Chapter 15

"Kakashi? Is there something wrong with Hanare?" Lord Hiruzen asked when Hanare left the office after reporting our babysitting mission earlier. 

Even I, caught a glimpse of her worried and troubled eyes but I couldn't bring myself to ask her. I'm waiting for her to say things she wanted to share, to lessen whatever the burden she's feeling. I'm just waiting for her because I don't want her to be forced because I asked. 

Lord third is aware of our relationship. He congratulate us at the same time, warned us about the consequences of being in a relationship. We couldn't let our emotion outrun us during our mission. 

I sighed in defeat. Earlier she's still okay but now... she's so troubled over something I couldn't point out. Was it because I asked her to become my wife someday? Or having children? doesn't she like that? No. I'm just overthinking.

Hanare stayed with me in shadows and didn't gave up on me even after I pushed her away. She's the only person I could imagine to live with. And I know that she's feeling that too. We just became one. I know how much she loves me as much as I do. 

"She's okay but troubled. I'm sure this won't affect our mission, sir." I respond politely, not wanting to tarnish Hanare's name. 

Then Lord Third dismissed me so I teleported inside our bedroom and found her placing her clothes on her bags. I remember she told me that she have a mission later to replace Genma for awhile since he's out with Shikaku. 

I sat on the edge of the bed to watch her fold her clothes quietly. I'm sure that she wasn't aware of my presence because she's so pre-occupied. I began to worry about her well-being but remained in silence. Whatever was on her mind, it's definitely important. This is the first time I saw her this troubled and serious. 

I wonder why? 

"Why are you here, love? Aren't you supposed to train the kids?" I was a bit surprised when she spoken. I thought she was pre-occupied and didn't sensed my sudden presence around. Or maybe she's really occupied but noticed my chakra signature. Her voice stayed the same. The warmth that I'm fond of as well as its tranquility. 

I stood up to sit near her so I could see her expression clearly. When I felt that she wasn't going to open up, I initiate a question, "Are you okay?" And there she stopped. I know there's something big and difficult thing running inside her head but if she wouldn't let this out, it'll break her. Of course I'm worried, I'm her boyfriend. 

I can't stand seeing her troubled. 

She stopped on her tracks to have a thought about my question. Her expression became stiff so I grab a hold of her wrist to gently pull her closer and let her sit down on my lap. She deliberately buried her face on my neck to hide her crying face to me. 

The only thing I could do right now is to stay with her until she regain her cool. I gently stroked her back as well as her hair, hoping to ease her stiffed body. I know that she has no intention of telling me what's wrong for now so I'm hoping, maybe when she's ready she could open up on me because I will listen. 

No matter what will happen in the future, I will always stay with her. 

A moment of silence echoed around us when she finally stopped crying. Seeing her cry feels like a thousand stabs on my chest. I think I will never get used to this sight. If I only could erase or ease what's happening inside her head, I will. 

"Are you okay now?" I asked her when I felt her wiping her tears away. She pulled her body away to look directly on my eyes. My eyes soften in the sight so I put my hands on her jaw to wipe the tears that remained in her eyes using my thumb. "You know that I'm always here for you, right?" I asked softly and she smiled.