Chapter 11

"Seriously, Kakashi?" I scolded him for being reckless earlier. He could drop dead earlier if I didn't heal his exhaustion earlier. The kids are on the other room together to take a rest and here I am with Kakashi. He's still laying down in a futon. 

The very first moment he opened his eyes, I began ranting. 

He just let out a nervous laugh, hoping to ease my anger but I didn't flinched. "Chakra exhaustion, really?" I asked him. Well, this is his habit. To exhaust every chakra he had to go all out. 

I was about to walk away when I heard him snicker on me, but he grabbed my wrist and deliberately laid me down beside him. He made my head touch his biceps and made it my pillow so I could rest easy while he wrapped his hands around my waist after adjusting himself to face me. 

"Really, what's with the sudden affection? The last time I checked, we're complete strangers with some bad memories with each other." I spat with bitterness. Who wouldn't? We cut off our connection 8 years ago and now he's acting like nothing happened? He didn't know it hurts! 

I tried to let go of his grasp but he just tightened it, afraid that if he let me go. I wouldn't comeback. 

"I... I don't know. I'm sorry for the past 8 years of me being a jerk, Hanare." He softly mumbled before placing his bare lips on my forehead. 

For one whole day of bearing this kind of change, I finally snapped out. I buried my face on his chest so I could hide my face and lessen my sobs to be heard. Kakashi tightened his arms on my waist while giving my head a butterflies kisses to comfort me. 

"Y-you should be sorry... Kakashi. It hurts a... lot" I said between sobs. 

He placed his hands on my jaw to lift my face up. He gently used his thumb to wipe my tears away before placing a warm peck on my lips.

"I know... I'm sorry." He gently said, trying not to offend me as if I'm a little kid. "I'll make it up to you, Hanare." I felt him caressed my hair and that fully calmed me down. I nodded on his statement before he leaned down to bury his face on the crook of my neck. I felt him sniff on my soft spot before giving it a peck. 

A comfortable silence echoed between us and it's calming me. No words can explain how much I'm happy right now. No words can explain how much I love this guy on my arms. And only God knows how much I've prayed that night to let him stay with me... forever. 

(⁎˃ᆺ˂)

I woke up in the middle of the night, slight jolted about my nightmares. The Fourth Great Ninja War is still haunting me and I can't do anything about this, invading my peaceful slumber. 

I gently released myself on Kakashi's grip since I don't want him to wake up. His up and down chest made me feel relieved that he's still alive unlike what's on my dream just now. I run my fingers through his soft, spiky gray hair before placing a soft peck on his forehead. 

'I love you' I mumbled inside my head. 

Kakashi grab a hold of my arms to prevent me from touching the ground. I puke out a vast amount of blood before my knees could land in the ground. 

"Oi, H-hanare! Get a grip!!" I heard Kakashi shouted on me, fear evident on his voice. 

"It's okay, just exhaustion." I told him. I used my full power earlier to prevent the 10 tails tentacles to reach us. It consumed a lot of chakra and reserves but I can take it back. I just have to mold chakra when Madara appeared behind Kakashi. 

My eyes widen in shock when Madara's blade went through Kakashi's chest. 

No... no!!!!