In Which She Claims To Be The Girlfriend

Harrison's bipolar reaction to James' request haunted me for days. He made his way into my life like a bullet train but he's powerless over his friend's inappropriate request. It didn't make any sense, still doesn't.

I usually nailed my photoshoot in one go, but yesterday, Jen pointed out that I wasn't focusing on the job. How could I when I overheard Harrison's female friend asking for a Versace shoes as a gift for her birthday. I know Harrison can afford it but the girl has an obsession with Versace that she has been asking for expensive gifts at every opportunity she has. Harrison even gave her a damn Versace dress when she broke up with her boyfriend.

Dammit. What's wrong with her? What's wrong with Harrison?

So here I am in the library scrolling, I mean stalking his friends on Instagram and Facebook. I have been controlling myself not to pull my hair out of frustration when I saw how his friends abused his beach house and the oh-so-nice guy, named Harrison Visser. A few seconds ago, someone posted on James' newsfeed, asking if his birthday party would be at Harrison's beach house.

My fingers move like they have their own brain. Before I could realise what I did, someone commented.

Unknown guy: Who are you?

Stupid, stupid fingers. I put a comment that Harrison changed his mind and James can't use the beach house anymore. My index finger hover over the delete button. It's none of my business and I don't want to associate myself with these deranged people.

A lightbulb lights up in my head. If Harrison can ruin my desserts, I can do the same to his nice-guy attitude towards his so-called friends. I smirk thinking about my evil plan.

"Payback time, har har har!" I chuckle.

The student in front of me raises her eyebrow like I'm a lunatic. Maybe I am. I wink at her and she shakes her head before turning her attention back to the mathematical equation she's solving. I quickly type before I change my mind.

Me: Dude, you can read my name. Katharina Hayes, Harrison Visser's girlfriend.

Luckily, our parents don't allow us to use our real names on social media and to post any photos that could identify us for safety purposes.

Comments flow like an endless stream that in a span of one minute, the post has now twenty-six comments. Some of them think I'm just an internet troll, liar, a joke, and no one should believe what I said because Harrison has no girlfriend and they don't know anyone with that name. There are two gullible girls though who believe and send a lot of heart emoji.

Oh, I'm loving this game and Harrison doesn't have a girlfriend which makes it even better. No complications. No real girlfriend who will haunt me down. A relief in fact, that my heart rejoices. Harrison has no girlfriend. Single. I have a chance.

Where does it come from? Erase! Erase! Focus, Kira.

Focus!

Harrison has no girlfriend.

I grin like a Cheshire cat while scrolling through the photos in my iPhone, looking for the stolen shot I took when Harrison devoured my lemon tart. I was taking a photo of my desserts but he took that opportunity to grab it before sitting in front of me, uninvited. Thus, instead of lemon tart, it captured Harrison's face.

Thankfully, I didn't delete it. Actually, I will never delete it as proof of his bullying. A bully who looks divine in his cream-colored sweatshirt. His hazel eyes are sparkling with mischief. It doesn't look like a candid photo because he was looking and flashing his white teeth at the camera. Maybe he knew that I was taking a photo. Maybe not. His lack of reaction said so.