Night Owl

*Y/N's POV*

    I must be paranoid, all day I've been feeling eyes on me, like someone or something was following me. As I arrive at my apartment complex the sensation of being watched leaves, and I feel calm again. I hurry up the stairs to my apartment, excited for the comfort of my own studio. When I enter I feel instantly relaxed by the wave of warmth and the strong smell of cinnamon and vanilla.

   I decide to skip cooking dinner and just eat whatever I can find in my cabinets. I grab a bag of chips, a few cookies, and a can of juice from the cabinets before half walking half waddling to grab my bag again. I just need to add color to my portrait painting and maybe read the next chapter for my Myth and Legends course.

    I set up my easel and canvas, my mind wandering to the subject of the painting. The way he just stared at me, his gaze only wavering when I met his eyes. His coloring seemed too vibrant, like he was too lively. His cheeks flushed a shade of pink brighter than usual, his hair a more rich tone of dark blue than I've ever seen. The structure of his face itself made him appear as more of a god than any mortal.

    I stare at the canvas, softly sketching in the crowd surrounding the man. Capturing the men and women bustling around him, but they all seem blurry compared to him. I decide to paint them in muted browns and blues and greys, it's not like they're the subject of the photo anyway.

   I grab a set of chalk pastels, deciding on starting with that just to really mimick the appearing of a bustling crowd, it's easier to blur the pastels and easy to paint in details over the pastels. So far I don't mind the piece in front of me. But I can't help but be disappointed, I don't have paints that are rich enough to do any justice to the man who is the sole focus of my painting.

   I open the bag of chips I grabbed and start munching away, now in my true happy place. Tonight is going to be a long night, I can feel it already.

   I dig for one of my palettes and my acrylic paints, the least I can do is mix colors to make an attempt at capturing the ethereal man from earlier. I quickly mix up a beautiful shade of dark blue for his hair, a soft peachy tone with a heavy honey influence to match his complexion, a rosy shade that glows thaw way his flushed cheeks did, a shade of light brown that sparkles the way is eyes were, and muted pink tone that could rival that of a rose bud for his lips. I add a tiny bit of gold to the palette, just to accent his features, in an attempt to mimic the way he glowed.

   By the time I'm done painting the mans features, I feel exhausted, my eyelids are heavy and my brain is begging me to just curl up and sleep. I can't sleep though, not yet at least, I should clean myself up first, maybe relax and watch an episode or two of the drama that Felix recommended to me. It's not like I have class first thing in the morning tomorrow anyway, I don't have Classic Literature until 2.

   I put away my paints and palettes and leave the canvas out to dry, proud of my accomplishments today. I pad through the apartment and wash the paint off my hands in the kitchen sink, watching in awe as the colors swirl in the water, it's just so pretty.
   I make my way to my bathroom for a quick night time shower. I turn the water up as hot as I can handle it and hop in. Letting the heat warm the slight chill still lingering in my bones and relaxing me from the stresses of today. It just feels so good. I just let the water flow over me.

  When I'm sure steam has covered my entire bathroom leaving condensation everywhere I shut off the water. I keep going through my time routine, washing my face, putting on a sheet mask, and then finally braiding my hair in two neat braids.

   I throw on the nearest pair of jogging pants and a hoodie I'm sure I took from my roommate my freshman year here, and finally I'm ready to just relax on my couch. I load up my Netflix account and look for the show Felix told me about, I'm pretty sure it's called Hello, My Twenties. Hopefully it's as good as Felix says it is.

   I'm not gonna lie, I do lowkey like this show but I can't help but close my eyes, and I feel myself drifting off to sleep before the first episode is even finished.

                        *3rd Person POV*

    Hongjoong and his right hand man, Seonghwa are sitting in a pair of large comfortable chairs in front of a beautiful fire, just chatting.

   "So Joong, what's so special about this girl you saw earlier that you want us to trail her?" Seonghwa carefully asks, knowing his best friend can occasionally have a temper.

   Hongjoong meets Seonghwa's eyes, "If I'm being honest, I don't even know. I've seen her more than just today though, Hwa. I don't know how to describe it as more than just a magnetic pull. Her aura, it pulls you in. And her beauty is comparable to that of a goddess. She's ethereal, Hwa."

   Seonghwa nods, "I believe you Joong, I'll go tomorrow to keep an eye on her for you."

   "Thank you, Hwa, I would do it myself but she's seen me and I would hate for her to realize I'm watching over her."

    Suddenly the double doors to the study open wide and in walks three gorgeous beings. Two being much taller than the third, they radiate a powerful and cheery energy.

   "Yunho, Mingi, San, what are you three doing here? Is the subject already home?" Hongjoong asks, curiosity evident in the way his tone intensifies with each question.

   Yunho simply crosses his hands behind his back gently, "She's safe at home. Were you aware she's an artist? And a fantastic one at that?" His tone is excited, like a child's.

   Hongjoong smiles remembering how he had watched her walk in to the arts university earlier that day, "Yes, of course I knew, that's how I knew where to send you to keep an eye on her."

   "I started where Yunho and Mingi left off at the convenience store, she worked a day shift there today, leaving when what seemed to be a night crew came in" Sans says lightly, "I also made sure no one bothered her while she walked to her apartment keeping a safe distance between us."

    "Did you perhaps go in to the store, San," asks Seonghwa, pointing at the bag in the younger boys hand.

   San laughs softly, "Of course, you know these nighttime watches make me a little hungry. Hongjoong, I understand what you mean by this girls aura being alluring. I couldn't help but feel like I was meant to keep following her."

   Seonghwa observes his sires face gently, waiting to see a reaction to the younger boys statement. Hongjoong only smiles, "She's amazing isn't she?"

   All three of the younger boys in the room nod thoughtfully, and bid a good night to the older males.

   "So she must really be something special if there are four vampires feeling drawn to her."

    "Oh Seonghwa, you have no clue."