In Which He's More Than An Outlet

"Jace, what are you doing here?" I take in his appearance and swallow. He is wearing a white long sleeved shirt with light blue necktie, black dressy pants and shiny black leather shoes. Looks older but also hotter. His hair is tied but covered by a black cap. I notice the sunnies in his right hand. Ah, hiding from the students. "You came to the wrong venue. No wedding or formal event is going on here."

He chuckles. "Just finished a gig and read your message. I know you'll be here, letting off steam."

I remember telling this info after the second time I came to him. I didn't fall asleep but we talked about each other, mostly about me, under the sheets.

"I guess you don't need me anymore seeing how you dance like nobody's watching."

"How long have you been watching?" I walk towards the table and put my things back in my bag.

"Long enough to see how hot you are when you're dancing."

I glance up at him, my breath hitches when I catch his hazel eyes, capturing me in a daze for a fleeting second. No, erase erase. I can't do this. I am already ashamed to use him to squeeze the negative emotions out of me and turn them into pleasure. I was taught to respect my body but I am using it to feel better. If my parents know, they will give me lengthy or endless sermons. I return my gaze to my bag instead.

"Why did you come, Jace? What if someone sees you in that outfit? We will be the talk of the school tomorrow."

He walks inside and parks his bum on the edge of the table.

"I don't know. But I can't just ignore that you called and I wasn't available," he says, placing his sunglasses on the table and putting his hands inside his pockets.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into my mess. You don't have to worry about me." But inside, butterflies are making their way into my stomach.

"I am not complaining, Eloise. I'm more than happy to help. Who says no to sex?" He looks at me and smirks, his small dimple on display.

"You make it sound like I am a horndog," I pout and cross my arms over my chest.

His laugh booms at the four corners of the music room.

"Funny to hear it from a girl. Usually it refers to guys. Kidding aside, we are both benefiting from this arrangement." He pokes my bushy eyebrows and pinches my pouty lips. "Dinner?"

"I don't th—"

Suddenly, my stomach growls, cutting my words and causing my cheeks to heat up.

He chuckles, "I'll take that as a yes."

He holds my hand and tugs me towards the door. I pull my hand out of his grasp not because of the warm tingles.

"Someone might see us. Just tell me the place and I'll see you there instead."

"Not happening. Noone will recognize me." He wears his sunnies and I agree with him. The Jace Vanderhart beside me is far from the aloof guy in school who wears a baggy hoodie. He holds my hand again and we walk to his car as fast as my legs can be.

"Wow! Is this your car?" I blink several times when we stop in front of a shiny black BMW. This costs a fortune.

"Do you think it's mine?"

"Oh, I see. You borrow it from someone else."

"Get in before someone notices."

I slide into the passenger seat, his scent is engulfing my nose, causing the butterflies in my tummy to go crazy.

"Where are we going?"

"How about the Japanese restaurant near my place?" he asks, while pulling away from the parking lot.

"Fine with me. It's a short walk to my place anyways."

🧽

"Thanks for the ride and the dinner, Jace," I say while wiping my mouth.

"That's okay."

I watch as he drinks his water and I swallow when his Adam's apple moves up and down.

Sheet! I am becoming a horndog around this guy.

"Let's go? I'll drive you home."

"You don't have to. It's just a 15-minute walk from here."

"But—"

"It's not yet dark. You probably need to return that expensive car as well so just go. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" he asks, opening the door for us to exit the restaurant.

"Yup. See you in school tomorrow. Bye, Jace." I wave my hand before turning back. I've only taken two steps away when he calls me back.

He scratches the back of his neck. "Are you sure you don't need my service, Miss Sponge?" His voice is unsure but with a hint of mischief.

I chuckle. "I'm good, a lot better since you showed up." I walk back towards him and tiptoe to kiss his cheek. "Goodnight."

His right arm snakes into my waist and gives me a peck on the corner of my mouth. My heart melts at his gesture and I have the urge to kiss him senseless. Realization hits me like a bullet train. I like Jace, a lot. He never leaves my mind, the desire to feel his body against mine, the constant fluttery feeling in my stomach and the uneasiness of my heart whenever he's around, I'm falling with Jace Vanderhart and I am in for an inevitable heartbreak.

All these secrets, hiding his true self and our setup, have only one ending — one of us will be hurt and I'm pretty sure it's not him.

"Hey, hey, what are you thinking?"

Jace pulls me back from my daze, causing me to blink several times.

"Nothing."

He lifts my chin and studies my expression. I choke back the tears and focus my gaze on his nose. He releases my waist, the cold breeze replaces his warmth.

"Be careful. See you tomorrow."

"You too." We both smile and walk in the opposite direction.

"Goodbye Jace," I whisper to myself as I squint on the yellow orange sky, making a resolve to end the current setup with him. Sex has a new meaning to me now and it's not to unload the burden I absorb from other people.

###
Did you expect this scene?

Next chapter will be the finale for Miss Sponge. Can you guess what will happen?

If you like this chapter, please hit the star button and let me know your reactions or feedback on the comment section.

Thank you. See you on the next chapter.

:-) Alya :-)