Warm hearts Part 2

It has been almost two weeks since he spoke to Rei. It's not that he was avoiding her or anything, it's just he's been so busy training with All might. The road to number hero was not an easy one so he needed all the training he could get.

He also could deny that every time he thought of her his mind would immediately go to her panties on the floor. Shaking his head from those thoughts he goes up the stairs to his apartment.

Training with All might had to be cut early today since Izuku dropped a fridge on his face leaving a few scrapes on his left cheek. Not wanting Izuku to get an infection, All might told him to go home and put alcohol on his face.

Izuku sighs in fustration. 'How am I going to be the number one hero if I can't even handle a little scrape on the face?' He thought. His thoughts were quickly cut when overheard loud talking on his floor.

"What do you mean you can't bring it in? Your right here!" Rei said to what looked like a delivery guy. He was standing next to a fridge in the middle of the hallway. "It says on the chart, bring it here. It's here, right? Then my job is done." He said rudely.

"Please just bring it in. I'll even pay you." Rei pleaded. The man looked her up and down with a lustful face, not even trying to hide it. Seeing his look in his eyes made Rei very uncomfortable making her breathing hitch.

"Hey!" Izuku shouted snapping both of them out of it. The man narrowed his eyes when he saw Izuku approaching. "What do you want pipsqueak?" he asked.

"You can leave, I'll pick up the fridge." Izuku told him getting ready to pick up the fridge. "Ha! Like a little shrimp like you could-" The man's jaw dropped mid-sentence as Izuku picked up the fridge with ease and walked into Rei's apartment.

Rei snapped out of her surprise and looked at the man smugly as she entered the apartment and slam the door close. She turns around and sees Izuku putting the fridge down where her old one use to be.

"Is this good?" He asked. "It's perfect. Thank you, again. This time you seriously have to let me pay you back." Rei says. "It's no problem really." Izuku tells her. "Okay I know you won't take money, but this time you-What happened to your face?" Rei asked walking up to him and gently grabbing his face to examine the wound closer.

"I-I-It's n-nothing really, I just d-dropped some weights on my face." Izuku said while thinking. 'Omg, omg, omg, a girl is touching my face.'

"Wait here." She said going to her room to get something.Izuku was left standing in the middle in her living room not moving a muscle. The confidence he 

had to pick up the fridge and come in has now left his body. Making him go back to his shy self.

while standing there Izuku couldn't help smell the aroma that entered his nostrils. It's was the smell of a home-cooked meal. Something he hasn't smelt in a while since his mom started working the day shift.

Is thoughts were cut short when he heard footsteps coming from down the hall. "sorry I took so long." Rei said holding a first aid kit. "Sit." She said motioning him to the table. Pulling out the chair he took his seat as she pulled out a chair and brought it next to him and took a seat herself.

Opening the box she took out a cotton ball with an alcohol bottle. "Now this may sting a bit." Rei said as she applied alcohol on the cotton ball and dapped his wound on his cheek. "Ow." Izuku said as he pulled away.

"I know, I know, but I'm almost done." Rei said gently placing a hand on his not-wounded cheek to bring him closer. She continued dapping his wound with alcohol but he wasn't complaining anymore.

Instead, his focus was on her eyes. The way she looked at him with so much care and compassion. The kind of look you'd give your child after they hurt themselves. Though he wasn't her's, he definitely wasn't going to stop her.

"There!" Rei said proudly of her work. "huh?" Izuku was so deep in trance he didn't even realize she'd not only finished, or that she had put a band-aid on his cheek.

"Um, t-thanks. I-I'll be going now." Izuku said as was about to get up but was stopped by Rei. "Wait. Did you eat yet?" She asked. "Oh, I was going to make something-" "Perfect!." She said getting up and going to the stove.

"I made some food for you as a way to thank you for helping me." Rei said grabbing a bowl and putting some food in it. "R-R-Rei y-you don't have t-to feed me." Izuku said blushing. 'Oh man, for some reason this seems kind of intimate. What am I talking about? This ain't intimate. Right?' He thinks.

"Huh, Midoriya?" Rei called out seeing him muttering to himself. "Huh? Oh sorry, I space out." Izuku said. "Well, here it is." She said placing a bowl of Katsudon in front of him. 'No wonder I picked up the smell, my only weakness.' Izuku thought.

"Now you don't have to eat it but..." Rei said clasping her hands together and gave him a puppy eyes stare. "I was hoping you would." She said. Izuku swore he felt his heart miss a beat. 'My second weakness!'

"I-I'll eat it." Izuku stuttered. "Yay." Rei said moving her chair back where it was and sat across from him.

He grabs the fork that was on the table and took a bite. His taste bud nearly exploded. It was as if Jesus himself made it. The sweat and salty taste were perfectly balanced as all things should be.

"Wow, this is really good!" Izuku said nearly swallowing the whole bowl. "Oh stop it, it's not that great." Rei said smiling with a blush. "My mom showed me that recipe before she..."

Rei's smile disappeared as she shut down. Everything got quiet. Rei looked sad as she seemed to remember something. Seeing this, Izuku tried to change the subject.

"S-so, what k-kind of quirk do you have? If you don't mind me asking." Izuku asked. Thinking it would make her feel better talking about something else, but it only made her sadder.

"I-I don't really l-like talking about my quirk, sorry." Rei told him. 'Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why did I ask her about her quirk? Now she'll probably hate me! Izuku thought mentally slapping himself.

'But why doesn't she want to talk about it? I-is she...quirkless? That's got to be it, right? She probably thinks I'll judge her or make fun of her. I don't like telling people I'm quirkless either. But I got to let her know we're in this together.' Izuku thought determinedly.

"S-sorry! I shouldn't have asked. I just want to say i-it's okay if you're quirkless, I am too!" Izuku said flashing a supported smile. "I'm not quirkless." Rei told him. 'Oh boy.' Izuku started to get nervous about her reaction.

"Midoriya, you're quirkless?" Rei asked sympathetically. Izuku began fidgeting his fingers, fear of ridicule plagued his thoughts. "Y-yeah..." He said waiting for her to start laughing.

"Why are you shaking?" Rei asked worriedly. "...I...I'm q-quirkless..." Izuku said on the verge of tears. "Izuku." Rei called him by his first name while reaching for his hand to get his attention.

"Being quirkless is nothing to be ashamed of, don't let anyone tell you differently. Besides, given how rare you are that technically makes you special." Rei told him with a warm smile. "What do you want to be?" She asked.

Izuku was in awe at what she said to him. She told things he's been wanting to hear for years, but could he really tell what he wanted to be? She squeezed his hand slightly in assures as she saw his face unsure of himself.

"...I want to be a hero." He told her. She got up and pulled his arm making him stand. They were face to face. Rei pulled Izuku in for a hug and said. "You will be a hero one day." Hearing those words made Izuku start crying.

"...Thank you."