Maybe I'll be Ok

Outside Lance's door, Pidge and Hunk were arguing about who should go in to check on Lance. The whole castle had heard him cry last night and they were a bit worried because they'd never heard anyone cry like that before. They imagined maybe he had a nightmare, missed his family or maybe he finally cracked with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Either way they needed to make sure he was ok, it was enough that they had Keith who was an adrenaline junkie they didn't need Lance be an anxious mess.

P: "Go in there and ask him what's wrong" Pidge pointed a finger and Hunk directing him to go knock on the door.
H:" Why do I have to do it?" Hunk shrugged his shoulder's .
P: "Because your his best friend" Pidge squinted at Hunk for his unwillingness.
H:" But he's dating Keith , lets go get him, he'll know what to do." Hunk turned around in the direction of Keith's room motioning to go get him when he stopped in his tracks.

They heard Lance sniffling and crying loudly . Pidge and Hunk stopped to listened for a second.

P:" Great you woke him up" Pidge squinted their eyes at Hunk again.
H:" Let's go get Keith , what if something bad happened?" Hunk was starting to panic, he did not do well with crying Lance.
P:"Wait do you hear that ?" Pidge motioned to press their ears at the door to hear better.
They both put their ear to the door , they heard more crying but in between breaths they could hear Lance softly say Keith's name. Pidge's eyes went wide "Oh no, you don't think they are , um . . you know . ." Hunk turned red "No! They wouldn't . . . . would they ?" they kept silent for another couple seconds and listened more. Lance was definitely crying there was definitely something wrong. Then Hunk snapped his fingers as he got an idea "I bet they had a fight and broke up, why else would Lance be crying this early?" "mmmm that does makes sense" Pidge rose an eyebrow thinking that was the most likely explanation.
H:"Lance was always a sensitive lover boy" Hunk grinned.
P:" More like Crybaby, anyway go in there and talk to him." But before either of them could take their ear off the door the door opened and both Hunk and Pidge fell into Lance's room.

They both quickly got up "Um Lance we were just . . um just walking by and wanted to see if you wanted breakfast" Hunk said trying to coverup eavesdropping. "We heard you crying all night and wanted to see if you haven't died from sodium deficiency" Pidge didn't even try to sugarcoat it. Hunk and Pidge had started to nervously chuckle until they saw how bad Lance looked. He had plopped back down on his bed and curled up to his pillow, his eyes were swollen, he looked defeated in every way.

Pidge froze , they hadn't seen someone like this since their mom got the news of Max and dad gone missing. Pidge didn't know what to do then and they didn't know what to do now. Hunk on the other hand had stopped panicking and questioning himself, he even left the humor behind. He ran to Lance's bedside.

H: "Lance what happened ??" Hunk sounded concerned and calm , something Pidge didn't know Hunk could ever be. Lance let out a big sigh before he could say anything. In between sobs he was able to get some words out. "Keith . . . . . he . . . Keith " Hunk instantly new Keith had broken Lance's heart , he just waited for Lance to try to say more. "Keith . . . left forever . . " Hearing this got Pidge's attention "He left? Where? When?" Pidge was concerned they'd be down a pilot again. "He left . . . me . . he left . . . the team" Hunk was in shock, he new he was a hot head but to leave Lance that was crazy. He knew they were meant to be from day one. "It's ok Lance , slowly tell us what happened" Hunk knew Lance was struggling to get any words out so he wanted to make sure he wasn't going to choke on his tears. Lance tried to collect himself. Pidge handed him tissues for his tears and some water, sodium deficiency was still a main concern for Pidge. "Here Lance, drink some water it will at least help with the tears." Pidge tried to give Lance an apologetic smile but they new nothing they did would fill the void Keith left.