Cat and Mouse

*Y/N's POV*

I wake up in the morning to an arm around my waist, holding me tight. I thought I locked the door though. I turned to see who was cuddling me, and see Wooyoung there. He looks so pretty and peaceful, like a painting of a cherub.

   "Well, good morning beautiful," he says, startling me out of my daydream. He nuzzles into a hand I hadn't even realized I rested on his cheek.

   I caress the side of his face, "Good morning to you, beautiful," I say jokingly.

   He pulls me even closer to him, "Just a few more minutes please."

   "Why did you come here," I ask him softly, cuddling into his chest, "When did you get here?"

   He giggles and I feel the breaths at the top of my head, "Well it was a little after you'd fallen asleep, and I don't know why, I just wanted to cuddle someone." His cheeks are a little pink from the way he slept and his hair is a mess, falling into his face covering his eyes.

   I tuck a lock of his hair behind his hair, "Fair enough. We should go and eat breakfast."

   "You really are beautiful," Wooyoung says abruptly, wrapping a hand around my arm gently.

   "Shhh, c'mon. Let's go get breakfast," I say softly ruffling his hair, making it even messier. I roll over to the other side of the bed and try and pull Wooyoung up with me.

   He giggles at my attempts and pulls me down to his chest, "C'mon, I just want to cuddle~"

  "But I want food," I pout at him, "I'm hungry."

   He sits straight up, "And Y/N gets what Y/N wants, let's go to get breakfast."

   I drag him out of the room with me by the wrist, "You walk too slow, you need to hurry up."

  Behind me he giggles, "Y/N~ you walk too fast, I can't keep up."

   "Walk faster, then," I say bluntly, "Come on, I'm hungry."

   San opens his door, "Good mor-" I grab him by the wrist with my free hand, pulling him along with me too. "Good morning Woo, Good morning Y/N," he says after he's come to his senses.

   "Good morning, San, if you haven't noticed Y/N is on a mission," Wooyoung says in a lighthearted whisper.

   "Oh shit, she is," San replies, "What's her mission?"
   Wooyoung tugs on my hand, "Whats your mission, Y/N?"

   "My mission is Wooyoung walking faster so we can get to the kitchen quicker."

   San giggles, "I think we're the only people awake, Y/N."

   I stop and turn to him, "Do you doubt my ability to cook a good breakfast for everyone?"

   Wooyoung and San stand straight, "No, ma'am," they say in unison, a sloppy grin on their faces.

  "I have taken you both as my partners in crime, my assistants," I say in a slightly conspiratorial whisper, "Our mission together is to make breakfast without waking everyone else up yet."

   San groans in annoyance, "Why do I have to help, I don't wanna~"

   I turn to him giving him what I hope is a scolding look, "Because I chose you, San. Now help me make breakfast."

   Wooyoung is really fun to cook with I learn, he's attentive and helpful. San on the other hand keeps eating the fruit as he cuts it, and whining.

   "Go wake up the other boys, Sannie." I tell him softly, "We wouldn't want them to miss out on a good meal."

   "Actually I would," San says under his breath, I'm barely able to make out what he said.

   I glare at him, "What was that, San?" I say a little on edge, unknowingly pointing the knife I was using for the potatoes at him lazily.

   San's eyes widen, "Nothing, Y/N, I'll go get the others."

   Next to me Wooyoung is barely stifling his laughter, "Y/N put the knife down, you scared him."

   "Oh, oops, didn't mean to do that," I say placing the knife in the sink. "Alright, breakfast is ready, Young-ie can you help me with the table please?"

   "Anything for you, Y/N-ie," He says a little breathily, his voice bouncing between a laugh and talking. "We did good, didn't we?"

   I smile carrying half of the meal in my arms, "I think so, I hope the boys like it."

