Heating up Part 8

Rei and Izuku pull apart from each other as they slowly opened their eyes. Rei and Izuku blush as they both awkwardly stand there staring at each other.

Izuku didn't know what to say. It felt right to kiss her but he didn't know what to do now.

Rei had so many thought going through her head but she pushed them to the side. She cleared her throat before speaking. "Congratulations Izuku. I knew you could do it." She told him.

Izuku was confused at first but then remembered his U.A. acceptance letter. "O-oh, y-yeah. Thank you." Izuku told her. He had completely forgotten about the most important thing he has been waiting for.

"How about we celebrate with pie?" Rei said as she hurried up and went to the kitchen. "Uh, sure." Izuku said. Once she was in the kitchen, Izuku was left in his own thoughts.

'That was intense. Good thing she didn't say anything about it or I would have died.' Izuku thought as he sat back down. 'Wait, why didn't she say anything? Did she not like it? Was it too forward? Was it not appropriate? Oh man, why didn't she say anything?!' Izuku shouted in his head.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen with Rei. 'Oh, my gawd We kissed!! What am I doing?! He's too young!

Rei opened her fridge and pulled out her pie. 'But why did it feel right?' She then placed the pie on the counter and began cutting slices. Rei looked over at Izuku.

'He deserves someone better. And not to mention younger.' She thought as she went back into her fridge and grabbed the whipped cream. 'If only.' She then brought Izuku his slice.

After some pie and sitting in relative silence. Izuku felt his phone buzzing. Pullin it out he sees he got a message from All Might asking him to meet him at the beach.

Izuku eyes widen at the realization that he didn't tell All Might about his letter sooner.

"Is it important?" Rei asked as she could see him staring at his phone in shock. "Uh, yeah. I-I'm no. Well, I just need to go see someone real quick." Izuku told her as he put his phone away.

"I'll wash this before I leave though." He said as he grabbed his plate and put it in the sink. Before he could turn on the fauces he felt a hand on his shoulders.

"You have somewhere to be. I got this." Rei told him. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Positive." Rei said as she pulled him into a hug.

Izuku was shocked but returned the hug. "I'm proud of you." Rei told him.

Izuku's mind stopped. "I'm proud of you." Kept replaying in his head. He felt tears threatening to fall. He's cried many times and even in front of Rei before. But for some reason, he didn't want Rei to see him crying anymore.

"T-thanks." Izuku said weakling as he quickly turned around and left through the front door.

After leaving Rei's apartment. Izuku took a quick breather to regain himself before he made his way to the beach he cleaned up to talk with All Might. 

On his way there he kept thinking of Rei. He felt so happy around her. He shared everything with her. He wanted to be around Rei all the time. He liked Rei. 

Izuku halted immediately. "I...like Rei..." Izuku whispered with his face all red. He knew he liked her he just didn't know he "liked" liked her. Not like Izuku knew what that meant. His experience with girls has been less than pleasant.

Noticing he is near the beach he decided to ask All Might about this. Once there, they spoke about his acceptance and how to harness the power of All for one. But Izuku had a more important question.