What Am I?

*Y/N's POV*

    I can't believe what just happened between Yeosang and I, I can't even get over the fact that Hongjoong and I kissed last night. Now I've gotta deal with whatever the fuck just happened between me and Yeosang. This is definitely not healthy.

   After a few minutes of punching the air and cursing fate for doing this to me I stand up from my bed. I look around at the boxes piled in the corner and sigh, this really is something I'd rather not do. At least it'll be a nice distraction, I guess.

   I grab the first box I see and open it, it's a box full of sweaters and hoodies, something easy to unpack. I swing open the closet door and grab a few hangers to get me started.

    The repetitive nature of unpacking eases all the loud thoughts rattling around in my head. It almost reminds me of moving out of the toxic home I grew up in, and a wave of relief rolls over me, even though I'm not escaping from that anymore.

    I start humming and lightly singing to a few of the songs stuck in my head, just having a blast doing something relatively mindless. I'm midway through my rendition of a Red Velvet song before I notice Mingi standing in the doorway smiling.

   "Am I interrupting something?" He asks, his voice bright and happy as usual.

    "Hmm, nope, not interrupting a single thing," I say in an awkward attempt to sound nonchalant, "Why whats up?"

   He steps further into my room, "I was just wondering if you wanted to go watch Frozen and Frozen 2 yet. But it appears you might be busy with your room still."

   I watch him as he takes a seat on the edge of my bed, "I don't have much more to do, probably just a few more boxes and then cleaning up my mess. Are you already done with all the paperwork for Jongho? That fast?"

   "Nah, I'm just bored, but I can finish it later tonight."

   "Still that's impressive, dude," I tell him, in awe of how hacking a college's information systems could be boring to him.

   He reaches for one of my sketchbooks, "May I?" He asks showing me the book in question.

    I nod at him, "Go ahead, that's an old one so it may not be the best."

   He lays himself down on my bed comfortably to flick through my sketchbooks, "Hey, if this is an old sketch book how'd you draw Seonghwa in it?"

   "What? I don't remember that?" I stand up to look over his shoulder. Sure enough taking up the whole page is none other than Seonghwa, when was this?

   "It's from the day that he and Hongjoong got into a huge fight, it was a bad day," Mingi says softly, "But the way you captured him in this drawing is breathtaking."

    I look closer at the drawing, and Mingi isn't wrong. I had drawn Seonghwa in all of his glory, from the soft curve of his lips and slope of his nose to the sharp angles of his jawline and the square shape to his shoulder. I caught him how he is, even slouched over he looks elegant. How come I don't remember this? This is a sketch I'd be proud of and hang up.

   Neither of us are focusing on what's happening around us enough to notice someone else sneak into the room, "What're you guys up to?"

   I lightly jump, startled by the presence of another, "Oh Yunho, it's you, Mingi was looking through some of my old drawings while I unpacked."

   "Well until I found out she had drawn Seonghwa the day he'd run from home," Mingi adds, "That kinda grabbed her attention."

   Yunho looks at us puzzled, "Are you sure?"

   Mingi motions him over, "Look, it has to be Seonghwa. That must mean that you drew one of us on the same day another of us noticed you."

   "That's lowkey insane to think about, Ima need a minute to process that," I say holding my hands out to my sides and closing my eyes.

   A flash of a memory skits across my vision, Felix and I sitting in our favorite park against a tree. Felix was half asleep resting his head on my leg. Seonghwa was across the field from us, hugging his knees to his chest. I remember seeing only glimpses of his face but still sketching this out.

   "You okay?" Yunho asks, slinging his arm around me, jolting me out of the memory.

   I smile up to him, "I'm good, I just remembered that day."

   "Was it a good day?"

   "For me? Yes, it was a fantastic day," I answer serenely, my head back in the clouds reminiscing. It was the day before fall classes began and I was looking forward to them so badly. Felix and I were celebrating something I can't remember and having a grand time, just the two of us.

   Until he started falling asleep. I can recall playing with his hair and then looking across the park to see the most picture perfect guy slumped against the gate.