   "They'll love it, Y/N," Wooyoung says in a hushed tone, something I learned while cooking with him is his astounding ability to read the room, and to really listen. Wooyoung is very attentive, he notices the little things and it seems that he's always half a step ahead of me, he knew what I needed as I needed it.

   Slowly the other residents of the house come filtering in to the dining room, some still rubbing the grogginess from their eyes.

  Seonghwa smiles when he sees the table laid out with piles of food, "This all looks so good, can't wait to dig in."

   "Hey, good morning Y/N," calls out Jongho happily, huh, never would've taken him to be a morning person.

   "Good morning Jongho," I smile and bow at him.

   Yeosang comes shuffling in, "Mmmmhh I smell coffee," he groans while stretching himself out like a cat in the sun.

   Hongjoong shuffles in, his feet stuffed in a pair of fuzzy bear slippers, "Good morning." His hair is adorably ruffled and his eyes hold none of their usual sharpness.

   When all the boys are finally seated around the table I sit between Wooyoung and Yunho. Wooyoung looks proud of himself, the smile on his face says it all. Yunho on the other hand looks hungry, starving even.

   "Yunho you know that you can dig in whenever you want," I tell him, softly nudging him with my shoulder.

   He looks at me and smiles, "I just don't know what to pick first, it all looks so good."

   I feel my cheeks heat up at the sudden praise, "Oh shush, it was nothing."

   "She's a completely different person in the kitchen," Wooyoung states, "She's very intense, and not gonna lie, it's pretty hot."

   "She's just bossy, and mean," San whines, "She got mad at me for eating before the food was ready." He lifts his arm up dramatically, "She even hit my hand with the cooking spoon! And she threatened me to go wake you all up! She pointed a knife at me!"

   Wooyoung giggles, pushing some of the food around his plate, "That was really hot, not gonna lie." He pops a piece of melon in his mouth and winks, "Don't listen to San, she didn't threaten him she just forgot the knife was there and gestured at him with it loosely in her hand. She was more likely to hurt herself than him."

   "Yeosang full belly laughs, "Oh my, so San, tough guy, is scared of Y/N, the sweetest girl in the world."

   Hongjoong fake scowls at me, "I can't believe you would do such a thing to poor Sannie." His voice is over dramatic and drawn out, very sarcastic. "I'm kidding, but be careful, Y/N, I wouldn't want you to get hurt or anything flailing knives around."

   "I'll have you know that I am very careful," I respond, in a witty way hoping none of the boys notice my blushing cheeks or my voice cracking.

   The boys around the table slowly start digging in, enjoying the food I made for them. It makes me happy to see. But something doesn't seem to be sitting right with me. I thought they were vampires, why haven't they had blood yet?

   Hongjoong and I meet each other's eyes, and he smiles warmly at me, "Y/N, what's got you all in a daze over there?"

   "It's nothing important, Joongie," I reply with my head down focused on the food on my plate.

   I can feel his eyes on me still, so I look up, "Y/N-ie lets have a walk together after breakfast."

   I smile back at him, "I would love to."

   "Is it sad that I'm lowkey jealous of them," Seonghwa pouts from across the table.

   "Yes, yes it is. It's very sad," says Yeosang lighthearted and sarcastically.

    Jongho straightens up suddenly, "Wait, don't you have school today, Y/N?"

    I stare at him in confusion, "Uhm, I don't think so? I'm pretty sure there's no class for me today."

   "Okay, okay, good because Mingi needs more time to fake a few papers for me so I can protect you at school," Jongho says quickly, "What's the plans for today?"

   The boys around the table look up at him, exchanging looks and shaking their heads, "Too early to think about," Yeosang groans, "Way too early."

   "Agreed," says San, covering his eyes with his arm dramatically.

   I look around the table, "Well I was probably going to get myself all settled in my room. Unpacking and all that."

   "I told you you could use the library to paint if you'd like, right?" Hongjoong asks softly.

