Chapter 14

"Ehhhh! Hanare-sensei, Hokage-jiji, Kakashi-sensei, why do we need to do those lame missions?" Naruto snorted out bluntly after hearing Hokage's mission for team 7. I immediately shifted my dark gaze on Naruto and Sasuke and they both shivered up in fear. 

I grab a hold of Naruto's collar to put him beside me. "What did I told you before?" I asked him stoically. 

"T-that... d-do n-not di-disrespect H-hokage..." He stuttered frantically so I nodded before giving him a sweet smile. "Phew... Hanare-sensei's scary. I can't get used to it." I heard him mumbled to Sasuke and he nodded on Naruto. 

Then Hokage's little chuckles was heard inside the room so I smiled apologetically on him. "Worry not, Hanare-san. But you really need to accomplish this mission, Naruto-chan." 

I then walked towards the Hokage to grab the mission scroll to read the details. So it's a babysitting mission inside the Nara compound. No wonder why Naruto immediately disagreed about this, even I would disagree but my respect for the Hokage is far greater than my excuses so I let it slide.  

"Naruto, I'll treat you a ramen after we finished this. Sasuke, I'll buy you a pack of tomatoes but don't tell you mother okay? Sakura, we'll go shopping." I bribed them and they all had this twinkle eyes as they excitedly nodded on me to approve. 

Then I bit my thumb to bleed to sign the mission contract together with Kakashi. I was about to leave with the kids when Kakashi put a hold on my wrist and stop me from walking outside the tower. 

"Are you sure you're going to treat Sasuke and Naruto? You know that those two are glutton." He asked before giving me his sympathetic look. 

"Of course! Besides, It'll help them to finish their task. And you're going to help me, right?" I gave him my supper puppy eyes and he gave up with a sigh. "Anyway, we have to go now. We're going to babysit a baby from Nara clan." 

Kakashi knew how much I love kids so he didn't say anything but smiled on my cheerfulness. 

As we're walking down the streets, we ran into Kurenai and Asuma, both heading towards the Hokage tower to give their weekly report after accomplishing their D-rank missions.

"Hanare, I never thought you'll end up being with Kakashi." Kurenai stated while wiping her dripping tears on his cheeks. Asuma looked panicked as he saw Kurenai crying. He immediately brought out his tissue from his pockets and wiped Kurenai's tears away. "Oi Kakashi, if you dared to hurt my best friend, I'll put you under my powerful Genjutsu!" She threatened him and Kakashi shivered as I am.

This is the second time I saw Kurenai act like this. The first time when she caught Asuma disobeying her not to smoke behind her watch. I sighed.

 Kakashi scratched the back of his head nervously before nodding, "Of course." Was all he said to her.

Kurenai didn't leave Kakashi alone until Asuma decided to leave us alone so we could proceed doing our mission. Kakashi and I sighed in relief when Kurenai and Asuma were not out of our sight. That sure chickened us out since Kurenai's one of my big mother-hen aside from Tsunade. 

We were greeted by the guards when we entered the Nara compound. I immediately widened my senses to pinpoint my students location and found them at the house of our client, not too far away from Shikaku's house. 

"Calm down, Hanare. I know how much you like kids but calm down." It's as if Kakashi noticed my sudden sugar rush and attempt to teleport away and leave him behind, he grab a hold of my wrist to stop me from doing what I wanted so I pouted on him. Then Kakashi brought out a bottle of alcohol and sprinkled over my head as if I'm a cat or something.