Because of..... You - Yves x Male Reader

You hate it here.

The music? Obnoxiously loud.

The food? Absolutely horrible.

The chattering? Sounds like a bunch of insects skittering in your ears.

The people? A bunch of hormonal fueled homo sapiens looking to get some fun tonight, or even to get laid.

With that being said, why are you here again?

Looking around at all the people enjoying themselves here, talking, dancing, drinking, your eyes quickly find its target: your girlfriend, Ha Sooyoung, enjoying herself with her friends. No wait, it should be Yves right now, not Sooyoung. It's peculiar, how people can be different based on their circumstance and environment, and Sooyoung is no exception.

To others, she is Yves, the charismatic, beautiful, charming cafe owner, who is also one hell of a barista. One of the reasons that made you fall heads over heel for you is her goddamn coffee, so savory, so addicting, just like her. Yves is outgoing, sociable, appears at almost every party, enjoying her life to the fullest. But that was not why you love her.

You don't exactly love "Yves", but you love Ha Sooyoung, the surprisingly nerdy, very soft, kind, and attentive girl, her "true" self, so to speak. Other people believe what they want to believe, see what they want to see. To them, Yves is untouchable in a way, the perfect girl for them, curves in all the right places, meant to be put on a pedestal for others to worship, sort of way.

If you say that they are wrong, you would be lying.

But you see more than just "Yves". You see a girl, trying her best to please her customer, the girl who keeps notes about her regular customers' favorite drinks underneath the counter, the girl who always does her best in satisfying her customers, the girl you're so in love with, you will do anything for her......which explains why you're at this party. A place foreign and strange to you, definitely NOT your definition of a "Saturday Night" (which includes cuddling and Netflix for you).

The only reason why you are enduring all of this, the music, the chattering, people dancing, is solely because of Sooyoung. And watching her enjoying herself, dancing with her friends, with all eyes on hers, you wonder to yourself.... why are you here? Sooyoung knows as well as you do, that you are not a party guy, far from it. You dislike the music, incessant and unnecessarily loud, making your heartbeat even faster from the sheer loudness of it.

You dislike watching everyone flirting, like their life depend on whether or not they get laid tonight. And most of all, you loathed alcohol. Because of it, you lost your parents, a wound that has already healed, but left a very visible scar in your heart.

Watching Sooyoung on the dance floor is a relief to your overthinking brain right now because she knows how to pull your attention away from yourself and put it on hers. Sipping the glass of water, you watch as she sways with the beat, her mind, in full control of her body, nailing every beat with enthusiasm, causing a wild cheering around her, which only seems to invigorate her more.

Wincing a bit from the loud noises, you move your seat slightly further from the main area, your eyes still focusing on Sooyoung. Admits the loud cheering, one cheer strike in your mind, surprisingly clear and loud:

"YVES, I LOVE YOU!"

And soon enough, the crowd follows with cheering of their own, proclamations of love, towards your girlfriend, which is, of course, mildly irritating for you. You know that she is your girlfriend, she knows that you are her boyfriend. She is just enjoying the moment...... Right?

Despite you trying to reassure yourself, you can't stop your brain from kicking into overdrive.

One quick glance around the place and you can see over half of the guys here are more handsome than you, and muscular too, their tight shirts a dead giveaway to their muscles, flaunting them to everyone else. You, on the other hand, average build, somewhat tall, neither fat nor thin, just...average. And that's it.