Knowing the truth

Hii readers, thank you so much for reading my book, please please vote and suppot my story by commenting your feedbacks. Love you all 🥰🙏

After 3 years leap(Bren's point of view):

I completed my work at Night's and went home late that night. Marie has gone to finish her task( spying for Jordan). I completed my task for the week. Jordan assigns our tasks sometimes both of us has same and has to work together, sometimes separately.

Our spying task mostly involve with hacking system, tracking the targets or checking the pack borders etc. Till now it does not goes bad and I didn't get any warnings from moon goddess so I hope there is nothing wrong with pack.

We both thought of joining the rogue packs for best. It was near midnight still I didn't get any message from Marie and nor she called so I called her, she took her phone in first ring,
"Hey -" she cut me off impatiently.

"I was going to call you, Bren come to the backside of the forest near the rouge building soon. There is something big is happening track my phone for location because I am going to spy on this group, it's three rogues and two vampires with David and I think they are into something. " she cut the call without waiting for my reply.

My heart bounded in my chest faster as I run her words. I growled. Shit Shit Shit. what the hell is this girl thought?. Stupid girl. I went to call her again when a message popped in with her location. I closed my apartment and took off to the location Marie shared in my car. My thoughts are ranging out of control as I drove towards long way leading to forest lands.

What is happening between the rouges and vampire?, How could werewolves and vampire can work along, are they like sworn enemies since the beginning of the supernatural world?, Maybe there is more to this rogue pack then they let through?, Would there be something dark? Holy goddess! Marie is in danger when they know that she is following them.

Why can't she just come home after working instead she chose to follow them out of stupid curiosity. oh goddess please help me. I can't get help from either of our old packs. I have few information about the few neighbour packs when I tracked some of their members, maybe they can help? But why they believe or help me when I spied on them for rogues.

What can I do now? Only one option left, I have to take Marie safely and leave this town and go away other side of the country. Oh Moon goddess please please help us show us a way. Rest of the way I prayed to goddess to help us and keep Marie safe till I reach her.

I reached the end of the road near forset area and get out of my car and walked of sneathly as possible with the help my wolf in the direction of Marie's location.

As I came closer to her location, I can smell her scent along with few other wolves and vampires which is faintly present. Thank my wolf for the best nose that I am good at catching these traces. I used my wolf senses and searched for any movement or any presence.

I dreaded at thought  that they sensed Marie following them and kidnapped her. Oh goddess, I tracked the scent with predator's grace and went deep into the forest.

Finally I saw Marie leaning over a big tree and checking her phone. I speed of to her and have her back against the tree and pressed my palm over her mouth before she squeals or make any sound. Her eyes widened and she struggled little to free from my hold.

I narrowed my eyes,"What the hell are you thinking? Stupid. Are you think that you are a hero to go alone and face the danger headfirst. Why can't you just come home after working? Come let's get back before they know about us." I whisper shouted at her.

And left my hold on her slowly still glowering at her. "When I gave David the pendrive which has my last assignment, the small magnetic recorder, you gave me was accidentally attached to the drive.
Suddenly I heard a voice in my earphones when I connected to it. when I thought I lost the recorder, I searched for it few hours ago, I listened to the voice and the voice said something about forest cabin and dispose the pack members and wait for the Alpha's order about the what to do with other women.

I doubted that they kidnapped those women so came here. Device is still active. I saw few baggages and boxes were taken into the truck. I think there is more to our work as their spy than we know, maybe we are indirectly helping these rogues to kidnap poor pack women. I can't let it go, I had gon through the similar situation too." She explained with her eyes casting down to the ground. I deeply sighed.

Though I appreciate her thoughts on helping others but I can't think straight when I thought what would would have happened to her if someone in the group has known about her morbid interest of investigation.

Cabin is in good distance and located little down from here, the Cabin can be completely seen from here with less possibility of getting spotted from the person in the cabin. Two lonewolves can't can't fight against the mysterious rouges that works with vampires. I have make her see this harsh reality.

"Marie we both alone cannot go against these big pack of rogues and vampires or other supernatural creatures to save people without knowing what is exactly happening or who is prey and culprit. We have to leave now or we will end up as savages. We don't have any pack for our support too. Now we have escape before they found that we know something about them." I muttered quietly.

"But what about those women and what-", I cut her off.

"Marie understand please falling headfirst will not help any one soon they will know about the recorder or someone will notice our hideout here. Come on let's go from here first". I pleaded with her. Finally she recutantly accepted to go.
We both finally got walked back to my car as sneakily as possible.

Thank you all for reading.🙏

What do you think the rogues are doing? Is vampires are the only ally they have or there are more?
Are Bren and Marie surely safe now?
Share your thoughts in comment section. And please vote for my story and support my work. Love you all 🥰