Happy - JiU

1:00 AM

It was silent down the halls of your apartment, nothing but the sound of your footsteps and keys jingling in your hands. Another late night in the office. Your boss demanded you finish multiple contracts for projects that weren't going to take place until next week.

You sigh, a few steps away from your front door, and take out your keys. Your fingers fumble through each ring, looking for the right key before you try putting one through the lock. Once upon reaching it, you struggle to find the right key that fits the slit in the lock. "God damn it." After a minute of mumbling to yourself, you finally open the door. As your door creaks open, the exhaustion suddenly crashes down, urging you towards the couch, but it suddenly dissipates when you spot a pair of flats, and a long black jacket hung on the wall.

"She's home?" A relieved smile appears on your face, and you softly chuckle to yourself as you hang your coat beside hers.

Locking the door behind you, a tiny pattering of feet could be heard. Before you know it, a tiny white ball of fluff comes waddling towards you. "Hi Cherry!" You take your shoes off and set your little bag to the side before picking up Cherry who immediately started licking your cheek.

"Hey, hey, I missed you too." You chuckle at the excessive amount of licking as you set Cherry back down and kneel in front of her. "Is mommy home?" You ask quietly, scratching Cherry's neck as she licks your arms. After a few more moments of playing, you feel Cherry nudge your hand before walking towards your bedroom.

As expected, the little furball stops and sits in front of your bedroom door. "Thank you, Cherry." you smile, patting her head before you slowly open your bedroom door to see a huge lump under the blankets, hearing a low growling sound. "Mommy was always such a snorer, right Cherry?" You look down to the dog, smiling with her tongue out.

"You hungry?"

Cherry stood up from her sitting position and began walking over to her feeding bowl and sat next to it. You smile in entertainment as you walk over to the little dog who is patiently waiting for her food. You walk over to a huge bag that's leaning against the wall, opening the top of it, and pulling out a cup that's already in there, already pre-scooped for Cherry.

"Here you go girl." Pouring the food into the bowl, Cherry almost immediately chowing down on the food. With that you finally decided to wash up and freshen up for bed as it was already late, but thankful that you got the weekend off.

~~~~~

After a good shower and change into some comfortable clothes, you slowly walk in the bedroom, trying to avoid waking up your snoring lover. Slowly making your way around the bed, you gently pick up the blanket and try slipping in.

"What took you so long, honey?"

You flinch, not expecting the blonde sunshine to still be awake. "I thought you were asleep already babe." Coming to your senses, continuing to get in bed and eventually lay down next to your beloved Minji.

"I couldn't feel your warmth, it's uncomfortable without you here." Minji's eyes open and the two of you make eye contact, almost immediately Minji grabs you and holds you in her arms. "I missed you a lot, honey." You smile hearing that from her, Minji and her group just returned from a world tour.

It's been nearly a month since the last time you saw her, you felt empty without her at home. "I missed you a lot too." You turn yourself and embrace Minji in your arms like how she's holding you.

"How was your tour?" You were tired, you wanted to sleep, nothing would have stopped you on a normal day from sleeping, although it's not a normal day for you.

Today is the first day in weeks that you're being held by the love of your life.

"It went amazing. I just wish you were there with us the whole time."

"We're together now, babe."

Minji embraces you a little tighter, moving one hand from your back to the top of your head so she can start playing with your hair. It was soothing, alluring even, this was the most relaxed you have felt for a month since Minji left on tour. Being home alone for the first time in a long time was different than having a whole other human being with you, even Cherry left on tour.

"How was work today, honey?"

You knew Minji was tired, she was clearly jetlagged seeing how she was knocked out by the time you got home. It warms your heart that she's staying awake willing to hear about your day.

"My boss is still an ass, micromanaging all of us in the office" You were able to groan out as your eyes closed, your arms slowly slithering around Minji's torso, engulfing her in a cuddle session that would eventually last all night. "The only thing stopping me from leaving the job is the good pay...."

"You know I can handle the bills honey. I did get this apartment on my own before you came into my life" Minji says, feeling like you overwork yourself too much to provide for the both of you when she clearly is able to as well. "You work just as much or more than me honey, you're in front of audiences every other day, I just hide in an office." You look up to Minji with a little smile, yes you hate your job but the reason why you work is what makes you happy.

As Minji pecks your lips, "It'll be nice to have a house husband though, at least I have something to look forward to every night." Realizing what had said, your eyes shot open, and you sat up but stayed eye contact with her. "H-Husband?" And it was at this moment, Minji knew... She spilled the beans. "I-Ye-Wait! Pretend I didn't say that!" Minji skyrockets up to a sitting position, her cheeks becoming flustered red, she's shaking her head and hands trying to deny the fact, she did say "husband".

After the first few seconds of shock, you slowly, but seriously consider the option of becoming a house husband. You were always the one to cook and clean the apartment anyways, since JiU was usually busy with her schedule.

But one thing did strike you.

"I thought I had to ask you first?" And that's when Minji became silent, looking away from you. The face of hiding something, you knew Minji was thinking of something. "Babe, is something wrong?" You give a slight smirk to her, making her feel flustered. "N-Nothing honey! Let's go to sleep!"

Minji instantly drops down in, hiding under the blanket, making you chuckle at her goofiness. You pull up the blanket slightly and back hug Minji, surprising her slightly. You get a whiff of the shampoo that Minji used, assumingly earlier today when she arrived home.

Your arm snakes around the curvature of Minji's waist, she lays her hand on top of yours, inserting her fingers in the gaps between yours. "I wonder how different your hand would be if we put a ring on it." Minji giggles slightly, thinking about you two getting married.

Her imagination started going rampant, imagining herself in a wedding dress. "Can you imagine it babe?" You lay your head in the crook of Minji's neck. "A wedding dress... The chapel... Us telling our vows." A smile appear on your face, as well as Minji.

She's always imagined what it'll like to be married, to attend her own wedding, not someone else for once. Minji feels excited, feeling anticipation.

"Hey, honey?" Minji calls you.

"Yes?"

"Let's break up." Minji says as she releases herself from your embrace, you begin to worry and sit up as well.

"W-Wha, why?" Your face started to heat up, you can feel your eyes beginning to water.

"I don't want to be your girlfriend anymore." Minji looks at you with a smile, leaving you in confusion.

"I want to be your wife."