Cold dinner 4

Currently in Rei's apartment. Rei was running back and forth from her kitchen to the dining table adding things and taking them off. She changed the table clothes three times because she thought Izuku might not like them.

If you thought that was something then you'd be amazed how many dishes she thought of making. She didn't know why she was second-guessing everything. She couldn't make a decision.

She had trouble with choosing a dish, tableware, she even changed the doormat. She sighed in frustration. "I wonder if Izuku is on his way here." She asked herself.

Meanwhile, Izuku was currently throwing all his clothes out of his closet. He was looking for something decent to wear but wasn't satisfied with what he found.

"What do I wear? What do I wear?" He said rummaging through his clothes. He looks over to the clock on the wall and sees it's barely 3. "Okay, I got an hour to find something. Shouldn't be too hard. Not like I have to bring anything." He said while he kept searching.

But then stopped. "Am I supposed to bring something?" He said to himself. "I should right? It's only the courteous thing to do." He thought of what to bring for a moment. "...What should I bring?"

-

Back with Rie, she decided to make a meatloaf. Something simple and everyone usually likes meat. She put the meatloaf in the oven and looked at the clock. "3:13. Okay, I should go and get ready." She said to herself.

Time ticked away and before they knew it, it was 4 o'clock. Izuku stood outside of Rei's apartment trying to work up the courage to knock on her door.

He was wearing black pants, a yellow button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and his red shoe. He was nervous about this. Manly, it was the item in his hands that made him uneasy.

Rei opened the door with a welcoming smile. "Oh good, you're here! Come in." She said stepping aside for him. Rei was wearing a white turtle neck sweater, a blue office skirt, and blue slippers.

Izuku stepped in and held out his arms awkwardly presenting the item to her. Rei's eyes widen a little in surprise. It was a bouquet of flowers. But not just any flowers, they were blue rindou flowers. Her favorite.

"W-what are these?" Rei asked. "I-I didn't know if I should bring s-something s-so I brought these for y-you. I hope you like t-them. That was all that was left at the flower shop." Izuku told her.

She took the flowers. She was a bit shocked at the weird coincidence of it all. But Rei decided not to question it. "Come, the food is getting cold." She leads him to the dining area.

The table was already set and the plates were already served with food along with a beverage on the side. 'She went all out?!" Izuku thought as he took a seat.

Rei went to the sink and put the flowers in a vase and then went to the table to place them there. "Thank you for the flowers. They look really pretty." Rei told him while taking her seat.

"Uh, no p-problem. Thank you for cooking." Izuku told her. "It's nothing really. I enjoy cooking." She said with a smile that could rival All might's.They then stare at each other for a moment. Neither sure what to say or do next. After a few more moments of staring, Rei snaps out of it.

"Please, eat. Tell me if it's to your liking." She told him."R-right!" Izuku said looking down at his plate. There was a generous sliver of meatloaf. 'I don't think I can finish that.' With a side of mashed potatoes. He grabbed a fork and took a bit of the meatloaf. "W-wow, this is really good!" Izuku told her.

"You're too nice. It's just an old recipe." Rei said. "This is still amazing." Izuku told her.They then continued to eat in awkward silence. Izuku was trying to think of something to talk about but nothing seemed to be interesting enough.

"So, how is school?" Rei asked trying to make conversation."It was...normal. Nothing interesting happens at my school." Izuku told her. 'Oh man, this is awkward. I should have thought of something interesting to say before I got here. "How was your day?" He asked.

"Not too interesting. I've just been here today." She told him. 'I don't want him to know how long it took me to decide on what dish to make." Rei thought. And just like that silence filled the room again.

The food was good but with the atmosphere like this, it became kinda hard to eat. Izuku's mind was racing at 100 mph on trying to think of something to talk about. Something they both had in common. "Can I ask you a question?" He asked her. "Of course."

"Did you ever wanted to be a hero?" Izuku asked her. Rei's eyes widen at the question. She then thought about her answer. "There was a time when I was a child I wanted to be a hero." She said smiling at the memory. But her smile soon fell.

"But my family was going through some difficult times and my family needed my help all the time I barely had time for school. And when I was a teenager I dropped out of school to help my family full time but that was when I..." She stopped. Her eyes were staring into space. Izuku was looking at her as she was frozen.

Her breathing started to become jagged. "R-Rei?" He called out as he put his hand gently on top of hers. She blinked a few times as she snapped out of it. She looked at him. His face showed concern. Rei then notices his hand on hers.

"I-I'm sorry." She said getting up and going to the bathroom. When inside she closed the door and locked it. She then leaned her back on the door as she tried to calm herself down. "What is happening to me?" She asked herself remembering Izuku's face of concern.

"Why did that happen now of all times?" She looked into her mirror and saw she was sweating. Rei then spent an hour in the bathroom before coming out. 30 minutes trying to compose herself and then an extra 30 minutes trying to think of an excuse on why she walked away so abruptly.

But when she went to her living room she saw Izuku was gone. Walking over to the table she saw writing on a napkin. It read: Thank you for the meal. Sorry for the trouble.

Rei looked at his plate and saw it wasn't even half-finished. She then rubbed her face in frustration. "Why did I do that? This dinner was supposed to be for him and I ruined it." She said to herself. She slumped on her couch in defeat.

She wanted to go and knock on his door and tell him to come back to finish his meal, but she was too embarrassed by how she just left abruptly. "I don't think I'll be able to face him again." Rei said to herself.

She then remembered Izuku's concerned face at the table and how he put his hand gently on hers. "He was so worried for me." She said grabbing said hand. "I shouldn't have made him worry for me like that." She let out a sigh. "I should give him some space and maybe try again.

Maybe"