Chapter 10 - Father and the Fool

Gulping, I grabbed it and went to the specified room. I felt hopeful when I realised that I didn't know the password, but even that hope dissipated when a boy handed me a scroll, laughing.

"Toffee apple." I said to the gargoyle. Really?

After knocking on the door, and being told to enter, I was met with the cold grey eyes of my father.

In his hand was Elppa.

"Explain."

I shook my head.
"You- you already- who told you?"

"You mean this is actually true? I didn't believe Parkinson, but it adds up now. I'm disappointed."

"Indeed, Mr Malfoy, so am I."

"No one cares Dumby." I sneered at the old man.

"That's where your wrong. For once - it would seem - both the crackpot and I agree on something. The apple must go."

"What? But you're Dumbledore! You're all for love!"

"Love? I thought this was just some stupid crush - I doubted it was even true!" Father exclaimed.

"I will offer no excuses. I love Elppa with all my heart. Disown me if you will, it will stop nothing."

"It is worse than that, Mr Malfoy."

"What do you mean?"

"Rule 394, section 42 of the Hogwarts code. "If any student has a crush or falls in love with an item of anything that is classed as grown produce, the aforementioned grown produce must be destroyed, so as to not distract the said student.""

"That's made up! And since when did Hogwarts have rules?"

"Since its beginning."

"We must abide the rules. The apple must be destroyed." The old man said, a mad light in his horrible blue eyes that were as plain as a blank piece of paper.

I felt my heart skip a beat.