The Visitor

It's Sunday, four days since the eventful basketball game. I avoid Finn and never reply to his messages and calls. He asked me to watch their game yesterday to assure me that he's not blaming me but I was scared to be a distraction.

I jump from the sofa when the doorbell rings, pause the TV and place the plate of mixed fruits on the coffee table.

I lazily walk to open the door thinking it's just...

A lady asking for donations
A kid selling a popsicle
Gangs who have nothing to do but disturb the residents

"Hi! Ice cream delivery!" The guy in gray sweatpants and hoodie with fire in his eyes and charming smile, raises his hand to show me an insulated bag from Hill's Batch Ice Cream. "Can I come in?"

Or
None of the above

I step aside to allow Finn to come in and he doesn't waste any second. Just like last time, his presence puts butterflies in my stomach. He stops to look around, taking in the coral and white palette of our living room. "So feminine."

"Have a seat," I say as I sit on the white sofa. I don't need to ask him why he's here. It's obvious, isn't it?

He places the insulated bag on the coffee table and sits beside me.

"Finn, I'm sorry. I... Am I overreacting?"

He chuckles and holds my hand, making me stare at his handsome face, electrified.

"Shh! For the record, it wasn't your fault so stop the guilt." The hazel orbs stare at me, making me squirm in my seat. I want to say more but he beats me. "Come on, this is for you." He reaches for the bag and takes out the waffle cone with rose-shaped ice cream — pistachio on the bottom and strawberry-flavor on top.

"Wow! I didn't know your shop was selling that."

"You're right. Mama made it and she said she will include it in the menu soon. Eat this before it melts."

"Thank you!" I lick and as usual the nutty, creamy and fruity taste makes me moan.

He smirks and his gaze falls on my lips. "Will you slap me if I kiss you?"

I choke on the ice cream and cough. Does he really need to ask? Didn't it happen in an electrifying moment and as if a magnetic force pulls you closer together until your lips meet? I have been kissed before by a football player I was crushing on in a spur of the moment after his team won the game. It wasn't romantic and magical at all. Is it romantic this time? No, but my heart is beating so fast and I clench my thighs discreetly.

"W-why will you kiss me?" Oh my God. I just didn't ask that.

His eyes never leave my lips as he rubs the ice cream smear in my lips using his thumb and licks it. Shit! I want to pounce on him now and bite his heavy bottom lip.

"Because I like to taste those lips since the day something stands in attention when you lick our ice cream."

The tension between us grows thicker in a matter of seconds. His eyes are piercing my body with fire making the butterflies in my tummy go crazy.

"Fuck! I have to go or I might do something bad." He stands but I catch his wrist.

"Kiss me Fi—"

And he slams his lips to mine like a hungry hyena and devours me like he hadn't eaten for months. He breaks the kiss but before I could breathe, his tongue licks my bottom lip, making me gasp and he takes the opportunity to swiftly shove his tongue and meet my own.

My hands are everywhere — on his hair, back, shirt, on the sofa — but my body knows where his hands are, leaving flames and burning my skin.

We are so lost in the lip-lock euphoria when Lara Jean's voice echoes in the room, startling us. Only then, I realize I press the remote which is lying on the sofa.

What a cockblock.

Finn stares at me with so much affection mixed with lust and I am pretty sure, my eyes mirror the same. He wipes my swollen lips using his thumb and I copy him.

"It was even better than what I had imagined," he smirks.

"Really? Should I say thank you for the compliment?"

His laughter roars and I am caught under his spell. "So innocent." He pecks my nose. "Not thank you. Say you like me too because I like you a lot and I won't let you come to our shop to mend your broken heart."

My eyes widened at his confession. When did he get this much courage to talk to me like this? Do I like him too? Hell, yeah! Only he can make me dumb, his closeness causes my heart to leap out of my chest and there's the urge to jump into him whenever I see him.

"Where will I go if you break my heart?"

"I would never, at least, not intentionally. Wait! What do you mean by that?"

"I like you too Finn," I say shyly and his face lights up and he lifts me bridal style and spins us around.

"Stop! Dizzy!"

He sits on the sofa while my bum is on his lap while I try to calm my nerves.

"I'm so fucking happy that I will give you unlimited ice cream." He peppers my face with light kisses and my giggles fill our living room.

"And turn me into a pig?"

"I don't care even if you become a whale. Ice cream makes you happy so I will give it to you."

I can't help but grin like a Cheshire Cat but he's being too good to be true. "You're only saying it now because I'm neither a pig nor a whale yet. You'll leave me once I look like them."

His face suddenly becomes serious. "Don't put words in my mouth and never underestimate my feelings for you. What if it's the other way around, will you leave me?"

I blink my eyes a couple of times. "Maybe," I tease and his face falls. "Just kidding. Will you spend your Saturday with me?"

"Are you asking me out?"

"Why, you want me to ask someone else?"

"That's not what I mean. I should be the one asking you out."

I slap his arm while laughing. "You talk like a thirty-year old. Girls can initiate a date you know.

He pouts and I kiss his cheek which makes the smile appear on his face.

"Where will we go?"

I look up. "Ah I'll think about it."

"You ask me out without any plan?" He chuckles and raises his eyebrows.

It's my turn to pout. "I still have 5 days to prepare for it."

"Is it okay if we go with my plan?"

"You already have one?"

"Yup."

"What and where?"

"It's a surprise," he smirks.

###
What can you say about this chapter?
Is it too rushed or just expected for a short story?

As I mentioned in the Introduction, Hot Ice Cream started as an entry to YARomance and WattpadESL's 1-2-3 Challenge. Today, I get a good news that my entry makes it to the honorable mention. I am so happy. Even though I didn't, this is my first time entering a challenge or contest so I will be doing a happy dance the entire day.

Next chapter is the last and ending of Hot Ice Cream. If you like this, please vote, comment and/or add it to your private library.

Thank you!

Lovelots,
Alya Lorenz