   The bed next to me dips, "Y/N, how do you remember that far back so vividly?" Ahh Mingi. He nudges my shoulder, "Most people would barely remember something like that."

   "I'm not sure, I think I'm just gifted in that way," I shrug away his concerns, "I've always had a memory like this."

    Yunho plops next to me, "Huh, that's cool though. So, are we almost done putting things away so we can get you set up to paint in the library." He wraps an arm around my waist, "I can tell you've been itching to paint since you got here."

   "As done as I have the patience for," I say hopping off my bed, nearly tripping over the plush rug in the middle of the room. As I stumble I can't help but to laugh at myself.

   Mingi grabs one of my arms and rights me with a smile, "You good?"

   "Maybe Mingi and I should carry your paint stuff, we wouldn't want you to trip and fall with all of this paint in your arms," Yunho offers nervously, his voice edged with genuine concern.

   He reaches for the different bags he sees that are paint covered and over filled with paints and brushes and canvases.

   Flanked by the two gentle giants I make my way to the library where Joong said I could set up a little studio for myself. They're carrying all the heavy things and I'm carrying my tarp that I have to keep paint off the expensive looking rugs.

   Hongjoong is beeming at me from behind a heavy oak desk, his expression so soft and warm I find myself staring.

    The man himself interrupts my daze, "I see you've decided to paint in here instead of whatever crazy idea you had earlier. I'm glad."

    Yunho and Mingi help me set up the tarp, smoothing out the edges so they lay flat against the floor and are pulled taut against the wall. I set up my easel and set up a blank canvas. I just stare at the blank canvas, hoping for an idea. I can feel the boys staring at me in anticipation, waiting to see what I paint, but in this moment nothing comes to mind.

   I grab the canvas from the easel and set it on the desk. I'll take it with me to my room later and sketch something, maybe.

   "Well if you don't want to paint right now, don't force yourself to, you could always watch a movie or read or do anything you want really," Hongjoong rambles.

   Mingi perks up, "Would you want to have a Disney movie marathon? Because I do!"

    I grab his arm, "Of course, let's go!"

   Mingi is good company, he's funny and clumsy in an incredibly endearing way. I'm watching him fumble with the remote for probably the fourth time tonight. I snatch the remote from his hand and put the only movie I've been waiting to watch all day on, The Lion King, Mingi laughs at how I sit up perfectly straight and lean towards the TV.

   "So is this really your favorite movie or did you just want to watch it?"

   "It's really my favorite movie, now shhh, the best part is coming up," I silence him as I wait for the scene where Timone and Pumba sing Hakuna Matata, so I can sing along of course. It's literally the best part of the movie.

    I can see Mingi in the corner of my eye giggling, he's got a cute laugh, and watching him laugh like that makes me wish I had my sketchbook on me, so I could sketch out where the laugh lines and smile lines show on his adorable face. It almost, but barely distracts me from my song.

   I'm in my moment, singing and being goofy when suddenly my head begins pounding, another migraine. I've been getting them more and more frequently.

   The pain just keeps growing and growing, it's nearly blinding before I sit. This is the worst of the migraines I've gotten. It feels like I'm drowning in molten lava, I can hear Mingi calling out to me but he sounds so far away. I'm shrinking my body in on itself, hunching over, making myself as small as possible. Maybe the less light that touches my skin the better, but it still hurts.

    It feels like everything is too bright, too dark, too hot, too cold. The air is making me feel claustrophobic. My skin doesn't feel wind-chapped anymore, it feels smooth. I'm warm to the touch, I can feel the heat radiating off my own skin. The air around me is shimmering as waves of heat roll off my skin.

   As the pain in my head subsides, so does the piercing white light. It fades out softly, and slowly into black nothingness.

   Around me I hear worried whispers, I recognize their voices but I can't place which voice belongs to who. They're surrounding me, poking and prodding my skin like I'm a sick animal.

   I can barely make out someone's whisper of, "Hongjoong, did you know she's not a ..." before a dreamless sleep takes me under once again.

A/N

sorry for the slow and short update, I had really bad writers block but here we go!

comment what supernatural being you think y/n is! (I'll give you a hint she's NOT a vampire)