but she really could be annoying.

"Hmmm..anyway I have things to do I don't have time to waste my time with you here." She said annoyed.

"Yes sure go call Serkan bey maybe he has more things for you to do and ruin"

She turned back to look at him. "Ruin?" She looked in disbelief at him "what exactly did I ruin?"

"My chance to get that land for my workers. I needed to make a flat house for the workers because it's close to the work place they work till night at. And you and Serkan ruined that now. So they don't have where to sleep now thanks to you." He told her what he had on his heart. Truly couldn't she just mind her business.

She looked at him hesitantly with guilt. " I didn't know that. I just wanted to help Serkan to not make a financial mistake." She now said calmly and quietly.

"Well that's late for you to realize. And plus he would get a contract with us for future plans which he won't and you can tell him how. We are done with his company. Now if you will excuse me." He said and left. He just wanted to give her taste of her own medicine. She was always the one to leave him standing.

————-

Now at home Asu and Melek were telling each other about their days.
"Yah and now I feel guilty for it." Asu said looking sad about what she did.
"Well let me entertain you with what happened to me that will make your mood up." Melek said trying to make her friend not think about it.

"Well Mert bey asked me out on dinner." Melek told her cousin.
"What!?" Asu eyes went wide.
"Yes. I don't think he was serious tho."
"Of course he was serious. I hoped you said yes."

"No I said no that I have work to do."

Asu groaned and started lecturing her cousin about why she did that.

They talked a bit more about it and Asu persuaded Melek to when Mert bey ask her again she will agree. It took Asu two hours and a lot of screaming yelling and swearing to not talk to her for a whole month.