22

Warnings:
-Mentions alcohol addiction
-IDK WHAT ELSE MY BRAIN OMH AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
-MENTIONS ABUSE I THINK

Clay's POV

George helped me get downstairs and was only giggling.

'Why are you laughing?' I grinned as I pushed him softly.

'You're just funny,' he laughed, holding him tightly as we walked downstairs.

George's mother smiled at me as I came downstairs and I laid down on the couch immediately. I was short of breath and then slowly got lifted up again so I could go to the car. I sat down in the car, closely next to George.

'I'm a little bit nervous,' I whispered as I looked at George. 'I don't like talking about my dad if I'm honest.'

George held me tightly and ran his hand through my hair for as long as it took us to go to the hospital.

We arrived there minutes later and I got helped while walking to the emergency room. I had to wait for a while, but then got called by a doctor who made me lay down.

'Can you tell me what's wrong?'

I shrugged. 'My back hurts.'

'What happened?' he asked with a comforting smile.

I found it too difficult to talk and stare at my hands as I reached out to get George to hold me. He stood up to hold my hand. 'Do you want me to tell him?'

I nodded and George looked up at the doctor. 'Someone abused him, kicked his ribs multiple times and then lifted him up to throw him on his back twice in a row.'

The doctor nodded and asked me some more things, trying to make me sit up after he pulled off my shirt and checked my back, nodding slowly.

'You'll need an X-ray immediately.'

Hours later, I had an X-ray and a doctor came back in, nodding slowly as he looked at his papers. 'You fractured your spine and broke three ribs. I think it's best if you stay in the hospital for a few days with a brace around your back. You'll need to recover for a few weeks and you can't be alone.'

I nodded slowly and looked at George who was holding my hand. I got sad and felt tears in my eyes as George laid down next to me.

'Calm down, it's going to be alright. You can stay at my place and I'm sure me and my mum can take care of you when you get home,' he comforted me.

I sniffed softly and looked at my hands as I sighed. Sighing already hurt me and I looked at the doctor again.

'We are going to bring you to another room and take care of you. I'll also give you medication for the pain,' he stated.

I nodded and let myself get taken somewhere else while George and his mother walked with me.

It was hours later and George's mother had been sitting in the cantina to eat while George and I were alone in my room, working on my song. Quackity told me he'd visit me too and I had been looking up which cords he had to play if he wanted to play the guitar which George told me he wanted to.

Before he came George looked at me and smiled. 'I love you,' he mumbled shyly.

'Come, do you want to lay down with me?' I asked him. He nodded to that and climbed next to me in the bed. I held him tightly so he wouldn't fall and he looked me into my eyes, smiling at me.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and let him rest his head on my chest as I sighed softly. 'I missed this. I missed the times I could make you happier.'

'Me too,' George whispered.

'Oh my goodness,' Quackity suddenly yelled out. We broke the hug and he was clapping his hands out of excitement. 'So, this is the cutest thing I've seen in weeks, maybe months or even years.'

I giggled. 'You came earlier than expected,' I smiled as I rolled my eyes after that.

'No, you were just too busy. I really don't want to know what happened when I was gone for just ONE hour!' he exclaimed.

'Shut up, idiot, we just hugged,' I grinned, throwing the notebook with the song on it to his face.

He caught it and looked down to see the cords, grabbing his guitar after that to practise them.

'I'm not going to sing now if I'm honest,' I quickly admitted. 'Breathing already hurts.'

'That's fine, I understand,' George answered.

We practised the song until the door opened again and I looked up with confusion on my face.

'Sapnap? How do you know I'm here?' I asked as he walked in with a balloon in his hand.

'Quackity told me so I immediately got here,' he replied, handing me the balloon as he smiled. 'How are you?'

'I'm alright,' I smiled. 'Just in pain.'

I noticed George got nervous that Sapnap would be mean to him and he stood up to sit back down on his chair while staring at the floor.

'George,' Sapnap started as he walked to George. 'Look at me please.'

George lifted his head up and looked Sapnap in the eyes as he sighed softly. 'I apologise for everything I've said or done. I have reasons for it, they don't make up for everything I've done, but I hope this apology does. To be honest, I was dared to tell you that you're singing is bad, but I was also just jealous,' he explained.

George smiled shortly and stood up, then hugged Sapnap. 'It's fine. I don't know what happened, but I believe that you have a good reason.'

With that, Sapnap sat down and started explaining everything.

'I'm also going into rehab tomorrow,' he ended the story with.

'I'm so proud!' Quackity yelled out. 'Oh, was that too enthusiastic?'

I giggled and Sapnap smiled. 'It's fine, it wasn't. Thank you for being proud.'

'You can do it, Sap,' I smiled. 'But now, believe in yourself too, otherwise I'll kick your ass.'

'I'll kick your ass anyway,' Sapnap laughed.

'Ugh, so annoying,' I huffed jokingly. Even though we were constantly teasing each other, I couldn't be more happy that I had my friends back.

1039 words