Nothing is as it Seems

*Yunho POV*

   I did my best to quietly walk through Y/N's room, trying to carefully avoid any squeaky floor boards, just to keep Y/N asleep peacefully. I have know know idea what could have hold of her, but I certainly don't want to learn on my own.

   I tried to sit still in the plush arm chair Seonghwa had put in the room for her, but my knee won't stop bouncing. I'm sure it's just nerves keeping me from being calm. I'm really hoping that she's a fey changeling, there's more text on fey than we have on angels.

   I'd like to hope that when Y/N comes to, we're able to help her adjust to her new life. If she were to be fey, I'd full heartedly believe that she is a high fey from a family of good standing. It would explain her talent with the arts, her memory, and her mortal family's disdain for her.

I hear her shift in her bed again, no longer accompanied by groaning and whining. I lift my head to try and meet her eyes.

Shit. It looks like she's trying to sit up, I don't know if she can handle that yet. Before I realize what I'm doing I'm helping her the rest of the way up. I notice her wince at the feeling of my hand on her back. I pull my hand away and see a faint coal colored shimmer coating my palm.

"Yunho, why am I in my room? Wasn't I just watching movies with Mingi?" Y/N asks calmly, her voice doesn't sound groggy. She doesn't sound like she'd just been crying and screaming for help. She sounds awake and lively.

I attempt to meet her gaze but those two toned eyes are looking everywhere but in my direction, "Well, Y/N, you ended up passing out. You said something to Mingi about a headache and then you were passed out."

She looks up at me, "I passed out? Okay I still don't know how I got to my room?"

"We decided to carry you here so you could be more comfortable in your own bed."

"Oh. How long was I out for?"

I check my phone, "Seems like just a few hours."

"Well that's better than last time, last time I was out for a day," she says with a laugh. She's laughing?

"This wasn't the first time something like this has happened? Do you know why it happens?"

She lowers her eyes to stare at her hands, "I have no idea, I've never woken up with glitter on me before though. I though I passed out in the living room with Mingi, not in some sort of craft supply store."

"You never noticed the glitter before? While you were passed out you were crying and your tears looked like pure gold," I question her, not trying to be interrogative, just curiosity, "Theres also a spot on your back where there's something coal colored. It's almost like your clothes were singed."

"I have no idea why, last I checked I was just the most boring and basic person anyone has ever met."

"You had been glamoured into believing that, with you reaching maturity the glamour is no longer strong enough to conceal your power," chimed Yeosang, I wonder how long he'd been standing there.

"Wait power, like fairies and magic and talking mice?" Y/N giggled, "This all has to be some sort of elaborate prank, there's no way any of this is real."

"It's real, you've got magic about you, do we know what kind yet? No, but I have a strong feeling about it."

"Yeosang, what do you mean? Did your research bring you any new information?" I ask, antsy for an answer.

Yeosang looks between Y/N and I, "Yeah I have ideas. I'm not exactly sure what Y/N is, but I'm close."

*Y/N POV*

Yeosang turns to me, his eyes full of cold curiosity. A very mad scientist gaze if you will. I feel my blood chill with the intensity of his stare.
"I've narrowed it down to two options, the first being a fey changeling, the second being a halfling, half human and half fey. Those are the only two options that make sense of your abilities."

"You really think I am a fairy? That's impossible, ridiculous, absurd."

"Not a fairy as the stories you humans tell portray. But a fey, an ancient race of beings formed from Angel and Demon, from celestial light and hellish dark. They are incredibly powerful, beautiful, and charming," Yeosang explains, this still makes absolutely no sense to me.

"Have you ever felt like everyone either makes an enormous deal about you or they barely realize your existence? Like you have these insane expectations but you never get recognized for meeting them? Have you ever noticed that people go out of their way to either avoid you or to be near you?"

No. No. No. No. NO! I'm just Y/N, I'm not fey, I'm not special or charming or overwhelmingly beautiful or anything.

There's a soft tug in the back of my head, and a voice barely above a whisper pointing out that they might be right. Like with my parents, the constant comparison to my sister. The constant praise from teachers. Times that I had found myself given gifts from strangers, things I had chalked up to random acts of kindness.

"I still think it's impossible, I can't be a fey, it's impossible. I would've known before now." I feel like the walls are closing in around me, or maybe I'm finally free.

"It's actually extremely possible, I know it feels impossible. We all felt that way when we were turned by Hongjoong. But it would make sense wouldn't it? Haven't you ever felt disconnected from the people around you. Like you knew them well but you felt different?" Yunho adds, his voice is calm and affectionate. He cares what happens to me and how I react to finding out about what I am.

Yeosang studies me, those cold eyes scanning every detail of me. "Your features are distinct but not strictly fey. This must mean you're a halfling."

"Is that why my father always forgot about me? Because he would look at me and it would be like he didn't recognize me as his child or at all," I choke out, it would make more sense if it was that my real father was fey.

"Most likely, fey tend to have that effect on mortals, especially since you were heavily glamoured from such a young age." Yunho states, "Glamour is a form of magic that fey are particularly skilled in. Glamour magic can deceive non-fey and even other lesser fey's senses into believing they experienced something else."

"Glamour magic is extremely impressive, and a little invasive," Yeosang finishes Yunho's thought. "But someone has glamoured you into believing you are fully human, that wouldn't be possible unless you are in fact only half fey."

Well shit. That's not ideal. Really wasn't looking to having another mental breakdown so soon.

My whole life has been a lie, but funnily enough everything finally makes sense.