   "You did, but I don't want to mess up the carpet or anything, so I'll just paint in my room," I say shyly, he's been too kind to me already, I don't want to throw any of it back in his face by ruining his favorite room of the house.

   Yeosang snaps his fingers , "You don't even have to worry about that! We could get you something to use as a drop under your easel!"

   Mingi starts giggling uncontrollably, "He's only saying that cause he wants to watch you paint. He usually isn't this keen on helping others"

   "It's true, that's usually Yunho's thing," laughs Wooyoung, "Trust me, I've known Sang-ie the longest."

   I can't help but giggle, why could these boys possibly be tripping over themselves to win my approval. They've been claiming there's something special about me but I don't believe them for a second.

   The rest of breakfast goes on with lively chatter and subtly picking on each other. It's only my second day here but I honestly feel so at home here with these boys.

   "I'll clean up the breakfast dishes," offers Seonghwa, "Its only fair since Y/N cooked this morning."

   I smile and bow at him, "Thank you, Hwa."

   I feel Hongjoong wrap a soft hand around my wrist, "Let's go for that walk now, okay?"

   "Of course, lead the way," I joke with him, and slide my hand into his properly. Hongjoong tenses up for a second before he relaxes again. I hear the other boys murmur and whisper amongst each other, but I don't think anything of it. Why would I?

   "How'd you sleep last night?" Hongjoong asks earnestly, his expression like that of a puppy.

   I smile, "Like a baby, how did you sleep?"

  "Same here," Hongjoong replies, "You're still in Wooyoung's clothes, you know that right?"

   "I was so tired last night I didn't feel like changing, I'm unpacking my stuff later so I'll probably change then."

  "Fair enough, how do you like it here?"

   "It feels like the home I never had," I respond softly, damn it Joong, how do you always manage to make me spill things I didn't want to.

  His eyes soften and his grip on my hand tightens oh-so-slightly, "I'm glad to hear. You know you probably won't go back to your normal life, ever."

   "I know."

   "Doesn't that scare you?" He asks, worry in his voice and written in his features.

   I glance at him, before looking down at my feet that I shoved into a random pair of shoes by the door, "Honestly?"

   "Honestly."

   I stop walking for a second, "I don't know yet."

   He smiles, "Well, I will do whatever it takes to keep you comfortable here. And that's a promise I never ever break."

   "I trust that, I trust you," I answer him.

  "Do you have any questions about us, about vampires or anything?"

   I ponder if I should actually ask him what I want to, "I have one question, how do you guys get the blood you need?"

   He smiles, "I had a feeling you'd ask this. But, there are two main things the we drink to stave our blood cravings. Blanc, which for us is the plasma separated from the red blood cells, and Rouge, the red blood cells and platelets. We rarely feed from humans, rouge usually satiates our thirst for longer periods of time."

   "That is a lot to process but it's also exactly what I was looking for, thanks Joongie," I answer in a detached tone. I can feel my hand in his shake a little with the cold.

   "Oh my goodness, you're shaking like a leaf, let's get you inside and warmed up with some cocoa or tea," Hongjoong exclaims, his unnaturally bright coloring looking even more bizarre with the chill.

   I run alongside him, my hand still in his back into the house. The warmth of the house wraps me up in a nice warm hug, oh wait, nope, not the heat that is Yunho. Yunho hugs me tight, warming me right up. What a dork.

   He rubs my arms, "Sorry, you just looked so cold I had to."

   "Don't apologize, I love hugs," I respond quietly, again embarrassed with my eyes downcast.

   Mingi from the other side of the room yells, "Like Olaf! You love hugs just like Olaf!"

   "Mingi! What are you up to today?" I ask, running up to him happily.

   "I've gotta forge those papers and hack the school system for Jongho," he says nonchalantly, "Why, little one?"

   I pout jokingly at him, "Well I wanted to watch Frozen and Frozen 2 with you if you weren't busy. Well, after I unpack my room, anyways."

