Time - Hyunjin

~~~August~~~

*Ring Ring*

*Ring Ring*

Your phone is ringing as your Uber app is picking up a rider nearby. You accept the job as it's most likely going to be your last one for the night since it's already getting late. You look at the name of your customer and realized it's a female, little cute in the profile picture you see on your phone.

"Kim Hyunjin."

You start your car, pulling out of the parking spot you were in to head down to the local bar. You took a deep sigh as you were prepared to get your car trashed, it is a Friday night in the middle of summer, probably some drunk college girls just needed a ride home.

As normal when pulling up to a bar, packed with people, lots of chatter, smell of cigarettes. You became anxious being afraid the inside of your car will reek of smoke and alcohol. The anxiety bar went from a good 5 to 11 once you see a group of people coming in the direction of your vehicle.

Taking a deep breath, but instead of disappointment, you sigh in relief as the group of people pass you. Instead, a woman on her own walks towards your vehicle, you were shocked as she's very well-dressed, well-mannered person compared to the other... Visitors in this area.

The back door of your car opens, you turn your head to see that it was the same young woman you were looking at. A woman with streaking black hair, a white button up and red tie. You watch her adjust her glasses as she takes a seat in the car, you can tell by the look of her face she would prefer a quiet ride, the expression on her face looks like someone struck out with her at the bar.

"Annyeong, for Kim Hyunjin?" You nod your head in response. The woman gets herself buckled up and before you turn onto the road, she asks. "Can you just... Drive around the city or something with the window open please?" You honour her request and let her roll down the window.

As you pull out of the parking lot of the bar, you find yourself going around downtown, admiring the city lights, the night life. You watch the woman in the back of your car, checking if she's okay. "If you need to, I have a barf bag prepared to in the back of my seat." You look in your rear-view mirror, she smiles but her actions were weird?

Her hand was out of the window, she's putting her hand out like as if it's airplane in the wind, like a child. "Thank you, sir, but I won't be needing it." She doesn't seem to be asking to head home any time soon.

"This is it. This is where I get kidnapped."

You anxiously thought, but at the end of the night she is still going to be the one paying for the ride. "Ms. Kim, how much longer do you need to be out?" You ask as polite as you could as you were starting to be impatient as the night is getting late.

"Sir?" You look in the mirror as you see the young woman's eyes are starting to glow in a pink shine as you're passing multiple streetlights. You sighed lightly as you think you should keep driving her. "Yes Ms. Kim?"

"Please, call me Hyunjin." She answers in a light tone, almost airy. A tone that's supposed to have a feeling of joy, but you know better when her eyes betray her tone. "Do you need something Hyunjin?"

"I'm sorry, but can you tell me your name again?" You were surprised that she bothered to ask for your name, as expected you went ahead and told her. "Nice to re-meet you sir." Hyunjin says while giggling, you break a smile and chuckle. "Can I ask you a serious question?" You smile, it seems like you're in for a long night.

"Sure Hyunjin."

"Have you ever thought about when you would die?"

The atmosphere in the air becomes tense, it was a question you were not expecting to be asked. "That's a Hell of a question to ask your Uber driver, isn't it?" Hyunjin's hand is still outside of the window, flying in the air, the expression on her face shows a blank, completely emotionless.