Getting chilly Part 6

Rei was once again prepping food for Izuku. It has been a while since she actually saw him, but she has gotten into a routine of doing this. It was nothing special just chicken parmesan with some fettuccine.

Once she had everything packed up she was about to go and deliver it before she had a thought. 'What if I spoke to him this time?' She thought.

"What if he doesn't want to see me? Or what if he does? No, I don't think so. But he does eat my food. Maybe he's just doing it to be nice. What if he hates it?" Rei shook her head from those thoughts and decided just to leave the food there.

She grabbed her sweater and slipped into her pink slippers, opened her door only to see Izuku was about to enter his house. Izuku's eyes widen at her sight.

He hasn't seen her in a bit. She was wearing a grey sweater, jeans, and pink slippers. To most, she look okay, but to Izuku, He thought she looked stunning.

But with Rei, her mom instincts kicked in as she saw his right arm. His sleeve from his tracksuit was completely ripped off and his arm was loosely covered in bandages.

"W-what happened to your arm!" She asked as she pulled him into her house. "I uh, I was in t-the U.A entrance today uh." Izuku stuttered as his hand was being held by Rei's as she took him to her kitchen.

She seat the food down on the counter as she started to redo his bandages. "Those exams are so dangerous. What if your arm would have been hurt worse then what would they do?" Rei said.

"Well, Recovery Girl was there so-" "Recovery girl." Rei scoffed. As she was doing his bandages she blinked a few times as she had just processed what he said.

"Wait, the entrance exam was today?" She asked. "Yeah." He answered. "Do you do well?" "I...don't think so." Izuku gloomed as he put his head down.

Rei finished tightening the bandages as she put a hand on his cheek to make him look at her. "But you did it. No matter what you went there and took the exams just like everyone else. Most people are too afraid to even go to the exams and give up before it they even try

But not you. Don't let anyone take that away from you." Rei told him. Izuku's eyes widen. He didn't think about it like that. Most people want to be heroes but the weight of rejection discourages people to the point some don't try even if they have an amazing quirk.

Izuku had a small smile as he felt a little better about it the exams. Rei smiled as well. She was glad she was able to cheer him up. "Oh! Since you're here you can the food I made you." She said getting the food.

"You made me food?" Izuku asked. "Yes. Haven't you been getting the lunches I packed for you?" Rei asked confused. "I haven't. Sorry. You probably wasted a lot of time and food." Izuku said bummed.

'Inko' Rei groaned internally. "Don't worry about it. Those were just leftovers. Come." She told him as she place the food on the table. Izuku made his way to the table to take a seat.

Izuku takes a bite of the food and his eyes turn into stars. "Wow, this is so good!" He said smiling. "I'm glad you like it." Rei responded.

They then stare at each other for a bit. Neither of them said a word, just smiling. Happy to be in each other's presence.

Izuku then remembered something important. "I almost forgot I was going to tell you something." He said. "What is it?" She asked. "I...have a quirk." Izuku said smiling.

Rei's eyes widen in surprise. She was frozen in place. 'Did it get cold in here?' Izuku wondered as he felt chill all over.

Before he knew it, a pair of arms wrapped around his neck. Izuku's eyes widen at the sudden movement. "I'm so happy for you!" Rei shouted. She had a slight tint of pink on her cheeks.

Izuku smiled as he stood up and hugged her back. "I'm happy too. Apparently, I have a rare c-condition or something, s-so I'm a late bloomer." He told her.

They continued to hold each other for a bit before pulling apart but still had their hands on the other.

"Izuku?" Rei called out. "Y-yeah?" He asked. Rei tilted her head and slightly opened her mouth as she started to inch closer to his. Izuku was frozen in place. His face was red and his breathing was hitched.

Everything was happing so fast that he didn't know what to do. He subconsciously mimicked her. But just as there were centimeters apart she stops.

Izuku could feel the cold air coming from her mouth as she stared at him for a moment. Rei then moved to the side of his face and hugged him again.

"I-I uh, I was going to say that when you get your acceptance letter, how about you bring it here and we can see it together?" Rei asked. "S-s-sounds g-good!" Izuku stammered.

"Great!" She says as she lets him go. "Well go ahead and eat." Rei said walking away.

Izuku was still frozen in place with his face flushed and his jaw on the floor. 'What just happened!' He screamed in his mind.