jealousy ☆

i was going to write major angst since it was halloween buuutt...
you guys lucked out this time.

btw childe is a bit of an..obstacle? in their relationship here!!

obstacle? in their relationship here!!

in which diluc loves zhongli too much. or in other words, diluc gets jealous.

modern au**

"so... you forgot to tell me you were going on a 'brunch date' with tartaglia?" diluc was not pleased with his lover at the moment. how could he forget to tell him valuable information like that?

it's bad enough he was going to hang out with that guy — but to call it a date as well? that was too much. zhongli already knew he didn't like him (he didn't know why) but he wished he'd get over it.

"diluc, i'm a grown man and childe is my FRIEND. i can't cut my only friend out of my life for you! you have people that want to hang out with you so just- go somewhere!"

zhongli had never yelled at diluc before. and it felt good to yell now, well it had, until he seen the look on his boyfriend's face. a bitter smile with his head sunken down.

"right, my bad. have fun with childe, bye". 'hmp, fine then. since he wants to be like that, i'll let him.' zhongli thought to himself whilst he angrily put on his shoes and headed for the door.

'i'll just talk to him later, i don't want to spoil my mood and drag tartaglia down with me'

◆☆

at their 'date'.
childe could sense the anger in zhongli as they sat and talked. he thought maybe it'd die down but it didn't at. all. maybe a nice approach would work? yeah. let's try.

"hey zhongli uh, i noticed that you're a bit angry? wanna talk about it man?.. you're freaking me out here". zhongli let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding.

"i apologize, i didn't think it was so obvious". really, anyone could sense it, it was mind blowing how he didn't realize it. "it's just diluc.." and as soon as he said his name childe knew what was up.

"he doesn't like me right? so he didn't want you to come?" he guessed, but he was wrong. "i don't think that's it. he was about to explode when i told him before i left.."

tilting his head, he prayed again, "oh? but you told him we were going out before today, right?" never had zhongli widened his eyes so big before. he had completely forgot to tell him beforehand.