that stupid archon ☆

did someone say archon zhongluc? 😍

i hope so.

(picture credits to @beezhlc )

in which they live their eternal lives together.

canon time set **
____________________________________

nobody would have thought that two archons such as morax and the pyro archon would get together. they were total opposites of course. if fire and water weren't enough, fire and just straight rocks? that was definitely something.

they've been together so long neither knew when exactly they had fallen for each other. as surprising as it may seem, diluc had actually fallen first and how he made it painfully obvious even he couldn't deny it.

if zhongli can recall properly, he had noticed his feelings when he had thrown his mountains at venti.

𝓯𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 ➷

"for crying out loud barbatos, JUST STOP BOTHERING ME FOR ONCE", morax had shouted. they had been in liyue, where morax himself had planned to reside in.

of course while the other archons visited, they had naturally all sat far up on Mt. Hulao, where lots of core lapis can be found now.

"HAHA! MORAX YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE CALM AND COLLECTED ARE YOU NOT MY FRIEND?", barbatos' laughter rung through the mountain tops, making their yells echo

and diluc as well as baal's ears hurt like a bitch.

other than the two males who were fighting, no one else knew the context of the situation. baal - hell he was confused as much as diluc was.

baal had only wanted to show off his new appearance he'd been settling for, not look at two dumb archons yell at the top of their lungs.

"WHO CARES ABOUT BEING CALM AND COLLECTED, YOU'VE TAKEN IT TOO FAR."

now diluc was interested. what could he have possibly taken too far?

"WHAT WAS THATTT? YOU SAID TELL OUR LOVELY PYRO ARCHON WHAT YOU HAD TO SAY ABOUT HI-"

and before he could speak any further, morax had dropped a huge chunk of rock over barbatos' head. with how big it was, since it had literally been a mountain, there was no easy avoiding it.

all had watched the mountain fall into it's new place, the top crumbling off of it. the fact he threw a mountain had been unbelievable but seeing as barbatos hadn't risen from underneath at least was concerning.

at least it had been to diluc.

"did you- a whole moun- PF BWAHAHA" ei wheezed out. he was laughing so hard he was slamming his hand against the rocks, clearly not paying attention to how his slaps were making what he and diluc had been sitting on give out from underneath them.

ei was already prepared when it fell, making himself float in the air, continuing to laugh.

diluc on the other hand had been mid yawn before he quickly fell through the sky. he wasn't in the right head space, he couldn't summon his bird- surely everyone expected him to catch himself but he couldn't.

trying to calm himself before he fell, he closed his eyes bracing himself but...

he never touched the ground.

instead he had been caught in warm scale-like arms. opening his eyes, his heart thumped loudly. was it from the intense scare or from his beautiful morax? (spoiler, both)

placing a hand on morax's chest, he hid his face in his shoulder. "i apologize for making you catch me...." he mumbled as he tried his best to hide his rosy cheeks. though the other hadn't minded at all.

"you haven't any reason to apologize, i was simply worried for you. you're not hurt right?" diluc's face had only gotten hotter, he could feel the vibrations of when he talked. he was so close. they were so close.

"i can't help you if you don't reply, luc." it was like he was trying to mess with him at this rate. his usual facade had melted away, his hands becoming sweaty and hot.

"i.. er- yes. i'm quite alright morax. thank you... you can put me down now hah.." he laughed awkwardly, feeling himself be let down gently. he stumbled a bit, but morax had been there like he always was, allowing him to tug on his shirt.

"quite the jelly legs we have here huh mister archon?" morax had lifted his head to finally take a look at the overheating archon.

steam had puffed out of his ears, his hair was all messy and his lips were ever so slightly parted. he thought he was

"cute." morax had blurted out. diluc's had had slowly turned to his, gripping at his shirt as it burned away in his hands.

"hey. hey!" the other had yelled, the red head snapping out of his trance. "hm? oh! OH! i'm sorry i- uh" he stumbled on his words, releasing his burnt shirt from his hand. he had wiped his hand on his own shirt, putting his hands on his hips awkwardly.

"you're burning your own shirt as well now"

"fuck fuck fuck"

he now had half of a shirt, exposing his toned stomach and many burns to the other male. he had just held onto himself at this rate, he's been burned many times once before so he'd be alright.

"i deeply apologize mora. i didn't mean to do this-" he felt so completely embarrassed, there's no way he'd recover from this. or ever forget it.

approaching him, the taller had ran his fingers through his hair with a small grin, "fear not phoenix, i'm not upset."

"you're far more interesting than you seem" he commented, patting the other's head as he had floated himself far up to where they had all originally been.

"curse that stupid geo archon and my stupid heart."

(art credits to @helvicas on twt)

WOWWW it's been since last year hahaha.. get it? no? yea okay bye.

thank you ArticEliC & SaveTheAmazingCakes for the archon diluc idea !!

i'll definitely be writing more :)