   He pinches my cheek, "Well, it shouldn't take me too long to finish this up, short-stack."

   I wrap my arms around him in a tight hug, "Yay! Yes! I can't wait."

   I run off into the direction of my room happy that I've found someone who has similar interests to me, someone other than Felix, that is.

   I hadn't even noticed Hongjoong sneak off, away from the living room, until he was gone. I'll be honest I didn't even notice that someone was walking in front of me until I bumped into them. The person I bumped turned sharply, and sighed pulling me into a room.

   He quickly shut the door behind us and pushed me against the wall.

   "You really should watch where you're walking, little Y/N, you shouldn't be so clumsy," cooed a silky voice, was it San? Yeosang? Seonghwa? Hongjoong?

   I nod my head in response to the vampires words, but who the hell is this and why the sudden shift in behavior?

   He taps my chest, right where my heart is beating, "Are you frightened, Y/N? Your little heart is racing away like a hummingbird."

   Ah, I recognize the voice now, "Yeosang?" I ask softly.

   His hands leave my shoulders, "Shhhh." He moves himself closer to me, one hand near my waist the other caressing my face. Tilting my head every which way, like an artist examining his work.

   "Are you afraid of me now, Y/N?" He asks in a hushed tone, the pad of his thumb brushing gently over my bottom lip.

   "Why are you acting like this? This doesn't suit you, Sang-ie," I say with a slight surge of confidence. I reach out with one of my hands towards his shoulder and hold onto him. Why is he acting so different? Is he thirsty?

   He leans towards me, real close, almost in my face, "How would you, a human, know what suits a vampire like me?"

    I lean a tad closer to him, trying to meet his eyes in this barely lit room, "Because you seem unsure of yourself in every move you've made in the last ten minutes, that's how I know this doesn't suit you."

   I can feel his shoulders un-tense themselves as he closes the remaining distance between us with his body, my chest against his, his arms circle around me. I feel him lift me up and I tighten my hold on him, afraid somehow of being dropped. He sits me on what feels like a table or desk or something like that.

    His breathing is rapid and unsteady as he leans closer and closer and closer to me, his breath becomes more shallow. He anchors his hands directly behind me, and leans closer than he's been yet. I lean further back, backing away from him.

   "Now, Y/N do we have to play this little cat and mouse game?" He says and I tense up, 'cat and mouse game', what exactly is going on here?

   He moves one hand to my thigh, the other on the small of my back. I feel his nose brush mine, and his breath fans over my slightly parted lips. It finally clicks, this is the game he's been playing. He's been trying to win a kiss.

   I clasp my hands behind his neck, holding him where he is, and he smirks, I can tell by the silhouette of his face.

    "You do know you just played directly into my hand, right?"

   "Of course I do, I'm not that stupid."

    I barely finish my sentence before his soft lips graze mine. When I kiss him back, he nips at my bottom lip, like he's begging permission for something. I run my fingers through the hairs at the back of his neck, gently pulling. Each tug at his hair causes him to softly moan into my mouth. The hand he has rested on my thigh moves further up, and he draws circles on my inner thigh earning him a few soft moans. He pulls away from the kiss softly and plants a couple sloppy kisses down my neck to my collarbone.

   I pull away from him, "Oh my goodness, what the hell was that."

   Yeosang's eyes are still half closed, "Something exciting, wasn't it?"

   "I mean, yeah, but what the fuck was that," I ask again, hopping off the desk and readjusting my clothes.

   He pouts at me, "Leaving so soon? We barely even got to the best part."

   "I still have to unpack, Sang-ie," I respond, slightly annoyed.

   "Sorry, forgot about that," he says in his usual silky tone, a giggle bubbling at the back of his throat.

   "I'm gonna go, I'll see you at dinner or whenever. Bye, Sang-ie." I wave and leave his room, going towards my own.

   When I finally reach my room, I think to myself that there's some emotional baggage that still needs unpacking too.