Not So "Glamour"-ous

*Y/N's POV*

Ever since last night everything Yunho and Yeosang told me is stuck replaying on a loop in my head. I don't even remember asking them to leave my room. The possibility of someone using magic on me throughout my entire life? I can't stand it, I can't handle the feeling of deceit.

I guess the whole faerie thing makes sense now. It all is just finally clicking and whirring. My "fathers" distrust in me, my sister being the only one who we celebrated, the expectations placed on me from such a small age. Even the way Hongjoong claims I caught his attention, it all finally makes a little bit of sense.

The one thing that doesn't; Felix. How did every other classmate of mine through the years forget my name and face but he remembered?

He's been with you since your wee beginnings. That voice in my head interrupts, He has never left your side since the very beginning.

Remember when you were just a wee thing? How Felix's mom and your mom suddenly met at the park. How they connected instantly? Does it seem to be a coincidence now?

Surprisingly I do hazily remember that day, it was spring. My first spring, I was barely 4 months old. It was so pretty, all the colors of the flowers and the blanket my mom used for tummy time was so soft. The air smelled sweet and Felix's mom had hurriedly approached my mom asking about diapers, she forgot to check her bag and realized she was out. Had somehow assumed her son and I were the same size.

I remember our moms exchanging numbers, laughing that it must've been fate that brought them together. I remember Felix grinning like the Cheshire cat, his signature smile.

Loud thuds at my bedroom door spook me out of my reconnaissance. "Come in," I call out, my throat dry from a night full of choking back tears.

"It's just Seonghwa and Hongjoong," a soft voice replies, "We're coming in." I keep my eyes glued to the handle as it turns, only to see two beautiful and cheerful faces appear in my peripheral.

Hongjoong pouts at me, his bottom lip jutted so far out it touches his chin. "Y/N, we've been worried sick. What happened? Yunho and Yeosang had no idea what was said or done. How
can we help?" I can tell he's being honest by the way his brows are wrinkled and the bags under his eyes are just slightly darker than they had been before. He couldn't possibly be guilty of anything that had put me in this situation.

"Yeosang is convinced that I am a fae halfling, that someone has spent my entire 20 years of life glamouring me into believing I am just a plain human girl," I gush, "And I believe I know exactly who it is that's been glamouring me."

Seonghwa's sweet expression shifts, his eyes widen and his cheeks puff out, "Isn't that good news? Isn't it a great start?"

"Not if I'm right, if I'm right it means my best friend of twenty years Lee Felix has been glamouring me into believing I am 'normal'," I try to keep my tone level, I don't want to yell at them. I don't want to be angry at them. They didn't do this to me. "If I am right, which Felix would make the most sense out of everyone in my life, I will be heartbroken."

"Well, we will help you investigate. We'll help you get to the bottom of this," Hongjoong confidently states, his confidence calms my nerves. It's something I appreciate about being here. "Now would you like us to gather everyone to discuss this or would you prefer this just be between the three of us?"

I mull over my two options for a brief second, "I'd like to gather everyone, I don't want them worried or jealous."

Seonghwa chuckles at me, "At your wish, Y/N-ie."

Before I know it I'm sitting at the head of the dining table in my froggy pajamas with matching slippers, trying to find the words for what I need to say. I never thought this could be possible. I never realized that I was anything more than plain old me. This is going to be hard, I might cry.

The anticipation from all eight boys eats at me enough that I feel this calm and collected façade of mine crack, "Uh, okay, so uhm I know I worried all of you the other night, uhm especially you Mingi. Uhm I wanna apologize for that. It's something that has happened a few times. Not very frequently but it's happened. I hope Yeosang hasn't already told you, but I think I know why now."

"Uhm, apparently it's incredibly possible that I am half fae and half human, I'm not entirely sure what that means necessarily. I just know that it means I am not uhh exactly who or what I knew to be true. My personality will never change but uhm I guess I'll end up learning a few fun quirks along the way." I feel like I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would, but who knows clearly my perception is off.

Wooyoung and I lock eyes, his widen for a second, "Uh Y/N, you were told that while you were unconscious you were crying gold, right?"

   "Yeah, what about it?"

   "Were you told about your eyes changing color as well? One was a really dark blue, the other was gold like your tears."

   "No, no one told me about that yet, what does that have to do with right now, Wooyoung?"

   He gulps the motion bobbing his slight adams apple, "Well uhm, Y/N, both of your eyes are blue, instead of the brown eyes we met you with."

   "Oh. Oh. Ohhhhhhh. Okay yeah, I have no idea where the hell that came from, probably some sort of Fey thing about like true appearances or something," I respond.

   I pause, collecting my thoughts, "Well anyways, uh, I never knew about my identity because ever since I was a small babe, someone or something was glamouring me and shielding me from my own magic and my own identity. And I'm ninety-nine percent sure I know exactly who it is."

      "Tell us who the bastard is, we'll find him!" Mingi excitedly yells.

"He's not a bastard, the one who has been glamouring me is my best friend Lee Felix."

Authors note !!
This chapters a lot shorter but I promise I'm working on more!!