1

Cover by: SxmplyMoxxi

Warnings:
-Mentions (cyber) bullying

George's POV

Clay, a boy who was loved by everyone. A boy I'd never even get a chance to talk to anymore. I'd never get closer to him than my yearly message attached to my Valentine's roses and chocolate in the hope he would talk to me again.

I was walking to the table where I could write down that I wanted to send someone a rose and chocolate on Valentine's Day. Even though I did this yearly, it still made me nervous. I had always been scared that someone saw me write down Clay's name and assume different things.

After making sure there wasn't anyone near me from Clay's friend group, I walked to the table and smiled at the student in front of me.

'For who are you buying something?' she asked me with a smile.

'Uh- I'd like to give someone chocolate and roses,' I whispered, looking away awkwardly.

'What's their name?'

'Uh- Clay Smith,' I mumbled with a red face. I turned my eyes to the ground and waited for her to reply.

'Okay, can you write your message down there?' she asked as she gave me a small paper.

'It's private,' I pointed out with a quiet voice. 'Please don't read it.'

'I don't read any of the messages people write,' she said with a smile. 'Look, I put it in this envelope with the money and the name for who it's meant to be.'

'Thank you,' I smiled as I grabbed the note and a pencil to start writing.

Hi Clay, I just wanted to send my yearly Valentine's roses and chocolate to tell you that I miss you :) I still hope you want to talk to me again someday or if you even remember me <3

I quickly put the note in front of the girl who didn't look at it and put it in the envelope after writing Clay's name on it. I handed her the money since I had to pay to get someone to give Clay a rose and chocolate from me anonymously.

I sped away from the table and walked to the cantina to sit down next to my friend, Quackity. He looked up and smiled. 'Hi, what's up?'

I breathed out and smiled back. 'I just bought roses and chocolate for Clay again.'

'Oh, that's great!' Quackity exclaimed. 'Let's hope he notices it this year.'

'Probably not, he gets tenths of roses from everyone. I don't expect he would ever notice me,' I sighed.

Quackity nodded slowly. 'You never know though, maybe he still remembers you. It's not that easy to forget someone.'

I rolled my eyes. 'I don't know if you've seen that guy, but he doesn't look like he does.'

I looked behind Quackity to see Clay sit next to two girls while they laughed and talked, having a whole different life.

'Maybe you don't even want to be friends anymore with that guy. He's such a player,' Quackity stated with an eye roll.

'He didn't use to be,' I sighed dramatically.

Quackity nodded. 'Anyway, do you want to hang out after school? How has your latest video been doing?'

A sad feeling numbed my body and I stared down in front of me. 'I know I might not be the greatest singer, but everyone gives me so much hate. I just enjoy singing and making videos to post them online but maybe it's better if I quit.'

'No, dude. You aren't going to quit your passion, that's bullshit. You're a great singer and even if everyone gives you hate, I'm your number one fan. So you better give me a ticket for free if you give a concert in America.'

'America?' I giggled. 'Well, I don't think an unprofessional singer from England is ever going to give a concert in America.'

Quackity sat up. 'Dude, but if you do, I'm sitting in the front, cheering you on.'

I smiled. 'Thank you for supporting me even though I sing like absolute shit.'

'Honestly, you don't. I love the way you sing. Sure, there's some things that can improve but the biggest singers sing worse than you without autotune,' Quackity confirmed as he sat back again.

'Would you be honest with me? If I didn't sing well?' I questioned as I looked at him.

He nodded heavily. 'I really like it when you sing low or normal tones. The only thing you can improve is your high notes. Because you're trying so hard to hit them, it can sound forced or off key.'

'How do I improve?' I asked, happy he was honest with me.

'Singing classes? Or watching videos online.'

'I'd love singing classes, but after all the hate, I'm just scared they would laugh at me too,' I insecurely admitted.

'You're a good singer, they wouldn't laugh at that. A singing coach isn't supposed to laugh at their students anyway,' Quackity answered.

'I don't know if my parents would allow me too. My dad would just laugh at me if I asked. I think my stepmom would accept it, but I'm not sure if she'd actually support it,' I mumbled.

'I'll support you and if they don't, I'll get my dad to support you too.'

I smiled and sighed softly, suddenly seeing Clay and four of his friends stand up. I wanted to look away as his eyes turned to me and we locked eyes. I didn't know what to do and completely froze as he looked at me. My whole face got red and I ashamedly looked away.

'You're so red,' Quackity laughed. 'Just talk to him again.'

'After what happened? Gosh, I'd rather die.'

'Dude, quit being this pessimistic. Don't lose hope,' Quackity encouraged me.

'But I don't want to have hope to lose it all when he pushes me away,' I mumbled.

Quackity wrapped his arm around my shoulders and smiled shortly. 'I don't want you to lose hope, Clay stared at you countless times so maybe he remembers.'

'Yeah, with an annoyed look,' I sighed.

'I'll tell you now, that guy remembers you for sure and he wants to be friends again,' Quackity laughed. 'He wouldn't just forget you, idiot.'

'He wouldn't want to be with a boy who is hated by all his friends.'

'Friendship doesn't look at popularity. You just need to introduce yourself a bit to him,' Quackity smiled.

'How? I'm never going to walk up to him to say hi. Dude, I almost collapse when he only looks at me. I'd die if I had to talk to him.'

'Get your shit together, he's not a monster,' Quackity laughed. 'I'm going to get you two together in a scenario you HAVE to talk.'

'Oh, shut up. No, you won't. That would be the death of me,' I grinned.

'Wait for it, I have more power than you know,' Quackity smiled.

'Fine, idiot. Let's go to class now before we are too late and our teacher is going to kick us out again like last week.'

'She's just dumb, we didn't do anything wrong.'

'I know,' I sighed. 'She just hates us, it's a confirmed fact.'

'Agreed,' Quackity laughed as we stood up to run to our class.

1200 words