I Will Forever Hate You

I love Klance so much and I'm sad that It never happened so here is some more heart break for ya'll.

Keith had been acting distant , he had been cold and absent for the last couple of weeks but more than so today. Something was up and Lance had a gut feeling, it was making him anxious. He felt like something was wrong , he felt empty and he couldn't understand why. His heart was telling him Keith was leaving ,he didn't know when or why but something in his body told him to wait in the hanger tonight. Blue could also feel it, she was sad and couldn't explain it either. Lance didn't have to wait long , sure enough a little past midnight he could see a figure make its way into the hanger. He didn't need to confirm it was Keith , he could make out the shadow of his mullet and the scent of his sweat. Lance stayed hidden as Keith made his way over to red . He started talking to her. Lance heard everything he was saying.

"Hey big red , you have been the best lion I could have ever asked for, thank you so much for everything. But I have one last favor to ask . Please please look over Lance. Don't let him forget. ) Keith's voice was cracking , he was struggling to get the next words out, he took a deep breath) please don't let him forget that I will always love him."

Lance felt like his world was crashing down. All of a sudden his skin felt like it was on fire , he was sweating. Before he could think he was inching forward. He wanted to run towards Keith , he wanted to scream at him and ask him what the hell he was talking about. But the only thing that escaped from his mouth was a whisper of Keith's name. Keith's eyes widened , he wasn't expecting Lance to be there, he didn't want Lance to be there, he wasn't sure he would bare his face. Keith turned to look at Lance. The pain showed clearly across his face. Keith froze , that's the exact face and pain he was trying to avoid.

L: "What are you talking about?" Lance's voice was barely a whisper.

Keith gasped for air , he wasn't ready and he wished he had never seen Lance's face like this. The longer Keith took to speak the more Lance understood what was going on and the more he felt like he was going to pass out.

L: "Answer me damn it !" . . . it was still silent "Keith !" Lance raised his voice as he walked closer to Keith , each step felt like he was carrying cinder blocks , each step he wanted to turn back around and pretend he hadn't heard anything. He reached Keith who had his head down now. He took Keith's head in his hands "look at me , what is going on" Lance managed to say through his cracking voice. Keith opened his eyes and managed to whisper "Coalition." Lance was confused "and . . . what about it?"

K: "The coalition is important"

L: "Ok . . so is Voltron " Lance was confused , he did not understand what Keith was getting at.

K: "The Coalition is where I am needed."Keith let out a breath as if he was holding his breath the whole time.

L: "The Coalition needs Voltron and you know Voltron can't run without you! You are our future " Lance did not know where all this was coming from all of a sudden.

K:"Voltron will find another Paladin that is more worthy than me, a Galra can never lead Voltron" Keith had shame allover his face, Lance couldn't understand why.

L: "Red already chose you, she could have picked anyone in the entire universe and chose you,I chose you, we all see the greatness in you, you aren't tainted because you are Galra." Lance embraced Keith in his arms, his warmth, his scent, it was making this so much harder for Keith.