Cold shoulder Chapter 5

It has been a few months since Rei has seen Izuku. Mostly because she has been avoiding him. Rei has been very embarrassed about the incident at the dinner.

'I couldn't even make dinner for someone. I truly am useless.' Rei thought to herself. She was currently taking a bath and had time to ponder her mistakes.

'I would still like to cook something for him. But after that disaster, I don't know if he would even want to talk to me.' She thought as she hummed in annoyance.

She sank lower into the water until the surface of the water was just below her nose. She stays like this for a moment until she jumped when an idea hit her.

"Who said I had to see him? I can just make something for him and leave it for him at his front door!" Rei said to herself with a smile on. Getting out of the tub and drying herself off. She put her robe on, slipped into her slipper, and went straight to the kitchen.

Once again she didn't know what to make. "Not again." She said in annoyance. Not wanting to dread on what to make she decided to follow her gut and make Katsudon for him.

It didn't take too long for her to make it, and after she did, she put it in a plastic container she was ready to take it to him. Grabbing a sticky note, she wrote; For Izuku. 

Figuring she wasn't going to talk with him now so she just went out her door in her bathrobe. Bending down to put the container in front of his door. She heard the door open.

Grabbing the container with inhuman speed she looked up to see it was Inko. "Uh, hello?" Inko spoke confusedly. "S-sorry! I was just leaving this here for y-your son?" Rei said.

Saying it out loud she could hear how it must sound to others. Inko stared at her weirdly for a moment. "He's uh, not her right now. Would you like to come in?" Inko asked. "Sure." Rei accepted her offer.

Inko moved out of the way to let her in. But as Rei was walking in, she started to crumble up the sticky note. Something that did not go unnoticed by Inko.

"Please, make yourself at home." Inko told her as she closed the front door. Rei looked around as she walked in. She also noticed Izuku's room with his name on an All might accessorise.

She continued walking until she reach the couch and took a sit by the armrest. Inko came and sat on the other side of the couch and they both basked in the awkward silence.

Or it was until Inko broke it. "So, do you usually cook for my son?" She asked. Rei felt herself become flustered. "U-uh, no. Not really, it's just that I-I had made a little too much and decided to give some to Iz-Midoriya!" Rei told her.

She didn't know why. But telling others she cooked for Izuku feels embarrassing. Not to mention she almost blurted out his first name. Rei was in a real dilemma. 'Why did I accept to come here?!' She questioned herself.

Inko was questioning what this woman wanted with Izuku. 'Was she really going to talk with Izuku dressed like that?' Inko thought looking Rei up and down.

Rei seemed to be wearing nothing but a pink bathrobe and slippers. The robe was above her knees and hugged her body showing her curves. 'Doesn't she know she was going to speak with a teenager?' Inko thought.

"Do you know where M-Midoriya is?" Rei asked. "Yes, he's working out at the beach." Inko told her. Rei smiled at this information. She was happy he was still working on his goal.

"I see. Getting ready for the U.A entrance exam I presume." Rei said but she soon notice Inko's face didn't show much enthusiasm about it. "Is something wrong?" Rei asked.

"Well, it's just I'm not quite sure why he is so persistent about this." Inko said. "What do you mean?" Rei asked. "I'm not sure if you know this but Izuku is...quirkless." Inko told her.

Rei remembered when Izuku told her. "Yes, I'm aware." She told her "And what is wrong with that?" She asked. Inko looked at her as if she was a green alien from Mars.

"Izuku doesn't have a quirk. He wouldn't be able to do anything out there! He wouldn't be able to save one person. He would just be a liability to everyone. And I don't even want to think about what would happen if he ran into a villain." Inko said.

Rei did not like how she spoke about Izuku. "With all due respect, I believe there is more to a hero than just quirks." Rei told her. "Do you have kids?" Inko asked. "Yes." Rei responded.

"Do they want to be heroes?" Inko asked. "Only my youngest. He about Izuku's age and he is aiming to go to U.A" Rei told her. "Am I wrong to assume he has a strong quirk?" Inko asked. "No." Rei told her.

"With all due respect, I don't think you would understand my point of view." Inko told her. Rei started to reminisce about her past. It was all about this point of view. "Quirks aren't everything." Rei said getting up.

"I believe my son will be a hero, not because of his quirk but his heart. And quirkless or not, I believe Izuku will be a hero as well." Rei told her sternly.

Her personality flipped so fast that Inko was almost sure Rei was someone else. "Please give this to Midoirya. Thank you for your hospitality. But I'll take my leave now." Rei said as she put the container of food on the coffee table and then walked to the door and left.

Inko was still somewhat confused at what had just happened. She didn't know why her new neighbor was so interested in her son and even almost casually used his first name. But Inko didn't like it.

She grabbed the container of food and opened it and saw it was Katsudon. Izuku's favorite. This was either strangely coincidental or on purpose. Either way, Izuku wasn't going to eat it.

Inko walked to the kitchen opened the trash bin and threw the food from the container away. Rei nor Izuku will ever know.