Melting the ice Part 3

It was a brand new day. Izuku was currently at a grocery store getting a few things for Rei. She had invited him over to her house to have dinner together again, Izuku didn't want to feel like a leach so he went out to buy her a few things she could use.

"Aaannd that's it!" Izuku said to himself happy to find the ingredient that seemed to be in hiding. "I think this is everything. Should I buy her more stuff? What if she doesn't like what I buy? Maybe I should buy her something other than groceries" He asked himself.

After contemplating every possible outcome, he decided to just buy what he had for right now and maybe something else in the future. He walks over to the cash register and pays for his items then exits the store.

On his way to his apartment, he noticed a very nice car parked in front of the apartment complex. Looked expensive. Definitely not owned by any of his neighbors.

Izuku shrugged it off and made his way through the apartment lobby then took the stairs up to his floor. Once on his floor, he made his way to Rei's door and was about to knock until he heard shouting.

It was a man's voice, rough and aggressive. Izuku didn't even hesitate and knocked on the door. The shouting stopped and after a few moments the door open.

It was Rei. She had on a white turtle neck sweater, black office skirt, lace top stocking, with black office shoes. Had it not been for the situation at hand, Izuku would have been able to admire her outfit.

Rei held the door open only enough for Izuku to see her so he could see who was in her apartment. "Yes, Midoriya?" Rei asked. "Are you okay?" Izuku asked not caring for whoever was in the apartment.

"Y-yes, don't worry about me. I told you already, I'm strong!" Rei said flexing her right bicep. Unlike the first time she did it, this time it seemed forced, a facade.

"I'm sorry Midoriya, but I have to go. I'll see you around." Rei said about to close the door but Izuku grabbed her hand. "If you need me I'm in my house." Izuku told her.

She squeezed his hand to either reassure him or herself. "Thank you Izuku." Rei said letting go of his hand and slowly closing the door. Izuku stood there looking at the shut door for a moment but it felt like an eternity.

Decided not to stand there and stare at her door and wait for it to magically open, he goes to his apartment to wait for her "company" to leave. But once he gets inside he sees his mom sitting on the couch.

"Hey Izu!" She greeted. "Hey, mom. You got off of work early?" He asked. "Yeah, it was a slow day so they let come home early. What do you got there?" Inko asked noticing the bag in his hand.

"Oh, not much just a few things items I got for Rei- I mean Ms. Himura." Izuku told her a little embarrassed he almost revealing that he calls her by her first name. His mom gave him a confused look but then shrugged.

"Oh, that's nice. You should wait for her husband to leave first. From all the shouting I can guess he isn't the polite type." She told him. "She's married?! I mean, she's married?"

Inko was a little surprised at his little outburst but answered anyway. "Well, she hasn't said it officially. But she's a middle-aged woman living alone. I think it's safe to say she was at least married once. And that guy in there can't be a relative with the way he's screaming at her, so he might be her ex-husband." She told him.

"Oh, well, I'm going to do my homework in my room." Izuku said quickly walking away. "Okay, I'll make dinner in a little bit!" Inko told him as he went into his room quickly. 'Why is he so interested in her?" She wondered.

Izuku put his stuff on the side of his bed as he jump on it. "Why am I so interested in her?" He asked himself. "What am I feeling? Why did it bother me to think she was married?" He looked at his phone to check the time. 4:37 pm.

He decided to wait to at least 7 o'clock to knock on her door again. Izuku did everything he could to make time to go by fast, he did his homework, cleaned his room, and even did a small workout. Looking at his phones time read 4:54 pm.

"You got to be kidding me!" Izuku said in frustration at how slow time seemed to move. Seconds were like minutes, minutes were like hours, and hours were like eons.

As time slugged on Izuku had dinner with his mom. They didn't talk about much since Izuku's mind was somewhere else. After dinner time was still moving slowly but it was getting closer to 7 so he went to his room to retrieve the items he had gotten for her.

Izuku put on his red shoes and was about to leave. "Hey, mom I'm going to, um, the store real quick. Be right back." Izuku told her as he left. 'Why did I lie?' He thought to himself. Paying it no mind he walks across to Rei's door and knocks a few times.

After a moment he heard footsteps getting closer on the other side of the door. "Y-yeah?" Rei said from the other side of the door. Izuku knew something was up since she'd always opened the door first.

"I-it's me, Izuku." He told her. He was met with silence that felt like it lasted forever. Until. "I-I don't...really look my best right now. Can we talk tomorrow?" She told him.

Izuku felt fear in her voice, the same fear he feels when Bakugou yells at him, fear of not being able to do anything, and fear of not being accepted. He's fine when it happens to him but it didn't feel right for it to happen to Rei.

"Rei, open the door please." Izuku told her in a calming voice. With a little hesitation, the door opened slowly and what Izuku saw broke his heart. Rei had tears streaming down her face.

"I'm fine." She told him with a fake smile.

Izuku walked in and closed the door behind him. Putting the bag down on the floor and walked up to Rei. He then pulled her in so quickly she didn't even know what was happening, but then she realized he was hugging her.

"I know you're strong, but it's okay not to be fine sometimes." He told her.

She slowly wrapped her arms around him as she tried not to cry on his shoulder. But failed. He don't know anything, yet he came to comfort her. A quirkless kid made her feel safer than All Might ever could(the shade).

After a moment they separated. they stared into each other's eyes, Izuku got a bit mesmerized but snapped out of it when he remembered why he came here.

"Um, actually the reason I came here to give this!" He said picking up the bag he brought. Looking in it she saw a bunch of herbs and spices. Rei then realized what she had promised. "I'm so sorry! I forgot I was supposed to cook for you today!" Rei whined cutely.

"It's okay, my mom got off early today so she made me dinner." Izuku told her. "I still feel bad so tomorrow I'm making us dinner! I'll try to do my best, so be here at 4 okay?" She told him. Izuku smiled at how quick her mood turned.

"It's a date!" He said. Rei blinked a few times processing what Izuku just said, even Izuku didn't realize what he said. "I-I-I m-mean not a date date!! M-more like a m-meeting. Not that I-I wouldn't..." Izuku said as each word got lower and lower until she couldn't hear him anymore.

She smiled at his antics. "Okay, it's a date." Rei told him making his eyes look like they're about to fall out, not only that his face was so red he looked like his shoes. Rei couldn't help but let out a laugh at seeing his reaction. Izuku let out a little nervous laugh.

'Tomorrow I have a date, but not like a date date. Right?' He asked himself in his mind.

My dumbass forgot to add names for each chapter. smh.