self care ☆

in which, diluc is stressed and zhongli helps him take care of himself.

a/n; first chapter let's get it 💪

modern au**

it was a late friday night, and diluc had just been getting home from the tavern. of course this was the norm for him but he had completely forgotten about his lover coming over that night.

not even seconds after he stepped through the door, zhongli had ran to him, immediately holding his cold hands. "luc, i thought you'd never come home." his pretty golden eyes, were currently flooded with worry, brows knit together tightly.

with a sigh, the younger had cupped his face with a cold hand. "i'm sorry li, the tavern was just so full tonight. that annoying guy who sings wouldn't leave me alone, there was a ton of fights and i- i forgot you were coming.." he muttered the last bit under his breath.

removing the other's hand off his face, zhongli had a stern look presented. he never usually made this face at him, he was admittedly a bit nervous. he hadn't even known what to say to him.

before he could even speak, zhongli gripped his chin, pulling his face towards him. "listen to me well", he started, a nod coming from diluc who was indefinitely scared.

"while i am here with you, you are on leave. you own the tavern, it'll be fine if you don't go for 3 days. you will not be going anywhere that's not with me. you need a break. do i make myself clear?"

silence. nothing could even form from his mouth. what was he supposed to say to that? that was so attractively nerve racking. should he be horny or intimidated? both? both.

"didn't you hear me? am i clear?", he repeated, his voice dropping a few octaves. a shy nod was given, his cheeks red in embarrassment. "yes..." diluc had whispered under his breath, earning a grin from zhongli.

he released his face, soon kissing his cheeks as he let out an airy chuckle. "good. i knew you'd never listen unless i spoke down at you." after hearing that, the red head swatted his face away from his.

"anyhow, your self care starts now!" disregarding that it was past 11 by now, the taller had pushed diluc into their room, pushing him to sit down on the bed. 'he was never this pushy when i didn't take a break', he thought to himself.

looking beside him, he seen the cozy clothes he picked out for him to wear, a small smile showed upon his face. but the smile only grew as the other helped him undress and switch into the other clothing.

warm hands gently unbuttoned his shirt, occasionally brushing over his fair skin. some scars had been there from past events before they even met, but it didn't matter to zhongli, because he thought he was beautiful.

tracing over a scar, a gentle kiss was placed on it. "you're just so beautiful my love."

making eye contact with him, zhongli caught a glimpse of his beautiful red faced angel.

the next morning, when the red head woke up, he hadn't heard any noise or even felt his lover by his side

the next morning, when the red head woke up, he hadn't heard any noise or even felt his lover by his side. it was unusually quiet, but he was too sleepy to be alarmed. he slowly headed for the bathroom to rinse his face and do whatever else he needed.

after coming back, there was food sitting on his bed for him. it was a little bit odd. was his boyfriend there or not? or was he too tired to notice the food before?

his mind was all scrambled, who cares he was just going to eat and get it over with.

minutes went by quickly, he ate his food instantly and was surely full after it. as he stretched out, he figured he'd lay back down and maybe go to sleep until the other got back. as soon as he laid down though, the said person had gotten something off the floor and looked at him.

"oh hi luc— HOLY FUCK"

zhongli had been introduced to diluc'a fist. in his defense, he should definitely not have been sneaking around like that and scaring him. "my nose.." he whined. when he realized this, he rushed for the box of tissues next to their bed.

holding the tissue to his bloody nose, zhongli had started to laugh a little, making his phoenix confused. "you know, it took you so long to notice i was there. you're like a dinosaur when you're tired. if i stay still, you won't see me" he wheezed, clutching the sheets.

face palming, he couldn't help but laugh with him. "you know, i never heard you yell out loud like that, i would have thought i knocked you out."

"okay that— that's not funny, you punched me like i was an intruder"

"i thought you were one!"

maybe, just maybe he'd take more breaks.

++
okok so this is LONG AS FUCK but that's great because zhongluc deserves it. i wrote this in class xoxo