elpestories

Hello People.

Welcome to the first non-arewa interview.
Here I have a writer that is very special to me personally simply because she has so much in her but feels her work will never ever be appreciated.

I present to you elpestories , An undiscovered Writer with so much in her. She is the writer of two published Wattpad books : When Hope Grows and Greek pleasures.

🎤Tell me a little about yourself

Hello everyone, I'm Elpida, in my national language (Greek), it means 'Hope' and I originate from Cyprus. I'm 17 years old and this year is my last year at school. I don't like to talk about myself but I will describe myself as dreamy, sensitive, naive, and innocent.

🎤When did you start writing on Wattpad?

I'm not sure when I started writing but I remember uploading the first chapter of my first book "Greek pleasure" on 6th April 2020. I didn't finish that book because the characters aren't exactly fictional. Their life is somehow a real story and for some of the characters' Personal reasons, I couldn't continue writing that story. Maybe I will continue from where I've stopped in a few years. Although I wanted to continue writing so in January 2021, I decided to write a new fictional story where all the events were coming from my chaotic brain.

🎤When did you start reading Wattpad?
I installed Wattpad in November of 2017. As soon as I installed it, I logged in and started reading the book After by Anna Todd because I installed this app to read the specific book and it was the first book I read in English. Since then I've read multiple ebooks. Last year I stopped reading other stories because I started writing my own and apart from the fact that I did not have time, I wanted to focus on my work. This year I am taking a break from Wattpad, due to the reading I have for school.

🎤What inspired you to become a writer?

Reading other books gave me inspiration and faith in myself that I could that I could write a fiction book or even a novel. For example, the first book that I started writing was a novel, because I wanted to write down what I wanted to happen between two people who loved each other but couldn't be together because of the distance when they will meet again. So I could say that those people were the motivation for me to become a new young writer. I will always be thankful for that because writing is and will remain just a hobby for me but I love doing it.

🎤 Do you have any passion writing projects?

Ofcourse, I have a passion for what I'm doing and that's why I'm doing it. I love romance and that's why I write only fictional romantic stories.

🎤What skills make you a strong writer?

As I said before, I don't like talking about myself and I can't describe myself as a strong writer(I know I have low self esteem). It isn't me that will say if I have skills in writing but the people who read my books. However, I believe that the fact that I'm and over-thinker, sentimental, and have fantasy makes it easier for me to create plans in my mind that might never happen. That's how I have inspiration for writing.

🎤How do you overcome writer's block?

At that time where I had more free time to write I often had a temporary failure of writing. Now it's a lasting failure because I have so many other things in my mind that there's no space for inspiration at this moment and even if I have it's not good enough for where I have left my book.

🎤Who is your favorite wattpad writer?

I don't have only one. There are many known and unknown, unfortunately. I don't remember all the authors of all the books that I have read.  imaginator1D   KatGee   bourbonvanilla  @windandaprayer are famous writer's on Wattpad and have written many books and I would love to be like them and have their success.

(Sorry I couldn't find the username for @windandaprayer )

🎤Who is your favorite wattpad reader?

As for my favorite reader, I don't have many readers, and sometimes I am thinking of stopping writing because of that. I feel like nobody appreciates my work and I spend time writing without having someone enjoying it. At first, my friends supported me and still do but they don't like reading books as much as I do. Although via Wattpad I had the opportunity to meet another author who became a reader of the book and now we are friends. She supports me and encourages me to keep writing.  happysuccess Thanks for everything xxx

🎤Chocolate or Vanilla?

When I was younger I used to eat only chocolate. I get bored of it sometimes and eat vanilla. So it depends on the day, I like both of them.

🎤 Describe how the global pandemic; covid 19 has affected you as a writer?

I started thinking of writing during the first lockdown because at that time all I was doing was reading novels. After the 3 months of being locked up in my house, out of nowhere I started writing my first chapter.
So I can say that pandemic benefitted me because I had more free time and I wasn't allowed to go out. Writing and reading became my way of escaping  from the boredom and loneliness I was feeling that period.

🎤What steps do you take to pitch writing ideas?

If I get lucky, I write my ideas down as soon as the inspiration comes. Some other times I keep it on the back of my mind and write it on I have free time.

🎤Explain your proofreading process in detail.

I don't follow a certain pattern. I write random things that I want to happen in each chapter together with the dialogues, the description of emotions, etc.
After I re-read them, I connect them and if the chapter comes out big then I divide it into two. After I feel that I have finished the chapter I check for grammatical errors or things that don't make sense and upload it. There are times that I detect some errors after I upload it, it's natural. Even if I was sad at first for not having that ability to write in good English because English isn't my national language and some of my readers were sending me my grammatical errors. Now that I practiced on it and installed the Grammarly app I believe I am better at it.

🎤What would you do if you noticed a mistake in your published piece?

If I realize I have some mistakes after I upload the chapter I just edit it and upload it again.

🎤Your Wattpad account just got hacked. Describe your first reaction.

I don't want to even think about that scenario. I would be so confused and panicked.
I would tap on my screen yelling not knowing what to do. I would be sad that my Career is in this app and if someone hacked my account means that person takes away from me my hard work.

🎤Last words?
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to be interviewed by you and getting known by more people. This platform makes a dream come true not only for me but for several people, young, adults or elders.  Famous authors started from here, as me right now, a teenager who spent her free time writing.

Have a nice day and don't forget to share your goals and have always a smile formed on your lips.

❤️
So, maybe I've mentioned this to you before Elpida or maybe I haven't but you are amazing. I read the complete book introduction you sent and it was superb.

Also, please keep publishing and never ever feel like you are not doing enough or you won't be recognized. The sky is not your limit, it is your starting point.

GO GIRL

❤️

WATTPAD INTERVIEW
BRINGING WATTPAD TO YOU❤️